Their hate only making us stronger.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 08:37 AM 02-14-2023
Originally Posted by Monty:
:-)
[Reply]
tredadda 08:46 AM 02-14-2023
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish:
My son lives in Philly and had to listen to that shit radio for two weeks. An EAGLES win was a foregone conclusion.

I’ve been listening all morning and it’s like heroin injected right into my antecubital.
No different than the AFCCG a couple weeks prior. Both fanbases were so confident in it that no other option was available and as such only the refs rigging and gifting the Chiefs a win is why they lost.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:48 AM 02-14-2023
Originally Posted by DJay23:
My girlfriend's dad (Bills fan) messaged me saying, "Congrats. Shame the game had to end the way it did." I wanted to rip into him and call him a hater, but instead I said, "I know. I would have rather had a TD, but the FG did the trick."

Don't let people steal your sunshine, and don't let anyone drag you down to their level. We are the champions, and they can't say ANYTHING.
Absolutely! Enjoy the second SB in four years. Let the haters stew in their anger and misery.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:49 AM 02-14-2023
Originally Posted by tredadda:
No different than the AFCCG a couple weeks prior. Both fanbases were so confident in it that no other option was available and as such only the refs rigging and gifting the Chiefs a win is why they lost.
Yep. Mass delusion.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:50 AM 02-14-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
In their defense, I hadn't heard anyone lead with it.

"Gannon sucks, Sirianni might be a fraud, Gannon sucks, what happened on that fumble, but seriously fuck Gannon and man that holding call was a bummer..."

Philly fans seemed to be handling it better, at least on radio, than the national media has.
I actually checked out their SB thread on their board and while I didn't all the way through it, I read enough and pretty much the F Gannon theme was strong with them. I do believe as the dust settles more and more people will realize that the holding call wasn't what cost the Eagles the SB.
[Reply]
Monty 08:52 AM 02-14-2023
Originally Posted by irafreak:
Lol!!! It's Missouri! It's Missouri! Why!!! Person slapping their shoe on the ground. :-)

And you know all these fans were buying into their own hype. They thought it was over at half. They're planning their parade and getting ready to order their gear and picking out the lightest cars to flip and they just forgot that mahomes simply rips hearts out.

[Reply]
Monty 08:55 AM 02-14-2023
I actually checked out their SB thread on their board and while I didn't all the way through it, I read enough and pretty much the F Gannon theme was strong with them. I do believe as the dust settles more and more people will realize that the holding call wasn't what cost the Eagles the SB.
They're just going through the 5 stages of grief and it's early yet. I have clients that are Eagles fans. All calls have been moved to next week. :-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:18 AM 02-14-2023
My boss lives in Philly. He's as big of an Eagles fan as I am of the Chiefs.

I've pretty much treated him with kid gloves the last couple of days - I know what he's going through after being a Chiefs fan for 35 years.

He's been nothing but complimentary of the Chiefs and he's been totally gracious to me. But I have a feeling a lot of that is because of the way I'm treating him. I know deep down he's super disappointed and looking for reasons as to why they lost.
[Reply]
Lzen 09:21 AM 02-14-2023
True. And the national media really egged it on.
[Reply]
redfan 10:03 AM 02-14-2023
Originally Posted by notorious:
They pull no punches.

About every 30 minutes they get sucked back to the defensive holding. It’s glorious.
It was less than a minute for me...
Had to turn 'em off when they started discussing "There are some penalties you call, and some you don't".
[Reply]
tredadda 10:08 AM 02-14-2023
Originally Posted by Monty:
They're just going through the 5 stages of grief and it's early yet. I have clients that are Eagles fans. All calls have been moved to next week. :-)
Yeah I made the mistake of going on Facebook and an old friend of mine who is an Eagles fan kicked me out of her posts because she is in the "Eagles were the better team" and the refs and slippery field cost the Eagles. When I highlighted 9 reasons why that argument is false she gave me a TLDR and reverted back to the refs calling a hold. Then she told me to leave her thread. I guess they don't want facts, just want to stew in their echo chamber.
[Reply]
Mama Hip Rockets 10:09 AM 02-14-2023

Doug Pederson and Nick Sirianni beat the piss out of top defenses in NFCCGs. Andy Reid looks more and more like a fraud the further away we get

— Bleeding Green Nation (@BleedingGreen) January 29, 2023

[Reply]
tredadda 10:12 AM 02-14-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
My boss lives in Philly. He's as big of an Eagles fan as I am of the Chiefs.

I've pretty much treated him with kid gloves the last couple of days - I know what he's going through after being a Chiefs fan for 35 years.

He's been nothing but complimentary of the Chiefs and he's been totally gracious to me. But I have a feeling a lot of that is because of the way I'm treating him. I know deep down he's super disappointed and looking for reasons as to why they lost.
That's the thing, reasonable people can acknowledge that it was a good game with two good teams. Only one could win and tipping the hat to both teams and QBs can happen. Was it a hold? Yes. Should it have been called? Subjective based off how they let them play earlier. Was it the reason why Philly lost? Nope. There are a myriad of reasons why the Eagles lost and the hold is by far and away the least of them.
[Reply]
tredadda 10:13 AM 02-14-2023
Originally Posted by Mama Hip Rockets:
It's easy to beat up on a 49ers defense that was on the field for a looooong time because they lost all their QBs.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:17 AM 02-14-2023
It's easy to beat up on a 49ers defense that was on the field for a looooong time because they lost all their QBs.
It's exactly what happened in the first half of the Super Bowl. That's the whole Eagles gameplan. Keep the defense on the field and make the other team play from behind. The main difference was....our offense thrives when they're behind.
[Reply]
Page 38 of 42
« First < 283435363738 39404142 >
Up