ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 53 of 57
« First < 3434950515253 54555657 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Sneed traded to Titans
RunKC 08:53 PM 03-22-2024

Trade: Chiefs are finalizing a deal to send franchise CB L’Jarius Snead to the Titans, per league sources.

Chiefs are expected to receive a 2025 3rd-round pick, in addition to a 2024 7th-round pick flop, while Snead will sign a new contract. Trade is pending physical for Sneed. pic.twitter.com/GWjyKAgxZq

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 23, 2024

[Reply]
FloridaMan88 08:28 AM 03-25-2024
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
I read this morning that Florio is now saying that the Chiefs should be penalized for violating the CBA because taking such little compensation implies that they never had any intentions of retaining Sneed. The CBA states that a good faith effort must be made to sign the player and that a player can't be tagged just for the intention of gaining compensation for said player.
Florio should be penalized for pretending to be an NFL "insider".
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:38 AM 03-25-2024
My last thoughts on this is while I understand why and how we got here, it still sucks to lose Sneed.

Can't keep them all and you have to prioritize at some point. Sneed wanted top $ and that's just not a good move for this team at that position.

Carry on.
[Reply]
RedinTexas 08:52 AM 03-25-2024
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Florio should be penalized for pretending to be an NFL "insider".
There has seldom been anyone in more need of a blanket party than Florio. He has a little miniature hard-on for the Chiefs.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 09:05 AM 03-25-2024
Sneed's knee will get several games rest at the end of the next few seasons. Extending his earning potential. Florio hates to hate
[Reply]
jjchieffan 09:09 AM 03-25-2024
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
Can you link that?
https://gridironheroics.com/nflpa-lj...y-chiefs-news/

Mike Florio with NBC Sports was also confused by the Chiefs’ decision and thinks the front office might have flirted with breaking Collective Bargaining Agreement rules on the matter. Florio suggests the Chiefs didn’t intend to extend Sneed when they placed the franchise tag on him, which isn’t allowed under the current rules set by the NFLPA
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:13 AM 03-25-2024
Florio:

“The Chiefs got too good of a deal on Mahomes. Something must be done!”

Also Florio:

“The Chiefs got too bad of a deal on Sneed. Something must be done!”
[Reply]
TambaBerry 09:28 AM 03-25-2024
Something I've been thinking about this morning, I can't believe I ever wanted Spags gone. That take was so hilariously bad and I'm so happy to be wrong.
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 09:30 AM 03-25-2024
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Florio:

“The Chiefs got too good of a deal on Mahomes. Something must be done!”

Also Florio:

“The Chiefs got too bad of a deal on Sneed. Something must be done!”
"The Chiefs have such a great HC in Andy Reid. Something must be done!"
[Reply]
Skyy God 10:18 AM 03-25-2024
The reality is that, with 3 SBs in 5 years, the rest of the league isn’t going to help the Chiefs in player for picks trades.

Hill, a likely HOFer, was the exception and probably a cautionary tale against giving us draft capital.
[Reply]
RedinTexas 10:28 AM 03-25-2024
Originally Posted by Skyy God:
The reality is that, with 3 SBs in 5 years, the rest of the league isn’t going to help the Chiefs in player for picks trades.

Hill, a likely HOFer, was the exception and probably a cautionary tale against giving us draft capital.
You have to remember that as a GM in the NFL your enemy is not the Chiefs. Your enemy is every other team in the league. Anyone that refuses to make themselves better because they're afraid of what the Chiefs might do with a pick is destined for failure. The Titans saw fit to trade a 2025 3rd round pick for him, so anyone else that would have been made better with Sneed has to live with the fact that they refused to give up anything better than the Titan's 3rd round pick in 2025 to get him. You worry about making your own team better at the least possible expense and everything else is secondary.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:37 AM 03-25-2024
Originally Posted by Skyy God:

Tyreek Hill is a unicorn special player, there will never be another one of him, Sneed isn't that guy.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 11:15 AM 03-25-2024
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
Something I've been thinking about this morning, I can't believe I ever wanted Spags gone. That take was so hilariously bad and I'm so happy to be wrong.
Did you revisit what was taking place on the football field when you had that take?

The Kansas City Chiefs were off to a historically bad start under Spags at the time he was under fire. Sticking to his guns on guys like Hitchens, Sorenson, Niemann, and playing Chris Jones out of position with no adequate replacement in the middle led to a 100% red zone failure rate for what was it, 8 games?

Reach the 20, you're guaranteed points.

The decisions that Steve Spagnuolo was making with the personnel group that he had simply were not good decisions at the time, and he was rightfully criticized at the time.

How anyone would fault themselves for wanting a guy fired for putting out an NFL historically bad product is beyond me.

Andy stuck with his guy because that's what he does, and some players were added, some players got more time in the game, and some players got broomed and it all worked out later.

But make no mistake about it, anyone wanting Spags fired for that abysmal performance wasn't wrong. The NFL is a what have you done for me lately business, and at that time he was under fire, he was doing a horrific job with the defense.

There's no shame in calling it out. He sucked.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:17 AM 03-25-2024
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
Did you revisit what was taking place on the football field when you had that take?

The Kansas City Chiefs were off to a historically bad start under Spags at the time he was under fire. Sticking to his guns on guys like Hitchens, Sorenson, Niemann, and playing Chris Jones out of position with no adequate replacement in the middle led to a 100% red zone failure rate for what was it, 8 games?

The decisions that Steve Spagnuolo was making with the personnel group that he had simply were not good decisions at the time, and he was rightfully criticized at the time.

How anyone would fault themselves for wanting a guy fired for putting out an NFL historically bad product is beyond me.

Andy stuck with his guy because that's what he does, and some players were added, some players got more time in the game, and some players got broomed and it all worked out later.

But make no mistake about it, anyone wanting Spags fired for that abysmal performance wasn't wrong. The NFL is a what have you done for me lately business, and at that time he was under fire, he was doing a horrific job with the defense.

:-)
[Reply]
C-Mac 11:26 AM 03-25-2024
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
https://gridironheroics.com/nflpa-lj...y-chiefs-news/

Mike Florio with NBC Sports was also confused by the Chiefs’ decision and thinks the front office might have flirted with breaking Collective Bargaining Agreement rules on the matter. Florio suggests the Chiefs didn’t intend to extend Sneed when they placed the franchise tag on him, which isn’t allowed under the current rules set by the NFLPA
Hmmm..
How is it that they can openly tag a player and then give them permission for them to speak and seek a trade with other teams and yet... not break thus stated rule by Florio?
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 11:28 AM 03-25-2024
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:

Sticking to his guns? I dont think Spags even had a choice with the cards he was dealt. Those guys were well past their expiration date but who the hell did he have on the team to replace them?
[Reply]
Page 53 of 57
« First < 3434950515253 54555657 >
Up