ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 467 of 3903
« First < 367417457463464465466467 4684694704714775175679671467 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
BleedingRed 01:03 PM 03-19-2020
I don't trust Frances numbers, I'm using the John Hopkins map and their cases haven't moved since yesterday. They have to be way higher than ours based on the curv.

Now mind you ours are spiking because of testing, and based on what I've seen we have overtaken everyone in that department. (based on rate tested a day)
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 01:05 PM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by MIAdragon:
Any other business owners feeling this shit yet? My bakery employs 18 people and I’m down 60% already. Going to bleed as long as possible but this hurts.
Small business owner here.

Luckily for us, we can do everything remotely and with places closing down all over the country, we've actually been busier than normal.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 01:05 PM 03-19-2020
There is a video of KC people waiting outside a church for supplies and they are all together less than 6 feet. People are dumb and they are going to cost good smart people their lives. Oh well fuck it I guess.
[Reply]
SuperChief 01:08 PM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by Dunit35:
I’m waiting on Chrysler to do a zero percent deal. Then it’s new car time.
Which Chrysler you looking at?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 01:08 PM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
I don't trust Frances numbers, I'm using the John Hopkins map and their cases haven't moved since yesterday. They have to be way higher than ours based on the curv.

Now mind you ours are spiking because of testing, and based on what I've seen we have overtaken everyone in that department. (based on rate tested a day)
I’ve seen several scientists when answering the question, which site can we trust to get current info? They answer is usually the John Hopkins site.

For those who don’t know or missed it earlier in the thread..... use the menu and you can configure the numbers and views to what you want to look for.

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:08 PM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:

Which was always going to happen.

I know it frustrates some that we didn't just snap up every available existing protocol from the beginning, but there were good reasons for that and there was every indication that they simply weren't scaleable enough, accurate enough or versatile enough to become a viable option for a country this large and populous.

Instead energies were put into tests specific for our laboratory capacities and their ability to generate prompt results. And in a very short period of time we'll simply be better at this than we'd have been had we tried to limp along w/ a half-measure.

And ultimately I take little exception to those that disagree that it was the RIGHT choice we made. But to argue that our choice was somehow indefensible requires willful ignorance of what went into the decision and what the end game was.
[Reply]
loochy 01:10 PM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
There is a video of KC people waiting outside a church for supplies and they are all together less than 6 feet. People are dumb and they are going to cost good smart people their lives. Oh well fuck it I guess.
By God they're going to automatically infect us all because they stood by each other!
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 01:11 PM 03-19-2020

[Reply]
burt 01:12 PM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by Dunit35:
I’m waiting on Chrysler to do a zero percent deal. Then it’s new car time.
It'll happen. We have 0 for 84 months with payment deferment of 120 days. 0% is easier with the current low % from the fed....
[Reply]
SuperChief 01:13 PM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I picked my girl up from the last day of school and I was more upset than she was.

"Go say goodbye to your friends - you won't see them for while..."

"Yes I will, daddy - I'll see them in first grade!!"

Guys, I'm really not about stealing my kids childhoods. So now my little girl's gonna do 1st grade from her couch as well?

FFS - no. We cannot do that.
lol this is laughably absurd. Your little girl's first grade memories don't trump the millions of lives at stake here. Millions.
[Reply]
TLO 01:14 PM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
So you just blast asymptomatic people who have been in close verifiable proximity to confirmed infected with the malaria meds?
I figure they're going to find a way to just coat the entire US in it. Imagine the entire country being flown over by B-52's, dropping chloroquine powder on everyone.

It will be beautiful. :-)
[Reply]
dirk digler 01:15 PM 03-19-2020
In somewhat good news Missouri is stuck on 24 confirmed cases and 1 death.

https://health.mo.gov/living/healthc...l-coronavirus/
[Reply]
Skyy God 01:15 PM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Lol, good luck with that.
[Reply]
TLO 01:17 PM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
In somewhat good news Missouri is stuck on 24 confirmed cases and 1 death.

https://health.mo.gov/living/healthc...l-coronavirus/
Yeah but that was last updated last night. :-)

There have been more cases announced today. I'm not sure how many though
[Reply]
dirk digler 01:19 PM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
Yeah but that was last updated last night. :-)

There have been more cases announced today. I'm not sure how many though

Ah fuck good catch. You would think they would keep this updated.
[Reply]
Page 467 of 3903
« First < 367417457463464465466467 4684694704714775175679671467 > Last »
Up