ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 191 of 192
« First < 91141181187188189190191 192 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>2024 WR Class
Couch-Potato 08:45 PM 10-10-2023
Some interesting WRs in the upcoming class, who do you like?

1st - 2nd RD WR Targets:

Keon Coleman, FSU, 6-4, 215, 4.6
Emeka Egbuka, OH ST, 6-1, 205, 4.3
Adonai Mitchell, TX, 6-4, 195, 4.5
Troy Franklin, ORG, 6-3, 185, 4.41
Xavier Legette, SC, 6-1, 225, 4.29
Brian Thomas, LSU, 6-4, 205, 4.35
Xavier Worthy, TX, 6-1, 175, 4.22
Ja'Lynn Polk, WAS, 6-2, 205, 4.48
Johnny Wilson, FSU, 6-7, 235, 4.42
Branden Rice, USC, 6-3, 210, 4.38
Malachi Corley, WKU, 5-11, 200, 4.46
Jermain Burton, BAMA, 6-0, 195, 4.31

*This entire class is tall WTF?
[Reply]
RunKC 10:36 AM 04-30-2024
After the Kelce contract redo I don’t think that they will bring back Hollywood. But that’s okay.

Get a guy with your extra 3rd next year. Jalen Hyatt, Tez Walker, Troy Franklin, Jermaine Burton etc to be WR3. Those guys will be there

Oh and fuck the Bengals. I hate that they got Burton. He’s gonna make them forget all about Tyler Boyd
[Reply]
RunKC 10:40 AM 04-30-2024
Yeah Troy Franklin had a terrible combine from expectations. Came in a lot lighter than people thought he’d be, 40 was underwhelming considering people thought he’d be in the 4.3 range, his 10 yard split was terrible and he was by far the worst in the gauntlet drill.

There were rumors that he was a pot head too. Not saying that’s true. Also not trying to judge but he looks like a pot head lol
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 11:12 AM 04-30-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:
After the Kelce contract redo I don’t think that they will bring back Hollywood. But that’s okay.

Get a guy with your extra 3rd next year. Jalen Hyatt, Tez Walker, Troy Franklin, Jermaine Burton etc to be WR3. Those guys will be there

Oh and fuck the Bengals. I hate that they got Burton. He’s gonna make them forget all about Tyler Boyd
I don't think it affects that all at. We're talking about $2.5M. If they wanted to bring back Brown on a 3-year or 4-year deal, and Kelce retires after next year, Brown's biggest salary hits would be after Kelce's retirement...
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 08:58 PM 04-30-2024
Damn it.

Keon Coleman's going to be a ****ing star. I'm tellin ya!

If you haven't seen it yet, they made a youtube showcasing his first 24 hours with the Bills. His personality is already winning him lot's of fans in the league, he's... a character, but in an ingratiating way that makes you wanna root for the kid.

This kid HAS IT. Good for him. I'm happy with Worthy, but I have a gut feeling the negative metrics surrounding his game and all the naysayers disappear once he gets on the field.

Expect him to be mic'd up and appearing in a lot of interviews this year.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 10:15 PM 04-30-2024
X-Worthy got himself a Chiefs tattoo, hurray.

Quietly judging him already for this introverted response to Keon's instant stardom lol
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 10:21 PM 04-30-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Yeah Troy Franklin had a terrible combine from expectations. Came in a lot lighter than people thought he’d be, 40 was underwhelming considering people thought he’d be in the 4.3 range, his 10 yard split was terrible and he was by far the worst in the gauntlet drill.

There were rumors that he was a pot head too. Not saying that’s true. Also not trying to judge but he looks like a pot head lol
That's the kind of moneyball player that ends up being a hell of a value pick though, I'm still a fan.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 06:34 AM 05-03-2024
I know it won't happen, but I would love anyone to replace Moore on this roster.

I would rather have midget Phillip Brooks playing WR than Skyy Moore.

I have never disliked a Chiefs player more than I dislike Moore and Toney. I didn't even dislike Williams Bartee or Philip Gaines this much.

In fact, I didn't even dislike Ben Niemann this much. And I hated the fact that Ben Niemann was anything other than a special teamer.
[Reply]
louie aguiar 07:14 AM 05-03-2024
Maybe Nikko Remigio can take Moore’s spot. I thought he flashed a couple times in preseason last year.
[Reply]
Jerm 08:36 AM 05-03-2024
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
Damn it.

Keon Coleman's going to be a ****ing star. I'm tellin ya!

If you haven't seen it yet, they made a youtube showcasing his first 24 hours with the Bills. His personality is already winning him lot's of fans in the league, he's... a character, but in an ingratiating way that makes you wanna root for the kid.

