ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 92 of 333
« First < 42828889909192 93949596102142192 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2023 Royals Season Repository Thread***
ChiefsCountry 12:02 AM 01-01-2023

2023 – A new beginning for the Royals. Matt Quatraro era begins. A year to see which of our young players will make up the core going forward. Can Bobby Witt Jr become a superstar SS or will go to the hot corner? Will Brady Singer take the next step forward? Will Salvy be Salvy? Will Big Vin or Pratto take first base? Will they find a position for MJ? Who else emerges from the youth movement? Not to mention the development of the new downtown stadium.

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Jordan Lyles, RHP
Ryan Yarbrough, LHP
Josh Taylor, LHP
Aroldis Chapman, LHP

Top 10 Prospects from Baseball America
1. Gavin Cross, OF
2. Cayden Wallace, 3B
3. Drew Waters, OF
4. Ben Kudrna, RHP
5. Frank Mozzicato, LHP
6. Maikel Garcia, SS
7. Tyler Gentry, OF
8. Nick Loftin, OF/3B
9. Angel Zerpa, LHP
10. Carter Jensen, C
[Reply]
Bronco_buster2 03:04 PM 04-28-2023
I agree his K rate has not been good. One of my biggest pet peeves as an MLB fan is hitters who K too often, and pitchers who walk too many. My favorite players are the George Brett and Tony Gwynn types who hit and get on base. There's not many of them left. So reluctantly, I have accepted a few of the guys with the K rates between 25 and 30 are more common in today's game. I mean, Salvy remains my second favorite Royal of all time despite his often times embarrassing swings and misses.

Pratto's OBP in the minors is more of what I'm hoping can be a consistent thing (along with a K rate of 24.6% this year). Get on base, hit some dingers, and we have someone that serviceable in the back end of the lineup. You may very well be correct in your assumption that he's not MLB-level player. We throw these numbers around but really it's the eye test that we trust. And it didn't look good his first time.

I think MJ, Witt, Vinnie, and Salvy are good for the top 4 in the lineup. MJ obviously had some really bad swings early on but his at bats look much better lately, he gets on base and he has shown the ability to hit lefties. That's why I have him leading off. Plus, I just haven't been on board with Witt batting lead off.

So those are my top 4 in the lineup, followed by matchups that may favor Oli/Isbel/Fran in the 5 and 6, the AAA Massey we saw in 2022 batting 6th or 7th. I dunno, obviously that's what this year is all about. Figuring out who can perform at this level and who can't.
[Reply]
Tylerthigpen!1! 04:08 PM 04-28-2023
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
God we are bad. Like bad bad.
Can we get a mod to change the thread title to "***Official 2023 Royals Season Suppository Thread***" ?
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 05:18 PM 04-28-2023
Good to see Pratto with a couple of hits and an RBI.

Jordan Lyles is still terrible.

EDIT: 3 hits and 2 RBIs for Pratto now.
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 05:38 PM 04-28-2023
Originally Posted by Tylerthigpen!1!:
Can we get a mod to change the thread title to "***Official 2023 Royals Season Suppository Thread***" ?
I'd rather have a mod ban you from the website.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 05:48 PM 04-28-2023
Originally Posted by Vladimir_Kyrilytch:
Pratto has about a 35% K-rate in the majors, and basically the same number in the minors. He has very little idea what he is doing at the plate and it shows. At all levels. He gets undressed multiple times per game, ON AVERAGE (two K's per game in the minors). You don't put a bat like that anywhere near the top of the order.

I'd have traded Pratto last season if I was KC. He isn't capable of hitting at the MLB level as evidenced by his K-rate and walk rate. If he does play, it's for defense, and therefore, he should hit no higher than 9th, like ever. Maybe 8th on days that Nicky Lopez is in the lineup. And sure, 7th when Jackie Bradley Junior is in there.

These are comedy numbers you get with Pratto.

In 2023 so far, his K-rate is 57.1%. Just 7 plate appearances, but he's been undressed in 4 of the 7.

In 2022 his minor league K-rate was 30.5% in 374 plate appearances. That's a player that isn't suited for hitting in MLB. It ballooned up to 36.3% in his MLB experience.

The guy just can't hit. You don't bat him near the top of the order at all. You try to trade him.

Edit: just noticed that bronco buster wasn't saying to bat Pratto first, he was just listing him first. Anyway, Pratto isn't a MLB-level player.
Thanks for making sure Pratto turns out good with your dumbass saying he sucks. 2 RBIs today.
[Reply]
Bearcat 06:03 PM 04-28-2023
Seems relevant.

The nice thing about doubleheaders is they give Tigers fans the rare opportunity to see their favorite team score five runs in a single day. https://t.co/GcXxd3wa7r

— Dan Szymborski (@DSzymborski) April 28, 2023

[Reply]
Bronco_buster2 06:06 PM 04-28-2023
Three for three. It’s just one game back, but so far his quality of at bats is the coolest thing. He’s going opposite field and away from defense.
[Reply]
Nightfyre 06:27 PM 04-28-2023
Is this ump gonna have a job tomorrow?
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 06:32 PM 04-28-2023

Quatraro was arguing after Michael Massey's strikeout in the eighth. Massey should have walked to load the bases for the top of the #Royals order. Instead, pitch No. 7 was a called strike three. Frame over. KC down 8-6. https://t.co/RyrSsiQwIR pic.twitter.com/2xqOkxWAdE

— Anne Rogers (@anne__rogers) April 29, 2023

[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 07:17 PM 04-28-2023

Michael A. Taylor RBI bunt double!

Royals left first base vacant while fielding the bunt -- and then they also left second base vacant, so Taylor just kept going. Super heads-up play, and... it goes into the books as a bunt double. pic.twitter.com/hGc4wLT1dI

— Do-Hyoung Park (@dohyoungpark) April 28, 2023

[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 09:01 PM 04-28-2023
Those Twins uniforms are on point. I hadn't seen those uniforms before. That's how you do an alternate uniform.

Blue on blue is the Royals idea, bringing that back as the 24th team that unveils a full blue uniform. Meanwhile, as one of the 6 teams that don't have a baby blue uniform, Minnesota is just killing it. Very good look from the boys from the Mosquito-snow area of the country.

Correction: The Twins actually do have an all blue uniform. Tight.
[Reply]
tk13 11:49 PM 04-28-2023
Amazing thing is the White Sox are falling apart just about as badly as we are. Tampa crushed them today. 7-20 and only one game ahead of KC.
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 01:01 AM 04-29-2023
Originally Posted by tk13:
Amazing thing is the White Sox are falling apart just about as badly as we are. Tampa crushed them today. 7-20 and only one game ahead of KC.
I wouldnt blame KC for getting boatraced by TB. That's what they do there. It's a team managed by hedge fund guys competing against Bob Nutting's ego. TB is a strong favorite there. To understate the matter.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 08:46 AM 04-29-2023
These ratarded HR celebration outfits are plaguing MLB

[Reply]
ChiTown 10:11 AM 04-29-2023
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
FFS…..
[Reply]
Page 92 of 333
« First < 42828889909192 93949596102142192 > Last »
Up