ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3618 of 3903
« First < 2618311835183568360836143615361636173618 3619362036213622362836683718 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Halfcan 11:25 PM 08-06-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Can you explain why you're scared of virtually non-existent serious side-effects?
I posted "Please do" how do you equate that with being scared?

Please explain why you are such a dickhead to anyone that would like to hear All the facts before they put their health at risk one way or the other?
[Reply]
BigBeauford 11:37 PM 08-06-2021
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Good thing you and your boyfriend Pitt are here to jump on anyone that asks questions. ****ing Covid Nazis. :-)
You can call me hitler if it would get more people the vaccine so that life for my kids can get back to normal. That's all I want, is for them to not deal with this shit. It's why I got the jab so early when it was offered. I'd take a 100 jabs and "die in two years" if it meant better things for them.
[Reply]
Otter 12:22 AM 08-07-2021
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
You can call me hitler if it would get more people the vaccine so that life for my kids can get back to normal. That's all I want, is for them to not deal with this shit. It's why I got the jab so early when it was offered. I'd take a 100 jabs and "die in two years" if it meant better things for them.
There's a very, very good reason why the people telling you to "get the jab" are not trusted.

See how constant lying and "rules for thee but not for me" come back to haunt?

The parable 'Boy Who Cried Wolf" comes to mind.
[Reply]
Halfcan 12:22 AM 08-07-2021
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
That is great you had good intentions doing it for your kids, but that does not give you moral high ground to be an asshole to others that want the same thing for their own families. Some want to learn all available facts before they make a potentially life-changing decision, they don't need to deal with a bunch of trolls in the process.
[Reply]
Monticore 05:03 AM 08-07-2021
That is great you had good intentions doing it for your kids, but that does not give you moral high ground to be an asshole to others that want the same thing for their own families. Some want to learn all available facts before they make a potentially life-changing decision, they don't need to deal with a bunch of trolls in the process.
The fact is the COVID vaccines are safer than COVID , the data is there you just chose to ignore it.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 05:23 AM 08-07-2021
Originally Posted by Monticore:
The fact is the COVID vaccines are safer than COVID , the data is there you just chose to ignore it.
I'm pro-vax, but your statement isn't accurate when it comes to kids. At least up to now anyway. Delta may be changing that. I won't be vaxxing either of my kids, only one is currently eligible, as they are both very healthy and height weight proportionate, unless more data comes out that Delta is actually effecting healthy kids. Each kid I see on TV that died is still a huge fatty.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 05:25 AM 08-07-2021
Originally Posted by Otter:
There's a very, very good reason why the people telling you to "get the jab" are not trusted.

See how constant lying and "rules for thee but not for me" come back to haunt?

The parable 'Boy Who Cried Wolf" comes to mind.
Oh horse crap man. The shot is safe and every adult should get it.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 05:33 AM 08-07-2021
I posted "Please do" how do you equate that with being scared?

Please explain why you are such a dickhead to anyone that would like to hear All the facts before they put their health at risk one way or the other?
In all seriousness, what are you waiting to hear? There are some very rare side effects, most of which aren't going to be an issue unless you are allergic to the shot. In which case you might just get the J&J shot and stay for monitoring in case of an adverse reaction so they can give you a shot to fix that.

Delta is harming younger and healthier people. That is an actual fact.

Unless you've had COVID, you should really consider delving a bit deeper into the statistics on side effects, what they really are, and how likely you might be to suffer them. You may find that the risk you take driving your car each day is higher than the risk of adverse side effects from the vaccine.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 05:39 AM 08-07-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
Saw the hospitalizations for 30-50 year olds are almost double what they have been for covid in their release tosay.
The percentages are meaningless honestly. Talking in specifics would be better. It's up, Delta is a bitch for sure. It's like talking a about kids getting admitted and saying it's up 185% or whatever number they threw out on the news last night. Kids being admitted was incredibly rare, so going from 1 to 3 is a 300% increase. It just isn't significant though in reality unless context of just how many kids were infected, health of the kids, etc.

