ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 271 of 435
« First < 171221261267268269270271 272273274275281321371 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark fucking sucks
RealSNR 02:33 PM 09-15-2019
Guy has done NOTHING in two games. Barely any pressures to speak of against trash OTs.

Yeah, I'm in bitchy gameday mode. Don't care. I'm tired of paying out the ass for defensive players who don't make plays.

At least Justin Houston could dominate against bad teams after we paid him.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:47 PM 12-27-2020
Frank legitimately saved our dicks on that one because Ward was absolutely cooked.

The sack Clark notched earlier in the game definitely was a coverage sack, though.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 08:08 PM 12-27-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Actually, no he isn't. 2018 proved quite clearly that the Chiefs could play well enough to get into the playoffs without a defense at all.

Clark and Mathieu et al, were obviously brought in to get the Chiefs past the playoffs and into the Super Bowl.

Which is part of the reason that I don't give a damn how many sacks Clark (or Jones for that matter) get in the regular season. We had guys that could get plenty of sacks in the regular season, which quite clearly meant dicksnot in the playoffs. Apparently opposing teams didn't give a rat's ass how many sacks our DL got during the regular season for some weird reason.

Imagine that.

Another side note: Frank made several plays tonight that won't be tallied in any stat-line that made a difference if anyone was paying attention, such as the play he made on one of their attempted screens that he shut down before it ever got started, or the fact that ATL didn't run for shit to his side when he was one the field. Actually, you can go back and watch; they really didn't even try to run at him all game. He also forced Ryan to alter his throw a couple times, which resulted in poorly aimed/timed passes.

It's called having a complete game.
Right, but those things are difficult to understand. When we see a sack, that means happy!
[Reply]
staylor26 08:10 PM 12-27-2020
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Frank legitimately saved our dicks on that one because Ward was absolutely cooked.

The sack Clark notched earlier in the game definitely was a coverage sack, though.
So does it not count?

Why do we only do this with Clark? Have those of you that have been sucking Houston’s dick in this thread gone back and taken away all his coverage sacks?
[Reply]
Megatron96 08:13 PM 12-27-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Right, but those things are difficult to understand. When we see a sack, that means happy!
Heh.

I'll admit, on a very basic level, I get it.

I love watching Chiefs defenders get sacks, just like everyone else. I literally jump out of my chair every time we get one, no lie. Scho and eDave can vouch for that.

But I finally figured out that the stat line of 'sack totals' is not a reliable indicator of anything meaningful. It's like pointing at "total defensive ranking.' Might as well trot out "shit stinks.' Thanks, but not terribly helpful or descriptive.

If we went by sacks, then Dee Ford and Justin Houston are among the best DLs in football.
[Reply]
Megatron96 08:16 PM 12-27-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
So does it not count?

Why do we only do this with Clark? Have those of you that have been sucking Houston’s dick in this thread go back and take away all his coverage sacks?
"bECaUSe hE GEtS pAId A bIlLIOn DOLlArS/wEeQ!"

And he's not Chris Jones. And we like Crhis Jones because he invented SackNation. Or some shit.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 08:22 PM 12-27-2020
Originally Posted by dannybcaitlyn:
Just needed to do that Derrick Thomas arm chop to cause the fumble.
Yep, you would think by now when you see the ball in that vulnerable state and not even close to being launched you are going after the ball with your right arm while tackling with your left arm and body.
[Reply]
DTVietnam 08:23 PM 12-27-2020

[Reply]
-King- 08:29 PM 12-27-2020
Heh.

I'll admit, on a very basic level, I get it.

I love watching Chiefs defenders get sacks, just like everyone else. I literally jump out of my chair every time we get one, no lie. Scho and eDave can vouch for that.

But I finally figured out that the stat line of 'sack totals' is not a reliable indicator of anything meaningful. It's like pointing at "total defensive ranking.' Might as well trot out "shit stinks.' Thanks, but not terribly helpful or descriptive.

If we went by sacks, then Dee Ford and Justin Houston are among the best DLs in football.
Sacks only don't matter when a players not getting them. It's no coincidence everyone talks about his 5 sacks in the playoff and talks about how effective he was then. Even he himself said sacks are what he cares about and what feed his family.
[Reply]
DTVietnam 08:32 PM 12-27-2020
Originally Posted by -King-:
Sacks only don't matter when a players not getting them. It's no coincidence everyone talks about his 5 sacks in the playoff and talks about how effective he was then. Even he himself said sacks are what he cares about and what feed his family.
i think its the timing of the sacks. . .

in the playoffs and superbowl they were big moment sacks..even today those back to back sacks were huge ..

and that almost sack incomplete pass was huge timing wise
[Reply]
Megatron96 08:33 PM 12-27-2020
If they mattered that much, then you'd give him credit for all of them, regardless of whether they were "coverage" sacks, or if they were even officially tallied.

But since it's Frank, they only count under certain circumstances. And usually not to his credit. Like he gets only partial credit.

So basically your criteria for when they matter is merely so much BS.

But thanks for playing.
[Reply]
louie aguiar 08:34 PM 12-27-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Respect. Could have been a game-losing TD.

Pretty amazing that Ryan held onto that ball.
[Reply]
-King- 08:38 PM 12-27-2020
Originally Posted by DTVietnam:
i think its the timing of the sacks. . .

in the playoffs and superbowl they were big moment sacks..even today those back to back sacks were huge ..

and that almost sack incomplete pass was huge timing wise
I mean yeah. I'd rather have timely sacks than not. But once you get into that you get into is he not trying as hard as other players now and will only start in the playoffs? It makes no sense.

I mean if that's the case then of course I'll take it because if you're going to show up either the regular season or the playoffs, playoffs is much more important. But it shouldn't even come down to that. It's not like Kelce, or Hill, or Mahomes is saving his good play for the playoffs. It's just the weirdest thing that Clark gets that excuse.
[Reply]
DTVietnam 08:39 PM 12-27-2020
Originally Posted by louie aguiar:
Pretty amazing that Ryan held onto that ball.
Frank is a wrap up sacker..he doesnt have that arm swipe that DT had
[Reply]
DTVietnam 08:40 PM 12-27-2020
I mean yeah. I'd rather have timely sacks than not. But once you get into that you get into is he not trying as hard as other players now and will only start in the playoffs? It makes no sense.

I mean if that's the case then of course I'll take it because if you're going to show up either the regular season or the playoffs, playoffs is much more important. But it shouldn't even come down to that. It's not like Kelce, or Hill, or Mahomes is saving his good play for the playoffs. It's just the weirdest thing that Clark gets that excuse.
Aside from play on the field its his attitude. . him and The Landlord have really made this a tough defense. .their "Championship swagger" is contagious

Frank gets into peoples heads..

this team doesnt seemed focused on personal stats..they play for each other..and thats why we win

Mahomes said Championship swagger twice in todays postgame presser:

[Reply]
-King- 08:43 PM 12-27-2020
If they mattered that much, then you'd give him credit for all of them, regardless of whether they were "coverage" sacks, or if they were even officially tallied.

But since it's Frank, they only count under certain circumstances. And usually not to his credit. Like he gets only partial credit.

So basically your criteria for when they matter is merely so much BS.

But thanks for playing.
He is credited with them. But I credit him with that pass rush at the end much more than what he did on the sack. Because that was pure skill and talent he used on that rush whereas on the sack he was unblocked on a 5 second play. Even you could have made that sack. I know you can tell the difference between the two. But yeah, he still gets to tally that sack on his stat sheet.
[Reply]
Page 271 of 435
« First < 171221261267268269270271 272273274275281321371 > Last »
Up