ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 315 of 435
« First < 215265305311312313314315 316317318319325365415 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark fucking sucks
RealSNR 02:33 PM 09-15-2019
Guy has done NOTHING in two games. Barely any pressures to speak of against trash OTs.

Yeah, I'm in bitchy gameday mode. Don't care. I'm tired of paying out the ass for defensive players who don't make plays.

At least Justin Houston could dominate against bad teams after we paid him.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 07:58 PM 10-04-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
PFR AV 14
Travis Kelce -- PFR AV: 13

Tell me more about the value of AV.

It's orders of magnitude more useless than anything PFF has ever crapped out.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:00 PM 10-04-2021
I mean I'm not saying it's completely accurate, dead on.

But there's plenty of evidence he was not a "bad" football player last year.

Anyway, YMMV. He certainly showed up more than DT in the postseason, that's for sure.
[Reply]
New World Order 08:03 PM 10-04-2021
Was he bad last year? Prob not.

Did he live up to his contract last year? Obv not
[Reply]
Bump 08:03 PM 10-04-2021
Originally Posted by stevieray:
That whole playoff run for me.

Plus he has legal troubles. Game is mostly mental. His head and heart are somewhere else, IMO.

:-)
ya the entire playoffs/superbowl he played a big role. Didn't he close out every game with a sack? That shit was legendary. But obviously he isn't doing enough to keep him whenever it makes sense to cut him, you just have to. I'm not sure when that is, but you know it's gotta happen.
[Reply]
-King- 08:05 PM 10-04-2021
Bad football players don't get 6 sacks and 8 TFL and 15 QB hits...

Not like I'm calling him elite.

You just refuse to move.

Like Clark against the Titans in the AFCCG... :-)
I'd be willing to bet at 4 or 5 of them were coverage sacks or something of the sort. Good on Clark for getting them but I've never seen any player fall into sacks more.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:06 PM 10-04-2021
Bad football players don't get 6 sacks and 8 TFL and 15 QB hits...

Not like I'm calling him elite.

You just refuse to move.

Like Clark against the Titans in the AFCCG... :-)
Let's disregard the 14 sack season - In 2002 Eric Hicks had 9 sacks and 9 TFL.

Benson Mayowa had 6 sacks and 7 TFL last season and is playing for $2.25 million this year and he didn't have Chris Jones drawing attention.

But please - continue....
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:11 PM 10-04-2021
Nope. Your choice to be a fan.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:12 PM 10-04-2021
Nope. Your choice to be a fan.

[Reply]
RealSNR 09:07 PM 10-04-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
And again - if every post about Frank Clark requires some sort of qualifier about the Super Bowl, why don’t we extend Dan Sorensen the same courtesy? Or Austin Reiter? Or K-Pass? Where’s’ “sure Mecole screwed up again but man that kick return changed EVERYTHING!”

Why do people bend over backwards for this guy? Why do I have to put an asterisk by any criticism of him?

Why does Frank Clark get a pass for a championship that required incredible moments and performances from a couple dozen other guys who get nowhere near that kind of latitude?

Tell me more about how you don’t make excuses for him…

He’s not even Christian Colon or Drew Butera,

He’s the corpse that was Omar Infante’s contract in 2015
[Reply]
Molitoth 06:30 AM 10-05-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
And again - if every post about Frank Clark requires some sort of qualifier about the Super Bowl, why don’t we extend Dan Sorensen the same courtesy? Or Austin Reiter? Or K-Pass? Where’s’ “sure Mecole screwed up again but man that kick return changed EVERYTHING!”

Why do people bend over backwards for this guy? Why do I have to put an asterisk by any criticism of him?

Why does Frank Clark get a pass for a championship that required incredible moments and performances from a couple dozen other guys who get nowhere near that kind of latitude?

Tell me more about how you don’t make excuses for him…
Damn, what a rational way to look at the situation.
Nice post. :-)
[Reply]
crayzkirk 06:47 AM 10-05-2021
I have to agree that he is probably somewhere else right now mentally. Physically, he was injured when we bought him and he seems to have injury issues. It seems like a position that's pretty hard on the body.

Regardless of his past success, the NFL stands for Not For Long when you aren't producing.

The fact that he's not available hurts the most. It's like buying a used car that runs great the first year, breaks down and never runs like it did when you bought it again. Plus you still have three years of payments to make.

I really hope that this helps them to see why giving big contracts to defensive players usually ends up being a bad deal for the team in the long run.

Either way, it is what it is. He's not the only reason the defense is looking bad. A lot of people aren't earning their pay out there.
[Reply]
suzzer99 08:37 AM 10-05-2021
Clark doesn't get a pass, Veech does because Clark helped us win our first SB in 50 years.

I think everyone here admits Clark sucks now.
[Reply]
Hoover 08:43 AM 10-05-2021
I think the Chiefs are better when Frank Clark plays.

I don't like the contract either, but when he's not out there there is a lack of talent.

He needs to go after this year, but damn we need to get something, anything out of him this season.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:57 AM 10-05-2021
Originally Posted by Hoover:

I don't like the contract either, but when he's not out there there is a lack of talent.

He needs to go after this year, but damn we need to get something, anything out of him this season.
DJ nailed it.

If he can set the edge while Danna provides pass rush we get a little better.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:12 AM 10-05-2021
Originally Posted by Hoover:

When he IS in there he does nothing to demonstrably alter the talent level of the DL.

But you're right in one respect - when he's not out there there is definitely a lack of bodies. We're just too damn thin without him and we're asking more of Danna and Wharton than we have right to ask. Hell, we're asking more of Jones than we can reasonably expect him to provide.

I'm just really confused. I do not understand for one minute how the organization thought they could roll Jones, Clark, Okafor, Danna and Kaindoh out there and call the DE position set.

They knew Clark had injury issues (and that he fucking sucks) and that Okafor hasn't been consistently healthy or productive in his first two seasons on the squad. They knew that Kaindoh is raw as hell and not ready for prime time. They knew that Jones was an experiment and that Danna was a relatively undersized player for an end (who still doesn't really have much in the way of pass-rush technique).

I don't get it. How did they think this was going to go?

I understand that they had limited resources and did the best they could with what they had available, but it seems like the DE position was just an afterthought for them all off-season. That's bizarre as hell to me. I mean if you're not going to address DE, go sign Reddick and Ingram and roll with a {gag} base 3-4.

How could this plan have ever worked?
[Reply]
Page 315 of 435
« First < 215265305311312313314315 316317318319325365415 > Last »
Up