ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 77 of 469
« First < 27677374757677 7879808187127177 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2022 Royals Season Repository Thread***
ChiefsCountry 11:07 AM 01-01-2022
For all things Royals in 2022. #3 minor league system according to Baseball America. The Bobby Witt era should begin this year. Will Salvy still be the homerun king? How does the glut of infield players work out? Will the young pitchers take the next step?

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Zack Greinke, P
Amir Garrett, P
Taylor Clarke, P

Top 10 Prospects from Baseball America
1. Bobby Witt, SS
2. Asa Lacy, P
3. MJ Melendez, C
4. Nick Pratto, 1B
5. Jackson Kowar, P
6. Kyle Isabel, OF
7. Frank Mozzicato, P
8. Ben Kudrna, P
9. Jonathan Bowlan, P
10. Vinnie Pasquantino, 1B

Duncan's Top Royals Prospects
Spoiler!

[Reply]
gblowfish 07:32 AM 05-12-2022
BTW: I saw my pal Mr. Doggity a couple days ago. He bought two of these coffee mugs at a garage sale for a dollar. It's the fan appreciation gift for the Royals in September 1977. Sponsored by A&P Eight OClock Coffee -which is still very tasty coffee. It has all the team members pictures on the mug design. Cool! I put my pens and pencils in it on my home office desk!
Attached: 1977Royals.jpg (75.3 KB) 
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 07:37 AM 05-12-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Because Mike Matheny is the manager.
When duncan has gone all doom and gloom on you: You suck.
[Reply]
cabletech94 07:49 AM 05-12-2022
Originally Posted by Fansy the Famous Bard:
When blowfish gets down voted for a vintage mug you know things are bad.
[Reply]
gblowfish 07:52 AM 05-12-2022
Originally Posted by cabletech94:
When blowfish gets down voted for a vintage mug you know things are bad.
Tough Crowd.
Probably a Yankees Fan.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:00 AM 05-12-2022
Originally Posted by Fansy the Famous Bard:

I’ve been doom and gloom on Mike Matheny for a long time. Same with Cal Eldred.

I was hoping the talent level was good enough for the P staff to overcome Eldred’s idiocy and lack of qualification to work with, well, anything more than a Little League pitching staff.
[Reply]
cmh6476 10:56 AM 05-12-2022
Looks like it is Jonathan Heasley's turn tonight
[Reply]
gblowfish 11:00 AM 05-12-2022
O'Hearn is hitting .087 and stranded multiple runners on base in his 0 for 4 ABs. Rivera pinch hit for him in the 9th and tripled with the bases loaded to blow the game open. Even with scoring 8 runs, the Royals were 2 for 15 with runners in scoring position. Only other guy to drive in a run as RISC besides Rivera was Witt Jr. Lopez had two awful ABs where he could not move runners. Merrifield had a 3 hit night and scored 3 times. Royals scoring 8 was their most in a single game so far this year. They lead MLB in scoring unearned runs off opponents.
[Reply]
PHOG 11:51 AM 05-12-2022
We should be able to score some runs tonight, Taylor Hearn has over a 6 ERA, with 15 runs allowed in 20+ IP.

But you know, Royals.
[Reply]
TLO 11:57 AM 05-12-2022
Originally Posted by cmh6476:
Looks like it is Jonathan Heasley's turn tonight
Who?
[Reply]
TLO 11:58 AM 05-12-2022
And when I say "who?", that's not necessarily a bad thing. I'd rather see this guy as opposed to Boobitch
[Reply]
ChiTown 12:00 PM 05-12-2022
Originally Posted by TLO:
Who?
What? Hello?!?! Does Big John Heasley not ring a bell? I mean, come on!
[Reply]
cmh6476 12:22 PM 05-12-2022
Originally Posted by :
Scouting grades: Fastball: 55 | Curveball: 55 | Slider: 45 | Changeup: 50 | Control: 50 | Overall: 45

Heasley fell to the 13th round in the 2018 Draft after posting a 6.98 ERA in 15 starts at Oklahoma State, but the Royals saw something in the right-hander and went above slot to sign him. He’s steadily improved in stuff, pitchability and presence since he became a Royal. His 3.33 ERA across 105 1/3 innings in Double-A last year earned him a jump to the Majors, where he impressed in three starts.

Heasley’s velocity keeps ticking up since he became a pro; he can dial his fastball to 97-99 in short bursts and was averaging 94 mph in the Majors as a starter. He has four pitches, and his best secondary pitch is his above-average, 12-6 curveball. He didn’t throw his slider as much in the Majors, but it should be a solid offering for him moving forward. And he rounds out his arsenal with an effective changeup that he can use on both sides of the plate. Heasley has a repeatable delivery and walked just 34 batters in Double-A with 120 strikeouts, although he faced tougher hitters in the bigs and lost a feel for fastball command at times.

Heasley gets high marks for his ability to field his position and control the running game, boasting one of the best pick-off moves in the organization. He received praise for how he handled the jump from Double-A to the Majors last year, and his competitiveness and talent will see him help the starting group this year and even compete for a spot in the Opening Day rotation.
[Reply]
louie aguiar 12:51 PM 05-12-2022
In former Royals prospect news... In 2017 the Royals acquired Trevor Cahill, Brandon Maurer, and Ryan Buchter for Matt Strahm and an 18-year-old prospect named Esteury Ruiz. This was a disaster of a trade as the Padres sent us three crappy pitchers for Matt Strahm who turned into a pretty good reliever for the Padres. Ruiz was essentially a throw-in lottery ticket in the deal. He's now in double-A and is looking like a pretty nice center field prospect. He's hitting .314/.489/.562 and has stolen 19 bases for the Padres AA team.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 01:23 PM 05-12-2022
Originally Posted by louie aguiar:
In former Royals prospect news... In 2017 the Royals acquired Trevor Cahill, Brandon Maurer, and Ryan Buchter for Matt Strahm and an 18-year-old prospect named Esteury Ruiz. This was a disaster of a trade as the Padres sent us three crappy pitchers for Matt Strahm who turned into a pretty good reliever for the Padres. Ruiz was essentially a throw-in lottery ticket in the deal. He's now in double-A and is looking like a pretty nice center field prospect. He's hitting .314/.489/.562 and has stolen 19 bases for the Padres AA team.
If Cahill would have put up his numbers he was in San Diego or what the next season in Oakland and it would have been fine deadline trade. That was another move chasing after Ventura's death.
[Reply]
gblowfish 02:48 PM 05-12-2022
Was listening to 610 this afternoon. They put out a stat about Merrifield over the last three or four years. When he scores one run in a game, the Royals win like 66% of the time. When he does not score in a game, they lose like 70% of the time. So how it goes depends on how Merrifield goes.

Tonight Merrifield moved from 8th to lead off. O'Hearn moved to the bench. BooBitch put on a bus to Omaha. Baby steps...
[Reply]
Page 77 of 469
« First < 27677374757677 7879808187127177 > Last »
Up