ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 59 of 107
« First < 9495556575859 6061626369 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Shooting at the parade
Otter 01:53 PM 02-14-2024

Just like #ChiefsKingdom has always been there for me and my family, we want to be there for them.❤️

The @Chiefs have launched #KCStrong, an emergency response fund supporting victims and their families, violence prevention and mental health services, and first responders.… pic.twitter.com/sYMnPgCWL0

— Patrick Mahomes II (@PatrickMahomes) February 16, 2024

Friendly mod reminder, this thread is about yesterday's shooting. Not about gun control, gun laws, politics, or anything of that nature. If you need everyone to know what's wrong in this world and how you'd fix it, grab your megaphone and soapbox and take it to DC, thanks.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 08:35 PM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by blake5676:
Did you know that it’s legal for kids under 18 to open carry in Missouri? And cops are handcuffed often in situations where they discover minors in possessions of guns in terms of charging them? It’s something that MANY cops that I know have a major issue with yet our legislators don’t try to help at all.

Not trying to make a political statement, but we certainly have SOME things that could be done to help at least somewhat.
So having a fully automatic inside a back pack is illegal, right?
[Reply]
Nirvana58 08:35 PM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by dabergtobirden:
not trying to get in huge internet fight, just asking - what's the argument for why we allow assault rifles/high capacity weapons or at least don't heavily regulate?

again not trying to start a fight. assume that's what these kids used. if they had handguns the collateral damage would be mitigated.
Dude if this isn't bait. There is so much wrong in that statement.

Seriously ask that question in DC and there is a lot of people that would be more than happy to elaborate.
[Reply]
Easy 6 08:35 PM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
These were the two posts. Sure. :-)
You're the one pounding that drum
[Reply]
ghak99 08:35 PM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by dabergtobirden:
not trying to get in huge internet fight, just asking - what's the argument for why we allow assault rifles/high capacity weapons or at least don't heavily regulate?

again not trying to start a fight. assume that's what these kids used. if they had handguns the collateral damage would be mitigated.
You'll have to take the first question to the DC thread.

I assume you don't realize pistols can have 50 round mags and be easily modified to be full auto. You're not mitigating any damage by limiting the tool to only pistols. One of the weapons pictured, assuming they were what was actually used, is actually a pistol by definition. The other may be as well, but it's hard to tell by the picture provided.
[Reply]
The Franchise 08:36 PM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by Chief Ten Beers:
You're the one pounding that drum
Totally not the yellow posts defending guns well before my posts.
[Reply]
Graystoke 08:36 PM 02-14-2024
Just catching up and didn’t read the whole thread. What did I miss?
[Reply]
Woogieman 08:36 PM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
What about the mass murderers who had fathers?
There will always be a small percent of deranged members of every society...every society has had a mass murderer or serial killer. We have no choice but to endure a certain level of derangement. What we do particularly poorly is actually encounter school children with clear signs of psychiatric issues...we push psychotropic drugs on them and hope they make it through the school year and become someone else's problem. Time and time again, there were clear signs of sociopathic behavior that go unadressed by overpaid paper-pushers.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 08:37 PM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by Graystoke:
Just catching up and didn’t read the whole thread. What did I miss?
First part - what happened
Second part - pretty much figure out its teen gang bangers who did it
Third part - gun control debate
[Reply]
dabergtobirden 08:37 PM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by ghak99:
You'll have to take the first question to the DC thread.

I assume you don't realize pistols can have 50 round mags and be easily modified to be full auto. You're not mitigating any damage by limiting the tool to only pistols. One of the weapons pictured, assuming they were what was actually used, is actually a pistol by definition. The other may be as well, but it's hard to tell by the picture provided.
thanks and fair enough - was honestly asking and will move discussion.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 08:38 PM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
This parade was shit before this. Complete different vibe from the previous two. I saw 3-4 fights, tons of pushing and shoving in crowds and people just acting plain stupid in front of and around kids. The last two really felt like celebrations. This felt like kids and adults were in the way of teens and twenties people getting to a rave. I’m only 34 and felt like I was at a multi school high school party. A lot of peacocking and just rude people.

Edit I see this threads already off the rails. Just dropping my .02
mid 60's in February brought out everybody. Most who are idiots won't brave the cold.
[Reply]
The Franchise 08:39 PM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by Woogieman:
There will always be a small percent of deranged members of every society...every society has had a mass murderer or serial killer. We have no choice but to endure a certain level of derangement. What we do particularly poorly is actually encounter school children with clear signs of psychiatric issues...we push psychotropic drugs on them and hope they make it through the school year and become someone else's problem. Time and time again, there were clear signs of sociopathic behavior that go unadressed by overpaid paper-pushers.
Maybe because there’s no actual viable mental health care that’s readily available to them.
[Reply]
blake5676 08:40 PM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
So having a fully automatic inside a back pack is illegal, right?
I’d imagine so. I’m not a legal expert but my wife knows a few things about the laws and legal stuff. I only used that law or lack thereof as an example bc it seemed as though many were saying there isn’t any common sense laws that could POSSIBLY be beneficial. Law enforcement actually really wants something done about this loophole or limitation, yet nothing can get moved forward due to opposition.
[Reply]
Coogs 08:47 PM 02-14-2024
I don't know if this has been talked about in this thread, but there was also a shooting between Warwick and McGee on Gallerie at about 1:37. My son was at the parade and was leaving. He was sitting at a 4 way stop on McGee heading south when the shooting happened to his right on Gallerie. This was about 15 minutes before the shooting at Union Station. This is about 4 blocks south of Union Station, and 15 minutes before the shooting there.

He texted me at 1:37 and asked if there was any reports of a shooting in that area.
[Reply]
wazu 08:47 PM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by R Clark:
You were there? Cause I was and I didn’t see it that way
My son was near the shooting. Heard gunshots and said they happened right after the final tomahawk chop. Music played on after that with players remaining on stage for awhile. It was loud music so most of the crowd and players didn’t know anything was wrong. I looked back at the video and during this time can see some people running full speed on the west end during this time. (My son would have been one of them.)
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 08:50 PM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Ian Miles Cheong is a known propagandist/liar and there's no evidence those guys are the shooters. As I pointed out earlier, none of them were dressed like the guy who got tackled. Unless they let him change his pants, the tackled dude had grey sweats on. We have enough baseless propaganda on the internet, don't need to spread it here.
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Is anyone dumb enough to believe these are actually the suspects?
What about now, dipshits? Is Arrowhead Pride a known propagandist/liar too? And Pitt, is anyone (aka, you) dumb enough to believe that these aren't actually the suspects?

One more that was cut out from the van image. pic.twitter.com/LY2Jer2j5K

— Arrowhead Live (@ArrowheadLive) February 14, 2024

[Reply]
Page 59 of 107
« First < 9495556575859 6061626369 > Last »
Up