ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 293 of 435
« First < 193243283289290291292293 294295296297303343393 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark fucking sucks
RealSNR 02:33 PM 09-15-2019
Guy has done NOTHING in two games. Barely any pressures to speak of against trash OTs.

Yeah, I'm in bitchy gameday mode. Don't care. I'm tired of paying out the ass for defensive players who don't make plays.

At least Justin Houston could dominate against bad teams after we paid him.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:29 AM 02-04-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
I fully agree. He should have taken that pay cut. Bet he regrets it now.
I’m not sure he would fit in with this defense. Schematically? Yes. But I could see him and Mathieu butting heads. Clark and Mathieu fit perfectly together.
[Reply]
Hoover 11:35 AM 02-04-2021
I'll be honest, I haven't missed Justin Houston once since he left. I like the guy, but this defensive unit is 10x what we had in 2018. I mean its not even close.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 11:44 AM 02-04-2021
Why do people never talk about his 2 sacks in the Indy game? He delivered then and then had a bad game the next week. Clark had a bad game against the Browns and then delivered against the Bills.
It's about opportunity.

Had we had a Dee Ford situation against the Browns and got knocked out of contention, Clark would never have had the opportunity to come back and have a monster game the next week against the Bills.

If Dee Ford lines up correctly or our trash DBs were able to make any one of three stops on 3rd and long, who knows what Houston would have done in the Super Bowl against the Rams? In our matchup against them earlier in the year, Houston had 2 sacks, one of which went for what should have been the game-winning TD late in the 4th quarter.

Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Hey guys....Tyreek Hill’s stats aren’t that impressive. I mean he plays on a team with a high powered offense and a future HOF at QB. That how that works?
Tyreek put up elite numbers, which is always impressive.

But trying to compare in a vacuum is bullshit because football isn't played in a vacuum. Do you not agree that Hill putting up this exact same stat line with Gardner Minshew throwing to him as opposed to Patrick Mahomes would have been more impressive?
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:13 PM 02-04-2021
Why do people never talk about his 2 sacks in the Indy game? He delivered then and then had a bad game the next week. Clark had a bad game against the Browns and then delivered against the Bills.
Is that true? I don't remember him having a bad game at all. The Browns are a running team and stopping the run was paramount. While we didn't fully shut them down, we did pretty well stopping the run.
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:23 PM 02-04-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Is that true? I don't remember him having a bad game at all. The Browns are a running team and stopping the run was paramount. While we didn't fully shut them down, we did pretty well stopping the run.
No it’s not true.
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 03:56 PM 02-04-2021
Why do people want to take Houston's one exception to the general rule that he disappears in the playoffs and compare that against Frank Clark's one exception to the general rule that he shows up big in big games?

EDIT: and the "one" Clark example is a weak one at best.....he actually played well in the Browns game
[Reply]
ModSocks 04:03 PM 02-04-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Is that true? I don't remember him having a bad game at all.
Frank Clark doesn't have bad games. He doesn't usually have big splashy games either. But i can't recall ever saying to myself, "damn that was a bad game by Clark".
[Reply]
-King- 04:23 PM 02-04-2021
Originally Posted by mililo4cpa:
Why do people want to take Houston's one exception to the general rule that he disappears in the playoffs and compare that against Frank Clark's one exception to the general rule that he shows up big in big games?

EDIT: and the "one" Clark example is a weak one at best.....he actually played well in the Browns game
Houston had had 1 bad game in his last 5 playoff games.
[Reply]
ChiefAshhole1056 04:30 PM 02-04-2021
You absolutely have to put into perspective the value his locker room presence provides. Their stats are close enough to be considered a toss-up but given Clark’s youth and overall leadership qualities, there really isn’t much discussion to be had.

The Houston/Berry defense was talented but the mentality simply wasn’t SB caliber. Now it is, and Clark is a big reason for it.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:33 PM 02-04-2021
Historical allegory for Clark:

Cowboys defense was light years better when he arrived. Wrecked shit in the playoffs. Three rings.

Cowboys traded a 2nd and 3rd to get him, and he also signed a 3-year, $12 million contract in 1995 (this was back when QBs like Troy Aikman were making less than $10 million a year).

Haley had TEN SACKS in his first two years in Dallas. TOTAL.

Regular season stats are for losers.
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:39 PM 02-04-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefAshhole1056:
You absolutely have to put into perspective the value his locker room presence provides. Their stats are close enough to be considered a toss-up but given Clark’s youth and overall leadership qualities, there really isn’t much discussion to be had.

The Houston/Berry defense was talented but the mentality simply wasn’t SB caliber. Now it is, and Clark is a big reason for it.
This
[Reply]
-King- 05:00 PM 02-04-2021

We lost multiple playoff games in which we allowed less than 20 points. Berry and Houston's defenses weren't the problems :-)
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:33 PM 02-04-2021
I agree. But Houston had 3 sacks in his last 3 playoff games with us. That doesn't count for anything? He had 1 bad game in his last 4 playoff opportunities with us.
I don't know. Were they all coverage sacks? Apparently that makes all the difference.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 05:59 PM 02-04-2021

Clark and Honey Badger def brought a much needed attitude change when they were brought here. Ford was soft, horrible against the run and cost us a SB appearance w that stupid penalty. I understand why Chiefs moved on.

That said, Clark is nothing special and his contract pays him like he is. He is good against the run and a solid overall but he doesn't do anything great. You can say stats don't tell the whole story which is true but what is he doing that is so great that stats don't show? Maybe I'm missing something but I don't see it.

If Chiefs released him tomorrow you think another team would sign him to contract we did? Come on..

He's just not worth his contract. Plain and simple. You could argue 'hey we are winning with him so he is worth it!' Sign another guy half his price to show up just in the playoffs and trash talk we would still be winning. He's a role played being paid like a superstar.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 10:55 PM 02-04-2021
Frank Clark is a stud. His intangibles as a tone setter and leader go much unnoticed. HB, Stone Cold, and The Shark are always in the oppositions' heads.
[Reply]
Page 293 of 435
« First < 193243283289290291292293 294295296297303343393 > Last »
Up