ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 29 of 73
« First < 192526272829 3031323339 > Last »
Hall of Classics>I’m leaving forever.
patteeu 10:46 PM 04-28-2021
Originally Posted by :
Mod note: Here is the follow-up to this thread.
Seriously, I am.

I know what you’re thinking. Maybe I got annoyed by something someone said. Maybe after two Super Bowls in a row I’m satiated on the Chiefs. Maybe I’m going to prison, or joining Dick Cheney on a barnstorming tour, or maybe the antifreeze actually wasn’t a good idea and I died.

The fun of a farewell forever thread is not in knowing the reason. It’s in not knowing, and the mystery behind the disappearance. MrBlond is legendary not because he was here or because he left, but rather because of how he departed. He was DB Cooper jumping out of the Chiefsplanet plane and disappearing into the night, and with that act he became immortal.

It is now my time to parachute from the plane, and I can assure you that I will not return. It would be enjoyable to become an unsolved Chiefsplanet mystery in the process, but I can’t do that to you. It’s cruel enough that you will no longer get to read my thoughtful prose and learn from my wisdom. I can’t allow you to speculate forever about what became of me, and to always wonder if that guy with the fake glasses and mustache sitting next to you at the game is me.

So I’ve instructed one Chiefsplanet member to reveal the mystery. If this thread ever reaches 1,000 posts, that person will share the reason. But until then, you will have only my boarding pass, a flight attendant’s vague description, and 110,871 posts to remember me by.

Farewell, Chiefsplanet!

(Sound of wind rushing past an open passenger cabin door.)

[Reply]
Donger 10:10 AM 04-30-2021
Originally Posted by Katipan:
Where are the picts of hot golfing dudes?
I don't think the Picts play/ed golf. So, no.
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:10 AM 04-30-2021
Where are the picts of hot golfing dudes?
Do you prefer younger guys or older gentlemen?

[Reply]
Katipan 10:11 AM 04-30-2021
... I think I prefer Paige.
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 10:11 AM 04-30-2021
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
We're making progress, Paige after Paige.
If everyone guesses why he left we would make it. Here, let me start. I guess Pat left because there were more meaningful things he wanted to do with his time after looking that he had 100k + posts.
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:14 AM 04-30-2021
Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY:
If everyone guesses why he left we would make it. Here, let me start. I guess Pat left because there were more meaningful things he wanted to do with his time after looking that he had 100k + posts.
One could theorize that he was here killing time until his pizza arrived, and it was a really slow delivery service.
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:14 AM 04-30-2021
... I think I prefer Paige.
Now we're talking.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:17 AM 04-30-2021
Originally Posted by SuperBowl4:
I always thought patteeu was too legit to quit. 110,871 posts and he throws in the towel? What drives a man to the breaking point of no return? :-)
Vegan Beer?
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 10:18 AM 04-30-2021
Has this piece of shit left yet?
[Reply]
ptlyon 10:20 AM 04-30-2021
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
One could theorize that he was here killing time until his pizza arrived, and it was a really slow delivery service.
Had a coworker that when he went to college would order domino's pizza back when their promise was it was delivered in 30 minutes or it was free. They would order when the train would come through, they lived on the other side of the tracks. They got free pizzas all the time. One time the driver cried and said "You're going to make me lose my job".

True story.
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:22 AM 04-30-2021
Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY:
I would guess someone would need another reason on top of that though... ENDelt comes to mind as someone who posted 25+ times/day and then pretty much quit cold turkey, but I believe he finished college and got married (IIRC).

I don't think someone hangs out for 20 years before finally realizing it's a giant time waster (I'm sure he's known that for a while, heh) without having something more meaningful to do with that time.... but, could be wrong.

I've taken breaks, but haven't ever really thought I'd be gone forever... not that thinking that means it'll actually happen, of course.
[Reply]
Renegade 10:23 AM 04-30-2021
Speaking of Paige, she is involved in one of most memorable days

2019 Legends of golf at Big Cedar Top of the Rocks, celebrity shoot out. I was in charge of walking around VIP's from mastercard around inside the ropes. I had to make sure they had access to everything and were treated special.

My grouping was
Gary Player-I actually ended up carrying his bag for awhile because his caddy (grandson) was having a medical issue with his blood sugar
Justin Timberlake (wife Jessica Biel was along)
Paige Spiranac

I will say it was really difficult to focus on any golf with Jessica and Paige in the group.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:24 AM 04-30-2021
Originally Posted by mlyonsd:
Does pat even golf?

Not that it matters because I agree with this post.
Everyone approves of Paige playing golf. I'm sure he would approve.

[Reply]
Bugeater 10:24 AM 04-30-2021
You can pick your friends
[Reply]
Bugeater 10:25 AM 04-30-2021
And you can pick your nose
[Reply]
Bugeater 10:25 AM 04-30-2021
But you can't pick your friends' nose
[Reply]
Page 29 of 73
« First < 192526272829 3031323339 > Last »