Omitting facts is wrong and opens up avenues for the deniers to say they are getting lied to about COVID.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 05:43 AM 08-07-2021
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
No. Ideally, you'd start the treatment after early symptoms in an outpatient setting. And it's dirt cheap.

As for the vaccines, I could drop some bombshells substantiated by documented evidence, but it's a lost cause.
Because your "documented evidence" is hearsay? Our media LOVES to spread bad news. They'd be ALL over it if anything was there to report. People locked down and scared drives their ratings through the roof and profit follows.

Which reminds me, I finally saw an actual segment on the nightly national news last night about the findings that immunity from actual COVID infection is better than the immunity provided by vaccination.

So I'll say again, if you've had COVID, don't worry about getting vaxxed. If you haven't, get vaccinated. Don't be the asshole who's body generates the next variant that escapes existing immunity.
[Reply]
Monticore 06:14 AM 08-07-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
I'm pro-vax, but your statement isn't accurate when it comes to kids. At least up to now anyway. Delta may be changing that. I won't be vaxxing either of my kids, only one is currently eligible, as they are both very healthy and height weight proportionate, unless more data comes out that Delta is actually effecting healthy kids. Each kid I see on TV that died is still a huge fatty.
Even though the gap might not be as large i still think the vaccine is safer than getting COVID in high school aged kids anyways , we chose to vaccinate our kids 14/16 even though they are healthy/athletic and have only mild asthma.
We vaccinate for chicken pox even though that has a very low fatality/severe illness rate although i am not sure how it compares to COVID
[Reply]
Halfcan 07:25 AM 08-07-2021
Originally Posted by Monticore:
More condescending nonsense. You have no idea my situation or what I have been studying as far as the Vax. I am bombarded with opinions every day whether I want them or not. Most are ignorant suppositions like yours. Others are from Vax shamers like Pitt and Beauford who think they have some higher ground to be assholes to people with different opinions or ask questions.
[Reply]
Bearcat 07:27 AM 08-07-2021
Good thing you and your boyfriend Pitt are here to jump on anyone that asks questions. Fucking Covid Nazis. :-)
Clearly you are the smartest person in the entire world and have it all figured out. It must be amazing to have your supreme intelligence while sitting back and laughing at people dying. I am surprised that you didn't invent your own vaccine since you are an expert. Congrats!!
Thanks for chiming in, but your opinion was not asked for or meaningful.

via GIPHY

[Reply]
Halfcan 07:33 AM 08-07-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
In all seriousness, what are you waiting to hear? There are some very rare side effects, most of which aren't going to be an issue unless you are allergic to the shot. In which case you might just get the J&J shot and stay for monitoring in case of an adverse reaction so they can give you a shot to fix that.

Delta is harming younger and healthier people. That is an actual fact.

Unless you've had COVID, you should really consider delving a bit deeper into the statistics on side effects, what they really are, and how likely you might be to suffer them. You may find that the risk you take driving your car each day is higher than the risk of adverse side effects from the vaccine.
:-) Very helpful, thank you. Yep, I was just reading about this and I appreciate the confirmation. Allergic reaction is one of my biggest concerns. I have a long history of horrible reactions, especially to the Flu shot. I am also allergic to Penicillin, which hopefully should not be a problem with the Vax.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 07:55 AM 08-07-2021
:-) Very helpful, thank you. Yep, I was just reading about this and I appreciate the confirmation. Allergic reaction is one of my biggest concerns. I have a long history of horrible reactions, especially to the Flu shot. I am also allergic to Penicillin, which hopefully should not be a problem with the Vax.
Have you asked your doctor their thoughts to your situation?

My aunt has bad reactions to virtually everything and seems to be sick or in pain or on meds all the time. Her doctor recommended the shot cause of her age/weight but said it was up to her if she was worried about a reaction. He basically told her to mask up if she didn't get it. She did, she felt a little tired but no issues on both Pfizer shots. I was shocked. She's been fine and any of her current issues haven't escalated. My best friend has a history of allergic reactions and severe allergies, no issues.
[Reply]
Page 3618 of 3903
« First < 2618311835183568360836143615361636173618 3619362036213622362836683718 > Last »
Up