ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 13
« First < 678910 111213 >
In Memoriam>RIP Patteeu
mlyonsd 06:44 PM 05-01-2021
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
After we got our graduate degrees, we went our separate ways. I moved to Denver and he moved back to his hometown area of Kansas City. He went to work for an IT consulting company, and got assigned to a big project in ... Denver. So we met once or twice when our schedules allowed. But then we fell out of touch for several years.

I started my company and was working alone from home all day, and at some point I found the Star board to talk football. It was a great social outlet for a lone eagle entrepreneur. That led me to CP, and I happily posted there for a couple of years when I got a PM. It said, "I think I know you."

Patteeu and I had coincidentally found CP, and you know the rest.

He was a great guy. Always honorable, always clever, always respectful of others. I think we were destined to be friends because we had this Forrest Gump-like quality of always encountering each other - college, our engineering jobs, grad school, and chiefsplanet. I'm tempted to say that if I had a twin it would've been patteeu, but I don't think that does him justice. He was always moving through life at a higher level, and I was honored to ride in his posse.
That right there is the best compliment patteeu would ever hope for and relish the most.
[Reply]
dirk digler 07:21 PM 05-01-2021
After we got our graduate degrees, we went our separate ways. I moved to Denver and he moved back to his hometown area of Kansas City. He went to work for an IT consulting company, and got assigned to a big project in ... Denver. So we met once or twice when our schedules allowed. But then we fell out of touch for several years.

I started my company and was working alone from home all day, and at some point I found the Star board to talk football. It was a great social outlet for a lone eagle entrepreneur. That led me to CP, and I happily posted there for a couple of years when I got a PM. It said, "I think I know you."

He was a great guy. Always honorable, always clever, always respectful of others. I think we were destined to be friends because we had this Forrest Gump-like quality of always encountering each other - college, our engineering jobs, grad school, and chiefsplanet. I'm tempted to say that if I had a twin it would've been patteeu, but I don't think that does him justice. He was always moving through life at a higher level, and I was honored to ride with his posse.
Thanks for sharing Rain Main and I hope you are doing ok.
[Reply]
rico 08:03 PM 05-01-2021

He was a great guy. Always honorable, always clever, always respectful of others. I think we were destined to be friends because we had this Forrest Gump-like quality of always encountering each other - college, our engineering jobs, grad school, and chiefsplanet. I'm tempted to say that if I had a twin it would've been patteeu, but I don't think that does him justice. He was always moving through life at a higher level, and I was honored to ride with his posse.

This was an awesome story.
[Reply]
vailpass 11:42 AM 05-02-2021

Wow.
[Reply]
hometeam 06:41 PM 05-01-2021
Damn what a twist. RIP lil buddy.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 07:00 PM 05-01-2021
Thanks for sharing Rain man.
[Reply]
crazycoffey 07:28 PM 05-01-2021
I’m getting tired of people dying, army buddies, co-workers, friends and family. Now CP guys are resting in peace. Been a hard few years in this category.

Patteeu; always good for the last say in something, right?

I wasn’t going to post anything more than a simple “RIP” type thing. And, sadly, I think I’ve confused him with one of the sauls I don’t get along with. I was looking through all the rep messages we’ve exchanged over the years, We got along a lot better than I remembered.

My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends, (rainman, good story), and from reading these posts there’s a few of you who thought pretty darn highly of him, even in disagreement. That’s pretty awesome.

Reminds me of my favorite Frost poem;

“ To laugh often and much;
to win the respect of the intelligent people
and the affection of children;
to earn the appreciation of honest critics
and endure the betrayal of false friendsa
to appreciate beauty;
to find the best in others;
to leave the world a bit better
whether by a healthy child,
a garden patch, or a redeemed social condition;
to know that one life has breathed easier
because you lived here.
This is to have succeeded.”

I say Rest In Peace, you have succeeded......
[Reply]
Pablo 07:47 PM 05-01-2021
Thank you Rainman for the insight. That's truly an awesome lifelong friendship we should all be so lucky to have, even if it was fragmented.
[Reply]
2112 07:57 PM 05-01-2021
Thanks for the info Rain Man, I had no idea you two were acquainted let alone that long.

One funny thing I remember about Pat was that he couldn’t watch YouTube videos on here until like 2010. He said he had dial up in the sticks where he lived.

This is really bumming me out
[Reply]
JakeF 09:21 PM 05-01-2021
Originally Posted by 2112:
Thanks for the info Rain Man, I had no idea you two were acquainted let alone that long.

One funny thing I remember about Pat was that he couldn’t watch YouTube videos on here until like 2010. He said he had dial up in the sticks where he lived.

This is really bumming me out
Bill Parcells, isn't it?

Haven't seen you in a while.

Doing well I hope.
[Reply]
Sorter 10:38 PM 05-01-2021
Rest in peace, patteeu.

This fucking sucks losing these guys(Milkman, Sacc, FMB, patteeu). I'm sure there are more I've missed.
[Reply]
Munson 08:25 PM 05-01-2021
RIP Patteeu
[Reply]
KS Smitty 08:25 PM 05-01-2021
Sending good thoughts to all who knew him, it's tough to lose a friend too soon.

Always enjoyed reading his posts, whether I agreed or not, they were always well thought out. Enjoyed his "go-rounds" with the mods.

RIP and Godspeed Gene/Patteeu.
[Reply]
RollChiefsRoll 08:41 PM 05-01-2021
RIP Pat.
[Reply]
kccrow 10:40 PM 05-01-2021
Makes me feel a little jackass-ish for posting an awful gif of a guy waving bye in the other thread. I think he would have appreciated the humor of it though, given its near-board tradition.

RIP Patteeu. Condolences to those that had a personal relationship with him. Certainly an entertaining and intelligent fella.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 13
« First < 678910 111213 >
Up