ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 32
« First < 81415161718 1920212228 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Royals Announce New Ballpark in "The Heart of Downtown KC"
Couch-Potato 08:07 AM 02-14-2024
What do you guys think about the new ballpark?

ESPN:
Spoiler!

[Reply]
LagunaSWana 09:43 AM 03-21-2024
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
every new stadium doesn’t allow tailgating. It’s not cost effective. There’s no money being made. This trend is nation wide.
SoFi allows tailgating.
[Reply]
Katipan 09:47 AM 03-21-2024
Originally Posted by LagunaSWana:
SoFi allows tailgating.
That's a Kroenke thing.
He has enough money.
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:22 AM 03-21-2024
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Loooooong, but the man makes some good points. Coming from a dude who thinks baseball is a downtown sport. But he's right when he says "the team" is doing very little, nothing actually, to ensure that the Royals do the one thing they can do to ensure people attend games - have a team that can compete in their division and in the league - instead of essentially being a farm team for the league's teams who put their money where their mouth is when they talk about being winners.

You're a fucking idiot
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 10:33 AM 03-21-2024
There is no rational reason to pony up over a billion in taxpayer dollars to fund a private endeavor that doesn't actually add to the local economy save for drastically fewer than 1,000 full time jobs 'created'. The logical vote is "no."

That being said, the temper tantrum from "certain" people if it passes will be fucking delightful.
[Reply]
srvy 10:37 AM 03-21-2024
So apparently the royals architect called a news conference today at 11 am. They are going I am told to explain some things including how they will deal with parking.

I am unable to see that one did anyone catch it?

It has been said by Sherman there are easily 40,000 parking spots within the area of the proposed stadium. I would love to see where he is coming up with this figure.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 10:43 AM 03-21-2024
Originally Posted by srvy:
So apparently the royals architect called a news conference today at 11 am. They are going I am told to explain some things including how they will deal with parking.

It has been said by Sherman there are easily 40,000 parking spots within the area of the proposed stadium. I would love to see where he is coming up with this figure.
Parking is available but it definitely wouldn't be convenient for the average doofus.
[Reply]
LagunaSWana 10:57 AM 03-21-2024
Originally Posted by Katipan:
That's a Kroenke thing.
He has enough money.
He doesn't own both teams that play there.
[Reply]
Bearcat 11:01 AM 03-21-2024

Aren't there only like 25k spots at TSC anyway?
[Reply]
ntexascardfan 11:11 AM 03-21-2024
If this is anything like Coors Field in Denver then it'll provide a tremendous amount of revitalization to the area.
[Reply]
Katipan 11:18 AM 03-21-2024
Originally Posted by LagunaSWana:
He doesn't own both teams that play there.
The teams don't dictate whether there is tailgating.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 11:23 AM 03-21-2024

His high dollar ass wont have to walk through a shooting gallery to his car parked in the break in and steal your shit zone. So if you do, just watch yer 6 and walk fast
[Reply]
Bearcat 11:34 AM 03-21-2024
:-)
[Reply]
GloryDayz 11:51 AM 03-21-2024
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
It’s a complete bullshit talking point.

I mean claiming the Royals have been failing because they’re developing players and not keeping them.

The Royals have been bad not because they’re not paying to keep their own talent but instead because they’ve done a bad job of drafting and developing talent.

The new ownership team just made an enormous commitment to the great young player it had developed while also spending real money on free agents, and did that while the shit bag incompetents who bought the media rights were in such bad shape it was questionable if the team would even get that payout.

You can say a lot about the royals failures and be right, but claiming the Royals are a farm team for others is absolute fucking bullshit that is 20 years out of date.
Fair enough, so let's wait a few years, at least two years, before we make this decision. Is that fair, or do we really need to make this decision now, seven years out? Three years ought to be enough time to figure out if they're truly committed to spending what to takes to get people who can see talent, the right group to develop those good recruits, and then keep them.

I think we're doing this vote way too early, and I'm not sure this owner is as committed to winning as you seem to think he is.

We shall see, but for now I'm a "no" vote...
[Reply]
GloryDayz 11:53 AM 03-21-2024
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
There is no rational reason to pony up over a billion in taxpayer dollars to fund a private endeavor that doesn't actually add to the local economy save for drastically fewer than 1,000 full time jobs 'created'. The logical vote is "no."

That being said, the temper tantrum from "certain" people if it passes will be fucking delightful.
It'll pass, if not this go-round, one of the future go-rounds.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:54 AM 03-21-2024
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Super liberal on social issues? Fucking gross.
Red Dawg think's it's gross to not live in 1952.
[Reply]
Page 18 of 32
« First < 81415161718 1920212228 > Last »
Up