ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 207 of 286
« First < 107157197203204205206207 208209210211217257 > Last »
Media Center>*The NEW Movies Thread*
Bowser 11:09 AM 01-04-2014
Old one is crapping out the server, per the new guidelines.

Browse the old thread that is chock full of goodness here -

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245
[Reply]
FAX 07:55 PM 03-19-2019
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
Ive been on the fence about watching this. I'm definitely watching it soon.
I recommend it, Mr. SAUTO - and I'd be interested in your opinion.

Movies in that genre generally don't reel me in (so to speak). Either I don't watch them at all, or I leave the theatre sort of uninspired.

It kinda reminded me of that movie with the three NASA girls who launched John Glenn's white ass into orbit ... whatever that was called.

This was better, though. Because the supporting characters were much stronger. (IMO, of course.)

FAX
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:41 PM 03-19-2019
Into the Spiderverse was fucking awesome. So unique.
[Reply]
vailpass 09:53 PM 03-19-2019
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Into the Spiderverse was ****ing awesome. So unique.
Have you seen Greenbook? Would be curious to hear your take and yeah, I know how that sounds.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:56 AM 03-20-2019
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Have you seen Greenbook? Would be curious to hear your take and yeah, I know how that sounds.

I had actually never even heard of it until you guys just mentioned it.

Looks like the reverse version of Driving Miss Daisy? I always like that one. Plus, Mahershala Ali and Viggo Mortenson? Can’t go wrong there.

I’ll let you know when I watch it but I can’t imagine I wouldn’t like it.
[Reply]
vailpass 01:57 PM 03-20-2019
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I had actually never even heard of it until you guys just mentioned it.

Looks like the reverse version of Driving Miss Daisy? I always like that one. Plus, Mahershala Ali and Viggo Mortenson? Can’t go wrong there.

I’ll let you know when I watch it but I can’t imagine I wouldn’t like it.
That's the comparison I'm hearing along with Green Mile. With the "Magic Negro" connotation. And yeah, Ali is a serious talent.
Will be interested to hear your thoughts.
[Reply]
FAX 02:42 PM 03-20-2019
After thinking about it for awhile, I've come to the conclusion that it's more of a buddy movie than anything. Genre-wise. It's different though ... mainly because there's just a lot of subtext and mini-arcs throughout. Again, IMPO.

Very fine film. Since I can easily forget bad films, any movie that I find myself thinking about for days after gets a pretty high rating from me.

FAX
[Reply]
Buehler445 03:26 PM 03-20-2019
Originally Posted by FAX:
After thinking about it for awhile, I've come to the conclusion that it's more of a buddy movie than anything. Genre-wise. It's different though ... mainly because there's just a lot of subtext and mini-arcs throughout. Again, IMPO.

Very fine film. Since I can easily forget bad films, any movie that I find myself thinking about for days after gets a pretty high rating from me.

FAX
That’s the vibe I got from the trailer. Standard trope of 2 guys forced to be together and become buddies
[Reply]
FAX 03:36 PM 03-20-2019
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
That’s the vibe I got from the trailer. Standard trope of 2 guys forced to be together and become buddies
I wouldn't categorize it as standard, though.

That was definitely not the impression I had during the closing credits.

FAX
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 03:44 PM 03-20-2019
Thought this looks like it might be funny.

[Reply]
FAX 08:21 PM 03-21-2019
There has to be a movie in this somewhere.

Meanwhile in Russia...the 'male slapping championships' took place in Krasnoyarsk. The winner, Vasiliy Kamotskiy (left) took home 30,000 rubles (£350) ������pic.twitter.com/aXQkMkmbd6

— Danny Armstrong (@DannyWArmstrong) March 19, 2019

[Reply]
Frazod 09:22 PM 03-21-2019
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Just finished watching it. Excellent film. :-)
[Reply]
sully1983 06:00 PM 03-23-2019
I went to the theater and saw Dragged Across Concrete this weekend and was really impressed with it! Its from the director of Bone Tomahawk and Brawl in Cell Block 99 (both of which I really liked). Dragged Across Concrete features Mel Gibson and Vince Vaughn and both were great in it. Darkly funny and un PC thru out , it hits a lot of the right notes.

Just a warning tho, its insanely long (at 2 hours and 40 minutes) it could test a lot of movie goers patience . As for me , I wasn't bored one bit.

Highly recommend it esp if you dug the director's other two films . I think its available VOD too if you don't want to see it in theaters.
[Reply]
stumppy 11:21 AM 03-24-2019
Originally Posted by FAX:
There has to be a movie in this somewhere.

:-)

If there isn't there should be.
[Reply]
FAX 01:39 PM 03-24-2019
Originally Posted by stumppy:
:-)

If there isn't there should be.
I envision it as two, down-on-their-luck college friends who decide to enter the competition in order to pay off a gambling debt.

They then travel to Russia and are followed by the KGB who mistakenly believes they may be American spies. One of them falls in love with a female KGB officer assigned to their case who teaches him the finer points of open-hand slapping while introducing him to Soviet-style sex.

I haven't figured out the second act, yet.

FAX
[Reply]
Simply Red 02:05 PM 03-24-2019
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Watched Den of Thieves last night. A meathead's Heat where most of the cast was gassed out of their minds, but enjoyable enough.
you should watch Dragged Across Concrete.
[Reply]
Page 207 of 286
« First < 107157197203204205206207 208209210211217257 > Last »
Up