ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 35
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Media Center>House of the Dragon
BleedingRed 02:05 PM 08-22-2022
7/10 good start, to be fair this is leading up to some major wars too. So I'm interested
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 04:45 PM 08-22-2022
I can't wait for this to really get going.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
ModSocks 05:23 PM 08-22-2022
Originally Posted by arrowheadnation:

Spoiler!
Yeah they were definitely foreshadowing some future peculiar behavior in EP1.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 07:26 PM 08-22-2022
Originally Posted by arrowheadnation:

Spoiler!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:28 PM 08-22-2022
That was....not good.

I figured with Sapochnik directing and them really needing to try to win back some capital with the fan base, we'd get something interesting. We did not.

And the guy playing Viserys is just a really bad actor.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:45 PM 08-22-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
That was....not good.

I figured with Sapochnik directing and them really needing to try to win back some capital with the fan base, we'd get something interesting. We did not.

And the guy playing Viserys is just a really bad actor.
I see this as the standard playing not to lose approach. They threw a bunch of money at shiny shit, tried to make something immersive, missed a few details and got beat. As a Chiefs fan I can see it from a million miles away.

They continued to miss what’s important. There were no Sean Bean killer performances, no magnetic Mark Addy banter, no Dinklage wit.

Daemon was interesting. Aema was compelling. The rest they missed on. I think some of it was trying to be stoic (see Sean Bean), but it wasn’t good.

Thats not to say it is a disaster. The whole birthing bed is our battlefield and the. The intercut birth with savage knight competition was damned good television. And the funeral scene carried weight.

But there is an interesting enough world they have access to and hopefully grab hold of they’ll get some rope.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 01:08 AM 08-23-2022
10M viewers for the first episode. On par with much of the S7 and S8 viewership numbers for GoT pre-pandemic, which is pretty impressive.

It certainly looks like this will be HBO's next powerhouse show.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 09:31 PM 08-22-2022
Felt like I wanted it to be Transformers but instead I got go bots
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:37 PM 08-22-2022
viserys is a total pussy

rooting for daemon

the medieval c-section was disturbing, even for GoT
[Reply]
Why Not? 06:34 AM 08-23-2022
I thought it was pretty good. Started a little "meh" but by the end, I was fully sucked in. Had most of the usual GOT elements. Liked how the music paid homage to the original, especially during the ending credits.
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 06:52 AM 08-23-2022
Big GOT fan, never read any of the books. Completely underwhelmed by the first episode.
Dragons/CGI were weak. Acting not very strong and character development was poor.

If you are going to have that c-section scene it would help if there was a little emotional investment in the king and queen.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:39 AM 08-23-2022
Who gives a shit about the quality, were there any good memes? S1 of GOT had the peak of GOT memes with Robert Baratheon.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 07:59 AM 08-23-2022
man I would hate to be some of you guys, way too critical about a tv show. Its supposed to be entertaining if you're not entertained don't watch it.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:12 AM 08-23-2022
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
man I would hate to be some of you guys, way too critical about a tv show. Its supposed to be entertaining if you're not entertained don't watch it.
It had as many viewers as the original shows did in their heyday. First show so people were curious. Lets see what the numbers are and how far it drops off.

Some people in this thread overall are way way more negative than I've seen in other places.

The scene with the medieval C-section interspersed with the violence in the tournament will eventually be viewed as a classic moment.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 08:31 AM 08-23-2022
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
It had as many viewers as the original shows did in their heyday. First show so people were curious. Lets see what the numbers are and how far it drops off.

Some people in this thread overall are way way more negative than I've seen in other places.

The scene with the medieval C-section interspersed with the violence in the tournament will eventually be viewed as a classic moment.
I mean i'm not disagreeing with some of the takes in here just saying is all. I watched game of thrones when it first aired and thought it was awful. I then gave it another shot a couple years later and became hooked.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 35
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Up