ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1158 of 2688
« First < 15865810581108114811541155115611571158 115911601161116211681208125816582158 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:03 PM 10-08-2018
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Lets be honest here, its disappointing anytime we don't score a TD because we fully expect to every drive. Not realistic but that's the bar now. :-)
So true! :-)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:22 PM 10-08-2018
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Kelce dropped a perfect throw that should have been a TD and led to a field goal. I’m gonna hold the $10m veteran tight end to a higher standard than a quasi-rookie QB. Mahomes will learn from that game, but he was pretty damn good overall. 72 QBR against that defense is no joke. Brady won MVP last year averaging 73 QBR per game.

On the subject of drops, that needs to be tightened up. Young QB needs those guys to do their job. When the ball is there, catch it.
I don't know if I was pissing or getting a beer or what, but I've seen that referenced a couple of times and I must have missed that one.

But I've said this before and I'll stand by it until the end of time - EVERYONE has drops. Everyone. Over large numbers, they wash out. Kelce has made one-handed catches, stolen balls away in traffic and added 100s of yards to Mahomes overall yardage through YAC (some of it exclusively because of Kelce's efforts).

Balls get dropped - as a general rule I won't give my QB credit for anything that 'would have' happened had the ball not been dropped because I'm generally unwilling to take it away when a WR makes an amazing snag or run after the catch.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:23 PM 10-08-2018
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I don't know if I was pissing or getting a beer or what, but I've seen that referenced a couple of times and I must have missed that one.

But I've said this before and I'll stand by it until the end of time - EVERYONE has drops. Everyone. Over large numbers, they wash out. Kelce has made one-handed catches, stolen balls away in traffic and added 100s of yards to Mahomes overall yardage through YAC (some of it exclusively because of Kelce's efforts).

Balls get dropped - as a general rule I won't give my QB credit for anything that 'would have' happened had the ball not been dropped because I'm generally unwilling to take it away when a WR makes an amazing snag or run after the catch.
I agree, but that particular play, directly, turned a TD into a FG.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:25 PM 10-08-2018
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

Yeah, it was a pretty rough drop. Kelce was positioned inside the 5 and Mahomes lasered one into the numbers. Think Ramsey just barely missed deflecting it and it broke Kelces concentration.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 01:35 PM 10-08-2018
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Lets be honest here, its disappointing anytime we don't score a TD because we fully expect to every drive. Not realistic but that's the bar now. :-)
That, and we know how quickly our defense can give up points. If we settle for a field goal, we worry because it might be the difference in the game at some point.
[Reply]
jimidollar 03:54 PM 10-08-2018
Mahomes is now 19th on the Chiefs all-time passing yards list. With his game against the Jags, he moved above Pete Beathard and Brodie Croyle. Tony Adams is next.
[Reply]
FAX 03:56 PM 10-08-2018
Originally Posted by jimidollar:
Mahomes is now 19th on the Chiefs all-time passing yards list. With his game against the Jags, he moved above Pete Beathard and Brodie Croyle. Tony Adams is next.
LOL ... this is just so damn sad ...

FAX
[Reply]
dls6501 03:57 PM 10-08-2018
Mahomes had a mediocre game this week and we blew out a Super Bowl contender.

Feels good, bros.
[Reply]
FAX 04:06 PM 10-08-2018
I've been listening to a few nogs today. Almost without exception, they are now saying that "the real test" will be in Foxborough.

So far, "the real test" has been; 1) Road game at Chargers, 2) Road game at Heinz Field, 3) Next came the Jimmy G show, 4) Next it was the donks on Monday night on the road, 5) Then it was the WORLD'S GREATEST DEFENSE ALL-TIME EVER.

I sense a moving goal here.

FAX
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:12 PM 10-08-2018
Originally Posted by FAX:
I've been listening to a few nogs today. Almost without exception, they are now saying that "the real test" will be in Foxborough.

So far, "the real test" has been; 1) Road game at Chargers, 2) Road game at Heinz Field, 3) Next came the Jimmy G show, 4) Next it was the donks on Monday night on the road, 5) Then it was the WORLD'S GREATEST DEFENSE ALL-TIME EVER.

I sense a moving goal here.

FAX
In fairness, nobody ever thought 'the real test' would be the 49ers. Even Pete !@#$ing Prisco had us beating those guys (by like 1, at home...what an asshole).

But yeah, every damn week is "this is Mahomes ultimate test" and even on a day that the guy stumblefucks his way into a 300 yard game like Sunday (or really looks pretty shitty for 3 quarters before fisting the Broncos in the 4th), we still have to hear about 'the ultimate test'...

Eat balls, gents. The kid is good. He's damn good. And at anything remotely resembling his present growth rate he's going to the friggen Hall of Fame, good health permitting. There isn't an argument to make anymore that Mahomes is just some flash in the pan system quarterback - he isn't.

So just give it up. I understand it's not good television to just say "Damn...this kid is good", but you look like idiots otherwise. Road crowds, nerves, blitzes, shells, weather, penalties, drops, deficits - guy just keeps coming through. Can we just call him 'really damn good' and move along now?

The only real question is whether or not the guys can rise to the occasion in the playoffs and we can't know that yet. So just keep plugging along, learning and we'll all circle back in January.
[Reply]
FAX 04:23 PM 10-08-2018
I am being fair, Mr. DJ's left nut. Why would I make something like that up? I have way better fabrications in my parcel of unused lies.

Legion were the nogs who were calling the 9ers game Jimmy Grapes' opportunity to prove himself once more. And, they were expecting The Human Trebuchet to "come back to Earth" because you "can't expect this to continue". With the Great Spirit as my witness, that's what they said. (Paraphrasing, naturally.)

On other matters, this moving goalpost stuff reminds me of the way people used to feel about Manning or Brady ... they admired their talent but sorta wanted them to fail. I think that's a very common (albeit abnormal) phenomenon. Americans like to build up people then tear them down in order to feel better about their miserable, mundane, wearisome lives.

FAX
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 04:29 PM 10-08-2018

[Reply]
suzzer99 04:54 PM 10-08-2018
Lol that is hilarious.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 05:19 PM 10-08-2018
Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN:

That discussion could be seen in any sports bar which is great because they're not taking themselves too seriously.
[Reply]
Molitoth 06:03 PM 10-08-2018
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
That discussion could be seen in any sports bar which is great because they're not taking themselves too seriously.
Out of the discussion shows, this has been one of the best.

Where you at jwhit?
[Reply]
Page 1158 of 2688
« First < 15865810581108114811541155115611571158 115911601161116211681208125816582158 > Last »
Up