Page 152 of 408
« First < 52102142148149150151152 153154155156162202252 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Random Music Video Thread
KcMizzou 02:04 AM 01-01-2011
So, whatcha got that's cool?
[Reply]
Backwards Masking 10:54 PM 01-06-2012
Originally Posted by beer me:
Tales and Card are my next 2 favorites and you listed my favorite other songs from Gaudi. Other vids I was going to post as well. Ammonia Avenue is really great too btw and under rated even for APP imo.
Yep, sounds like we're pretty much on the same page. My list:

1. Turn
2. Tales
3. Ammonia
4. Gaudi
5. Stereotomy -this one fluctuates the most, very hit or miss, it's low now but was my fav at one point
6.I Robot
7. Eye
8.Pyramid
9. Vulture Culture - Alan's Least Favorite
10. Eve - pretty dreadful outside of "Lucifer" and "Damned".

I Like Woolfon's "Freudiana" and "More Tales" far better than any of Alan's Solo stuff, though for some reason I've been listening to "Press Rewind" from The Time Machine album constantly lately.
[Reply]
Dr. Johnny Fever 11:01 PM 01-06-2012
Originally Posted by Backwards Masking:
Yep, sounds like we're pretty much on the same page. My list:

1. Turn
2. Tales
3. Ammonia
4. Gaudi
5. Stereotomy -this one fluctuates the most, very hit or miss, it's low now but was my fav at one point
6.I Robot
7. Eye
8.Pyramid
9. Vulture Culture - Alan's Least Favorite
10. Eve - pretty dreadful outside of "Lucifer" and "Damned".

I Like Woolfon's "Freudiana" and "More Tales" far better than any of Alan's Solo stuff, though for some reason I've been listening to "Press Rewind" from The Time Machine album constantly lately.
I understand that different APP stuff requires different lead vocals but no one can touch Woolfson imo. He is the voice of APP.

I pretty much agree with your list. I think I like I Robot a touch better than Stereotomy.... but we're on the same page for all intents and purposes.

And well... I like Gaudi best.
[Reply]
Backwards Masking 11:03 PM 01-06-2012
I understand that different APP stuff requires different lead vocals but no one can touch Woolfson imo. He is the voice of APP.

I think I like I Robot a touch better than Stereotomy.
i ran Stereotomy into the Fucking Ground over the last year, the last time I heard Wheres The Walrus it gave me a headache, and I used to love it.

some much needed Time Off for that one.
[Reply]
Dr. Johnny Fever 11:07 PM 01-06-2012
i ran Stereotomy into the ****ing Ground over the last year, the last time I heard Wheres The Walrus it gave me a headache, and I used to love it.

some much needed Time Off for that one.
That's how I feel about "Games People Play" as a single. So many people know that one as their only refference to APP and I just want to scream NO!
It's a cool song but there's so much better and so much more.
[Reply]
Dr. Johnny Fever 11:10 PM 01-06-2012
So great... Woolfson ruled.

[Reply]
Backwards Masking 11:12 PM 01-06-2012
That's how I feel about "Games People Play" as a single. So many people know that one as their only refference to APP and I just want to scream NO!
It's a cool song but there's so much better and so much more.
hell, i'm younger than you, people my age don't even know that. know how I get my friends to give them a chance? Sirius, cause they remember it from The Chicago Bulls Dynasties and Chiefs Games.

pretty sad, but I gotta do what I gotta do. They never deny Sirius / Eye In The Sky doesn't Kick Ass though.
[Reply]
Dr. Johnny Fever 11:19 PM 01-06-2012
hell, i'm younger than you, people my age don't even know that. know how I get my friends to give them a chance? Sirius, cause they remember it from The Chicago Bulls Dynasties and Chiefs Games.

pretty sad, but I gotta do what I gotta do. They never deny Sirius / Eye In The Sky doesn't Kick Ass though.
In my experience a lot of younger people are at least open to hearing older music and giving it a chance. I've even converted a few to loving the message, lyricism and soul of music before their time more than what their newer generation offers. Not in all cases but I try.
[Reply]
Backwards Masking 11:23 PM 01-06-2012
In my experience a lot of younger people are at least open to hearing older music and giving it a chance. I've even converted a few to loving the message, lyricism and soul of music before their time more than what their newer generation offers. Not in all cases but I try.
The Dark Side Of The Moon reference usually helps too. The guitar is very Gilmouresque, which is what drew me in initally.

That and "Games People Play" :-)
[Reply]
Dr. Johnny Fever 11:40 PM 01-06-2012
The Dark Side Of The Moon reference usually helps too. The guitar is very Gilmouresque, which is what drew me in initally.

That and "Games People Play" :-)
The folks I've brought on wouldn't like the disco feel of "Games" but do like the lyricism of several album cuts. I've been in radio 22 years and always preached lyricism and musicality above catchy so the people I bother with my view from the pulpit get that.
[Reply]
Dylan 03:09 AM 01-07-2012
Warning: Cursing Involved.

[Reply]
lewdog 07:18 PM 01-07-2012
Some Hiatt....for beer me

[Reply]
Dr. Johnny Fever 07:26 PM 01-07-2012
Originally Posted by lewdog_5:
Some Hiatt....for beer me

Excellent!
[Reply]
Dr. Johnny Fever 07:47 PM 01-07-2012
Edgar Allan Poe's "The Raven" as done by APP... from the "Tales of Mystery and Imagination" disc.

[Reply]
Dr. Johnny Fever 07:53 PM 01-07-2012
Another from "Tales"

[Reply]
Dr. Johnny Fever 07:57 PM 01-07-2012
Probably my favorite from the Tales disc

[Reply]
Page 152 of 408
« First < 52102142148149150151152 153154155156162202252 > Last »
Up