This kid HAS IT. Good for him. I'm happy with Worthy, but I have a gut feeling the negative metrics surrounding his game and all the naysayers disappear once he gets on the field.

Expect him to be mic'd up and appearing in a lot of interviews this year.
Yes he's going to be a star based off of cornball antics on social media and jokes...sure.

We'll see how long that goodwill lasts once he can't get open and gets outran by LBs in the league...
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 12:25 PM 05-10-2024
"Matt Bowen, NFL analyst: Bills wide receiver Keon Coleman will lead all rookies in touchdown receptions this season. With quarterback Josh Allen's aggressive throwing mentality, Coleman will get opportunities on vertical concepts and inside the red zone. Coleman has the frame (6-foot-3, 213 pounds), plus the playmaking ball skills to cash in here."

I tend to agree, but it's just a hunch.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 01:48 PM 05-10-2024
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
"Matt Bowen, NFL analyst: Bills wide receiver Keon Coleman will lead all rookies in touchdown receptions this season. With quarterback Josh Allen's aggressive throwing mentality, Coleman will get opportunities on vertical concepts and inside the red zone. Coleman has the frame (6-foot-3, 213 pounds), plus the playmaking ball skills to cash in here."

I tend to agree, but it's just a hunch.
I tend to disagree.

I am suspicious of a guy with such a high rate of contested catches throughout his career (it was 1/4 of all targets) and also such a shitty conversion rate (he converted about 40 percent of his contested catch situations against Big 10 and ACC corners. NFL corners gonna shut that shit down).

I think he's going to be massively disappointing and Allen is going to throw picks trying to squeeze it into him, then eventually give up and give those targets to Shakir and Kincaid instead (guys who can actually separate and get open).
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:59 PM 05-10-2024
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I tend to disagree.

I am suspicious of a guy with such a high rate of contested catches throughout his career (it was 1/4 of all targets) and also such a shitty conversion rate (he converted about 40 percent of his contested catch situations against Big 10 and ACC corners. NFL corners gonna shut that shit down).

I think he's going to be massively disappointing and Allen is going to throw picks trying to squeeze it into him, then eventually give up and give those targets to Shakir and Kincaid instead (guys who can actually separate and get open).
I still think Allen's the exact wrong style of QB for someone like him.

Precise passers can be underneath guys; dink and dunk sorts because the low reward is offset by low risk. But guys with the erratic ball placement that Allen demonstrates on occasion need to be pushing the ball downfield more.

If Allen's gonna miss, at least miss downfield where your guy can maybe adjust and a turnover at least acts like a mediocre punt. But if you're missing close, there's little your guy can do, he's probably gonna get blasted and an interception can go the other way. Moreover, if you DON'T miss, you gain 7 yards and have to do it all over again the next play.

There's this sentiment among fans (and some teams) that inaccurate passers should work short and I just don't agree. If you're not super accurate - be Eli Manning. Short passing games should be reserved for guys like Alex Smith who have good timing/precision but lack aggression and arm strength. For Bo Nix.

And Coleman's a guy who's going to work best in a shorter passing system, IMO.

It's just a bad QB/WR/System fit, IMO.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 02:13 PM 05-10-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

Precise passers can be underneath guys; dink and dunk sorts because the low reward is offset by low risk. But guys with the erratic ball placement that Allen demonstrates on occasion need to be pushing the ball downfield more.

If Allen's gonna miss, at least miss downfield where your guy can maybe adjust and a turnover at least acts like a mediocre punt. But if you're missing close, there's little your guy can do, he's probably gonna get blasted and an interception can go the other way. Moreover, if you DON'T miss, you gain 7 yards and have to do it all over again the next play.

There's this sentiment among fans (and some teams) that inaccurate passers should work short and I just don't agree. If you're not super accurate - be Eli Manning. Short passing games should be reserved for guys like Alex Smith who have good timing/precision but lack aggression and arm strength. For Bo Nix.

Yeah, if Allen is working short it needs to be to a guy who can create great separation (Shakir seems good at that, and Kincaid is good at that) or someone who is just a dump off (the Dallas Knox special).
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 02:47 PM 05-10-2024
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I tend to disagree.

Well, lol, that certainly wouldn't disappoint this Chiefs fan either!
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 02:49 PM 05-10-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

Man, saw some Alex Smith highlights the other day and he looked sharp out there! Tuckin and runnin after the play action etc... Was good to see him get some love!
[Reply]
Page 191 of 192
« First < 91141181187188189190191 192 >
Up