ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 56 of 57
« First < 6465253545556 57 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Sneed traded to Titans
RunKC 08:53 PM 03-22-2024

Trade: Chiefs are finalizing a deal to send franchise CB L’Jarius Snead to the Titans, per league sources.

Chiefs are expected to receive a 2025 3rd-round pick, in addition to a 2024 7th-round pick flop, while Snead will sign a new contract. Trade is pending physical for Sneed. pic.twitter.com/GWjyKAgxZq

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 23, 2024

[Reply]
Red Dawg 02:35 PM 03-25-2024
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
10.5 sacks isn't worth 100M.

If it is, then hopefully it's with another team.
The Bosa brothers say hi.
[Reply]
DRM08 02:40 PM 03-25-2024

As the salary cap skyrockets each year, I think we will be surprised by the amount of money guys are paid even if they aren't obvious superstars. We have seen that trend with NBA & MLB as well. Dudes we have never heard of are making insane money in those leagues.
[Reply]
O.city 02:45 PM 03-25-2024
Originally Posted by JPH83:
Are we talking about across his entire career, or in a single contract. What other DEs are earning that? Genuine question. I mean, I don't think he's worth that or will get paid anywhere near that.
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
He will absolutely get 100 million unless he falls off a cliff. If he keeps improving like he has, you’re probably looking at even more.
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
Only if he signs at least a 5 year deal. He's not getting 25 million per.
Originally Posted by JPH83:
This is what I mean. I guess there will be wage inflation as the cap rises...but that's a lot of money.

Montez Sweat just got 100 million dollars. Karlaftis is already on a better track than he was.

So...yeah. Chiefs fans need to prepare for Karlaftis to get atleast that.
[Reply]
O.city 02:46 PM 03-25-2024
Karlaftis has every bit as much of a track record as Brian Burns does. Go look at what he just got paid.
[Reply]
JPH83 03:41 PM 03-25-2024
Originally Posted by O.city:
Montez Sweat just got 100 million dollars. Karlaftis is already on a better track than he was.

So...yeah. Chiefs fans need to prepare for Karlaftis to get atleast that.
Karlaftis has a pretty long way to go yet to be the player Sweat is. If he gets $100m good luck to him, I'd assume he'd become an elite player.
[Reply]
JPH83 03:41 PM 03-25-2024
Originally Posted by O.city:
Karlaftis has every bit as much of a track record as Brian Burns does. Go look at what he just got paid.
And we don't even need to trade for him...jk
[Reply]
scho63 03:45 PM 03-25-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Imagine trying to defend that you wanted Andy AND Spags gone at one point!

:-)
Not gonna lie that I wobbled heavily on Spags at times.

Andy had moments that made me crazy but NEVER wanted to move away from him. The only game that made me question him was the Colts 45-44 playoff comeback. That game shook a lot of us.
[Reply]
BossChief 04:18 PM 03-25-2024

Dude.

By the time George gets to the point of an extension, he will be closer to a 150m player than a 100m player. The cap will be well over 300m by then.

He’s extremely raw still and is already a really good player that has shown to be extremely coachable and seeks to improve.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 05:03 PM 03-25-2024
Originally Posted by gordonelloyd:
He walks next year after a three peat this year, something that has never been done before. Much more value than what we got.
Veach isn’t gonna go all in and not play fir the future. An injury can derail anything. We’re in a window while we have Mahomes. Why sacrifice the future, when we need to maximize the time we have Mahomes/Andy together. We won with the majority of these players last year. We’re better at receiver already. We need OL as we have no legit LT. No update on when Thuney is available. Fill the roster out with that money, and let the best coach/quarterback/defensive coordinator/TE in the league do what they do best!
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 05:08 PM 03-25-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Imagine trying to defend that you wanted Andy AND Spags gone at one point!

:-)
Reerun KC still sticks to his guns on that. It’s unbelievable. 3 fucking rings later. :-)
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 05:58 PM 03-25-2024
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Veach isn’t gonna go all in and not play fir the future. An injury can derail anything. We’re in a window while we have Mahomes. Why sacrifice the future, when we need to maximize the time we have Mahomes/Andy together. We won with the majority of these players last year. We’re better at receiver already. We need OL as we have no legit LT. No update on when Thuney is available. Fill the roster out with that money, and let the best coach/quarterback/defensive coordinator/TE in the league do what they do best!
Theres a bunch of people who feel the chance at a 3-peat is too alluring not to go all in for.

I agree to an extent. I dont think an all-in is necessary for a 3-peat. We're still a very young team. Let those guys develop, patch the holes in the offense, and I think we have a great shot at it.
[Reply]
Meatloaf 09:29 AM 03-26-2024
Just saw where Sneed passed his physical (reported by Paul Kuharsky). FWIW.
[Reply]
ForeverChiefs58 09:32 AM 03-26-2024

Highest Average Paid CBs

1. Jaire Alexander, $21M
2. Denzel Ward, $20.1M
3. Marshon Lattimore, $19.52M
4. Marlon Humphrey, $19.5M
5. Trevon Diggs, $19.4M
6. L'Jarius Sneed, $19.1M

Spotrac (@spotrac) March 26, 2024

Top CB Guarantees

1. Denzel Ward, $71.25M
2. Marlon Humphrey, $67.3M
3. Marshon Lattimore, $58M
4. L'Jarius Sneed, $55M
5. Jaylon Johnson, $51.4M

— Spotrac (@spotrac)
March 26, 2024

[Reply]
KCJake 11:58 AM 03-26-2024
Originally Posted by Meatloaf:
Just saw where Sneed passed his physical (reported by Paul Kuharsky). FWIW.
I thought he had a bad knee:-)
[Reply]
loochy 11:59 AM 03-26-2024
Originally Posted by KCJake:
I thought he had a bad knee:-)

It's called "cope" and it's what scorned people do to justify when things don't go their way.

Oh, he's not that good because he grabs too much. He has too many illegal contact / holding / DPI penalties. He has a bum knee. etc.
[Reply]
Page 56 of 57
« First < 6465253545556 57 >
Up