ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 67 of 104
« First < 17576364656667 6869707177 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Andy Reid appreciation thread
Hammock Parties 10:51 PM 10-01-2018
The guy could easily have tried to pump his superstar QB by throwing on the goal line at the end of the game.

He did the smart thing and pounded it three times for the fucking win.

Word to your mother, Pete Carroll.

Oh, and he has mind control over the AFC West. 18-1 in his last 19.
[Reply]
RunKC 02:10 PM 01-19-2022
Andy is better than Belichick. Bill hasn’t done shit without Brady.

Andy has gone to several championship games and Super Bowl’s with multiple QB’s and teams. That’s amazing
[Reply]
Curé 02:13 PM 01-19-2022
you know what andy weed? wub it in our face!
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:17 PM 01-19-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
A hair over 62% of their plays are passes. 5th or 6th in the league depending on the source you use.

Their first down pass percentage is virtually identical at right at 62% though they move down in the rankings a bit there. They're 9th in pass% on first down. It's about where they were last year as well.

I'd like to see them leading the league in that stat every season. There's just not a good argument for first down runs apart from blatant tendency breakers or the occasional RPO decision.
Where did you get that? I swear I read at NGS or somewhere similar they were #2.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:20 PM 01-19-2022
https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/passing-play-pct

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/sta...first-down-pct

I tried to check their work and could find some similar overall stats on ESPN and a couple other data aggregators but couldn't find anything on the 1st down run/pass rates to corroborate their data.

It seems fairly trustworthy given I could verify that their overall numbers were accurate (everyone judges run/pass just a little differently due to RPOs and QB scrambles).
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:24 PM 01-19-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:

Andy has gone to several championship games and Super Bowl’s with multiple QB’s and teams. That’s amazing
That's partly right and partly wrong.

No, he's never won anything without Brady, but Brady has been 3 distinctly different players throughout his career. He went from strictly a game manager to being a really powerful, accurate downfield thrower, to the damn robot he's become.

He didn't win with 3 different names, no. But you can argue that he absolutely won with 3 different quarterbacks. And Reid's never gone out there with a team that was overmatched like BB did in 2001 and arguably 2018 and beaten superior teams to win championships.

Those were awfully damn average football teams that BB got championship efforts out of with duct tape and bubble gum. Neither of those teams should've won a title but BB essentially willed it into existence. And on both sides of his career, no less.

There's not an argument for Reid over BB.

Yet.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:28 PM 01-19-2022
https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/passing-play-pct

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/sta...first-down-pct

I tried to check their work and could find some similar overall stats on ESPN and a couple other data aggregators but couldn't find anything on the 1st down run/pass rates to corroborate their data.

It seems fairly trustworthy given I could verify that their overall numbers were accurate (everyone judges run/pass just a little differently due to RPOs and QB scrambles).
I wonder if maybe what I read was at a different point in time. I remember the exact percentage being 69.7% but I don't remember the sample or context. It was something I found last week when talking about how few sacks the line has given up.

If I go to various sites like PFR and capture it after certain weeks, it fluctuates between 61% and 67% but the final stats that include last week's Steelers game, it comes out to almost exactly 62%.

So we'll go with your numbers.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:37 PM 01-19-2022
Man - from 2007 to 2017, Brady was just a damn monster.

He averaged (removing the season lost to injury) right at 4,500 yards/season w/ a 34/8 TD/INT ratio. An AY/A of 8.3.

He was accurate, he was aggressive - he was just a terminator out there. And by and large he did it with different weapons year after year after year. He went from the Moss/Welker/Watson/Faulk crew to Welker/Branch/Gronk-Hernandez to Brandon Lloyd, Julian Edelmen and Shane Vereen. Remember that 2 week stretch where Kenbrell Thompkins was fantasy relevant? That was weird. Brandon LaFell was a thing for a bit there?

And that was from ages 30-40. That's when he was at his peak and by FAR.

Man he was a monster. And now he's likeable and shit. Dammit I wish he'd just retire already.
[Reply]
tredadda 01-19-2022, 02:39 PM
This message has been deleted by tredadda.
Hammock Parties 10:46 PM 01-20-2022
intredasting

[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:41 AM 01-21-2022
From 4:45 - 5:50 was an interesting listen. (some of the history of the remaining QBs) VERY interesting IMO. Wow, kinda cool...
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 08:42 AM 01-21-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:

Absolutely agree.

I'd take Andy over BB any day of the week and it's not even a question at this point.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:57 AM 01-21-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
intredasting

I don't think you can argue the resumes at this point.

Give Andy 2 more rings and we'll talk, though.

At some point scoreboard matters. Sure, he had Brady for his run, but c'mon - he flat stole a couple championships in there as well. For now it still has to be BB.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:06 AM 01-21-2022
About the QB's...

One could argue that BB took a flyer on a 6th round guy that was honestly a prototypical pocket passer, largely NFL ready, from a power school that ran a pro style offense, and plugged him in to the existing offense. I know that's overly simplistic and they did evolve over time but Brady largely developed Brady, not Bill.

Mahomes, on the other hand, walked into an offense that Andy then custom-tailored to his skill set. They've both evolved together, including this year.

I know Andy doesn't have the rings but in many ways, what he's done is more impressive.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:09 AM 01-21-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
About the QB's...

One could argue that BB took a flyer on a 6th round guy that was honestly a prototypical pocket passer, largely NFL ready, from a power school that ran a pro style offense, and plugged him in to the existing offense. I know that's overly simplistic and they did evolve over time but Brady largely developed Brady, not Bill.

Mahomes, on the other hand, walked into an offense that Andy then custom-tailored to his skill set. They've both evolved together, including this year.

I know Andy doesn't have the rings but in many ways, what he's done is more impressive.
Again, I think we overlook exactly how much the BB offense changed over the years and how it changed around Brady.

I think BB deserves ample credit for that.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:10 AM 01-21-2022
Again, I think we overlook exactly how much the BB offense changed over the years and how it changed around Brady.

I think BB deserves ample credit for that.
But did Bill DEVELOP Brady or did he just adapt to him?

Andy has done both with Mahomes.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 10:39 AM 01-21-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
This season, almost 70% of their plays are passes, period. Only Tampa throws the ball more.
One of the things that pisses me off after a pass on 1st down that only gains 3 yards or less, is the predictable delayed draw play right up the middle.

I am sure I am not the only one who sees 2nd & 8 and screams at the TV, pleading with Reid not to run up the middle, only to watch a handoff up the middle. I don't see the benefit of a run that has no chance to gain significant yards. I don't think it adds anything to play action.

Thank goodness we have the best 3rd down offense in football, but imagine if we didn't put ourselves in 3rd and long so often.

Hell, maybe we don't really do it, but it sure seems like we do.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Page 67 of 104
« First < 17576364656667 6869707177 > Last »
Up