ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 154 of 185
« First < 54104144150151152153154 155156157158164 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The George Karlaftis Thread*****
Dante84 09:16 PM 04-28-2022
More to come!

What are the #Chiefs getting in George Karlaftis?

Had an NFC Personnel executive tell me “He reminds me of J.J. Watt, when Watt was coming out. An explosive and versatile playmaker who has a high motor and can line up at 3,5, or 7. Very strong kid” #NFL #NFLDraft pic.twitter.com/5qM3g6OrMr

— Matt Lombardo (@MattLombardoNFL) April 29, 2022

George Karlaftis was drafted with pick 30 of round 1 in the 2022 draft class. He scored a 9.23 RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 116 out of 1503 DE from 1987 to 2022. https://t.co/iXXBvnoFJc #RAS #Chiefs pic.twitter.com/eZ9XjNRDUB

— Kent Lee Platte (@MathBomb) April 29, 2022

“I was sitting there the whole night hoping we’d be able to get you.”

Karlaftis gets the call �� pic.twitter.com/DRGBDekvnl

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 29, 2022

[Reply]
Willie Lanier 06:04 PM 01-07-2023
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
I never said I hated or believe he's horrible, just don't make more than he is
You're consistently posting your disappointment with him in a thread dedicated to him; how else would you qualify that?
[Reply]
RealSNR 06:04 PM 01-07-2023
Evidence like it's the Raiders tapping out with a backup QB and not allowing Carr to finish the season.
Evidence like... oh, I don't know... comparing where he was at the beginning of the year to now? You know... improvement? Considering that he's undergone this improvement as a 21 year old? In particular how much he's improved upon the red flags coming out of college? Then taking into consideration the maturation process for DEs as a position across the league and how it often takes a little longer for them to arrive as great players?

Literally the only thing you've got is "But t3h mistakez!!!!" as if Maxx Crosby didn't just have a bunch of bad missed tackles in this very game taking place right now. That's kind of what happens to most of even the very good DL guys.

If you didn't have this stupid emotional investment in being right, you could have just ignored this thread at the midseason point, and nobody would have said, "Hey wait a minute! TW was critical of Karlaftis!!! Let's get him!" When I'm wrong about a player, I typically don't double down when they prove me wrong, especially if they play for the Chiefs because I see every game they play. That's what you're not doing.
[Reply]
RealSNR 06:08 PM 01-07-2023
Above all, don't compare me saying, "Niang has a chance to be our starting LT" in his first season after he opted out to you pooh-poohing every fucking play that Karlaftis makes.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 06:11 PM 01-07-2023
Originally Posted by Willie Lanier:
You're consistently posting your disappointment with him in a thread dedicated to him; how else would you qualify that?
If I hated the kid I'd post 1st in this thread when he disappears.

Posters who call him Justin Smith or Tamba Hali 2.0 are the individuals you should galvanize.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 06:12 PM 01-07-2023
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Evidence like... oh, I don't know... comparing where he was at the beginning of the year to now? You know... improvement? Considering that he's undergone this improvement as a 21 year old? In particular how much he's improved upon the red flags coming out of college? Then taking into consideration the maturation process for DEs as a position across the league and how it often takes a little longer for them to arrive as great players?

Literally the only thing you've got is "But t3h mistakez!!!!" as if Maxx Crosby didn't just have a bunch of bad missed tackles in this very game taking place right now. That's kind of what happens to most of even the very good DL guys.

If you didn't have this stupid emotional investment in being right, you could have just ignored this thread at the midseason point, and nobody would have said, "Hey wait a minute! TW was critical of Karlaftis!!! Let's get him!" When I'm wrong about a player, I typically don't double down when they prove me wrong, especially if they play for the Chiefs because I see every game they play. That's what you're not doing.
That's a bitchfit boys & girls
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 06:12 PM 01-07-2023
If I hated the kid I'd post 1st in this thread when he disappears.

Posters who call him Justin Smith or Tamba Hali 2.0 are the individuals you should galvanize.
Just take the L. I'll even throw in the towel for you
[Reply]
RealSNR 06:16 PM 01-07-2023
That's a bitchfit boys & girls
That's a tapout, boys and girls
[Reply]
Willie Lanier 06:20 PM 01-07-2023
What?

I'm not trying to galvanize anyone (odd choice of verbiage)

I'm just happier when the Chiefs are good as opposed to when the Chiefs are bad.

OK BYE
[Reply]
Holladay 10:58 PM 01-07-2023
Originally Posted by :
Leads the NFL in batted balls
I got to thinking about his water polo studliness. I swam competitively and water polo would kick my ass!

Someone earlier spoke about water polo and builds leg strength and core. I am thinking it also helps in batted balls. Similar skill set.

I was of the opinion for linemen to have a background in wrestling/judo. I might be thinking a state champ in wrestling that has a black belt in judo that is on a water polo team:-)
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:06 PM 01-07-2023
George had a pretty good game. Maybe his best one of the season. Whatever the case might be, he showed up today in splashy fashion from start to finish. I believe he'll have himself a great playoff run.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:06 PM 01-07-2023
Where the idiots who called this dude a bust?
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:14 PM 01-07-2023
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Where the idiots who called this dude a bust?

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:15 PM 01-07-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
George had a pretty good game. Maybe his best one of the season. Whatever the case might be, he showed up today in splashy fashion from start to finish. I believe he'll have himself a great playoff run.
The injury to La'el Collins could decide the AFC.
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:15 PM 01-07-2023
Tribal acting like he's some draft guru and throwing a fit that the Chiefs didn't draft the guy he wanted them to, so he's going to exaggerate the success of the guy he wanted and downplay the guy the Chiefs actually took.

Lol you're just some fat fuck know nothing on a message board. The fact that you are holding a grudge just makes you really pathetic. Sad life man.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 11:46 PM 01-07-2023
Players that had around 7 sacks in their rookie season.

Tj Watt
Myles Garrett
Brian Burns
Chandler Jones
Chase Young

Cam Jordan had one sack in his rookie year, Khalil Mack got four, Trey Hendrickson got two, Matthew Judon got four, Alex Highsmith two etc etc. So George is really on track with a lot of the elite edge rushers we see today. And the great thing is he's a young guy still at just 21 years old.
[Reply]
Page 154 of 185
« First < 54104144150151152153154 155156157158164 > Last »
Up