ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 34 of 94
« First < 243031323334 353637384484 > Last »
Media Center>HBO: True Detective
keg in kc 10:17 AM 09-09-2013
Hits in January.

Starring Matthew McConaughey & Woody Harrelson. :-)

[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:00 PM 03-07-2014
I don't know why anybody would be expecting disappointment. This show's been phenomenal. No reason to doubt it now.
[Reply]
rocknrolla 11:29 PM 03-07-2014
I have a feeling it going to end up closing up the relationship Rust and Marty. Leaving the case with loose ends for other seasons. IMO, t's more about the detectives than the case.
[Reply]
Fishpicker 01:07 AM 03-08-2014
I bet the ending will be something like this. Rust and Marty get the yellow King and then the camera pans out, way out to show the greater area. A good distance away the camera will swoop back in to show a fire burning in the spiral shape.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 01:12 AM 03-08-2014
My guess is that Cohle sacrifices himself or dies in some other way. It would surprise me if he survived the final episode.
[Reply]
L.A. Chieffan 01:42 AM 03-08-2014
Open ended, like the Sopranos
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 04:51 AM 03-08-2014
Do you see...

[Reply]
noa 06:01 AM 03-08-2014
I thought I read an interview with the writer saying that season 2 is going to be a whole new era and setting, possibly in old timey Los Angeles.
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 09:58 AM 03-08-2014
Originally Posted by noa:
I thought I read an interview with the writer saying that season 2 is going to be a whole new era and setting, possibly in old timey Los Angeles.
Very well could be- possibly an homage to the Black Dahlia.
(California's most famous and bizarre unsolved case)
[Reply]
NewChief 10:20 AM 03-08-2014
Originally Posted by noa:
Also rumors that it's going to have a female lead(s?) instead of male.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:04 AM 03-08-2014
Originally Posted by Brock:
I'm prepared for disappointment. But hey, it was entertaining either way.
Yep, at least it won't be on a "Dexter" scale disappointment.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:08 AM 03-08-2014
Originally Posted by NewChief:
Also rumors that it's going to have a female lead(s?) instead of male.
After what this show has done to help MM's career they should be able to get some hot babe's looking to improve their bonafides for being taken seriously as actresses.
[Reply]
NewChief 11:29 AM 03-08-2014
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
After what this show has done to help MM's career they should be able to get some hot babe's looking to improve their bonafides for being taken seriously as actresses.
In fairness, I think Dallas Buyer's Club (and his really brief, but awesomely memorable scene in Wolf of Wall Street) did as much for his career as this. It was some nice synchronicity for this show that they released it just as the Oscar hype for Dallas Buyer's Club was really taking off. I'm not sure they'd have been able to land MM if they'd started filming this year.
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 11:42 AM 03-08-2014
This show is the cherry on top for outstanding work he's already been doing for a few years now.

I also don't think they're targeting 2 female leads- rumor of that seemed to have no legs, and it simply got circulated because it was another True Detective related story that has been a traffic driver on the net for months.

If they can court 2 outstanding actresses, I'm fine with it. It still all starts with the writing.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 11:46 AM 03-08-2014
I always liked MM since "A time to kill' then he did a bunch of stupid romantic comedies. I'm glad he's getting serious on his roles.
[Reply]
Brock 11:49 AM 03-08-2014
Ha ha what. He just won an oscar.
[Reply]
Page 34 of 94
« First < 243031323334 353637384484 > Last »
Up