ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 33 of 94
« First < 232930313233 343536374383 > Last »
Media Center>HBO: True Detective
keg in kc 10:17 AM 09-09-2013
Hits in January.

Starring Matthew McConaughey & Woody Harrelson. :-)

[Reply]
Bowser 08:30 PM 03-06-2014
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I figured the fire was accidental. Why would a secretive cult create a fire and draw attention to itself?
Why would a secretive cult put that dead chick out there on display with all their crazy shit all over her in the first place?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:39 PM 03-06-2014
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
One think I've learned is, if a woman on this show orders a "Dirty Martini," at some point she's going to get bent over and boofed.
If it's that chick from episode 2. If Presidents can leer, we can.

[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:41 PM 03-06-2014
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Why would a secretive cult put that dead chick out there on display with all their crazy shit all over her in the first place?
Exactly, unless its part of their offering to their weird god or gods.
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 09:27 PM 03-06-2014
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I figured the fire was accidental. Why would a secretive cult create a fire and draw attention to itself?
We don't know who started the fires. It could have been a planned burning to turnover the fields that got out of hand. I can't recall that open sequence of dialogue, but it certainly could have been a copycat to get an investigation going.

Off topic also, but I can't believe this thought didn't cross my mind earlier, even if it totally ends up having no bearing on the ending, but you gotta hand it to Rust's insistence they get him a 6-pack of his Lone Star otherwise he had nothing to say.

Fyi, drinking or being drunk, especially when they provided / went out and bought it, is completely inadmissible and evidence obtained from leads they follow up on could also be barred from evidence if they did ever decide to go after Rust and charge him with something.
[Reply]
BigRock 12:40 AM 03-07-2014
Originally Posted by Brock:
You may have pointed this out already, but why does she have a similar mark on her forehead as ledoux?
They're meth scabs.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 12:40 PM 03-07-2014
Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth:
We don't know who started the fires. It could have been a planned burning to turnover the fields that got out of hand. I can't recall that open sequence of dialogue, but it certainly could have been a copycat to get an investigation going.

Off topic also, but I can't believe this thought didn't cross my mind earlier, even if it totally ends up having no bearing on the ending, but you gotta hand it to Rust's insistence they get him a 6-pack of his Lone Star otherwise he had nothing to say.

Fyi, drinking or being drunk, especially when they provided / went out and bought it, is completely inadmissible and evidence obtained from leads they follow up on could also be barred from evidence if they did ever decide to go after Rust and charge him with something.
Re: the last paragraph.nThe writer/director explained that in a post episode interview.
[Reply]
gblowfish 12:44 PM 03-07-2014
You knew it was going to happen....
http://www.salon.com/2014/03/06/if_y...newsletter%2F/
http://www.vulture.com/2014/02/true-...-parodies.html
[Reply]
aturnis 01:34 PM 03-07-2014
Don't think the parody is too funny. I guess I don't get what they're getting at. Do people have trouble understanding what's being said?
[Reply]
Bambi 01:49 PM 03-07-2014
Originally Posted by aturnis:
Don't think the parody is too funny. I guess I don't get what they're getting at. Do people have trouble understanding what's being said?
yea that talk soup thing isn't funny. Or tosh.0, whatever that guys name is
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 05:19 PM 03-07-2014
More overindulgent speculation by the TD masses -

Another indication that Marty's daughter was also a victim. While he's watching the video of the girl who also happens to have a striking resemblance to Audrey.

When Marty is looking at Rust’s evidence in the storage locker—at the exact moment, in fact, when he’s examining photos of Marie Fontenot—his head obscures the letter “g” on the wall, turning “KING” into “KIN.” Again, hard to believe this is accidental.

* I hope people aren't annoyed with my series of posts of speculation and screen caps from around the interwebs. I get most of it is just grasping at straws, but I find it highly entertaining to see what people come up with when picking through the show with a fine-tooth comb.
If so, tough shit!
:-) You've only got a few more days to suffer through my TD vomit of posts... *
[Reply]
Bambi 07:14 PM 03-07-2014
More overindulgent speculation by the TD masses -

Another indication that Marty's daughter was also a victim. While he's watching the video of the girl who also happens to have a striking resemblance to Audrey.

When Marty is looking at Rust’s evidence in the storage locker—at the exact moment, in fact, when he’s examining photos of Marie Fontenot—his head obscures the letter “g” on the wall, turning “KING” into “KIN.” Again, hard to believe this is accidental.

* I hope people aren't annoyed with my series of posts of speculation and screen caps from around the interwebs. I get most of it is just grasping at straws, but I find it highly entertaining to see what people come up with when picking through the show with a fine-tooth comb.
If so, tough shit!
:-) You've only got a few more days to suffer through my TD vomit of posts... *
ugh, no dude. I love this. Keep em coming
[Reply]
ragedogg69 08:24 PM 03-07-2014
‘True Detective’ Fan Develops Elaborate Theory He Will Be Let Down By Season Finale

LANSING, MI—Claiming that the clues have been in plain sight all along, local man and diehard True Detective fan Spencer Adams, 34, told reporters Friday he has developed an elaborate theory that he will be incredibly disappointed by the show’s upcoming season finale. “If you’ve been paying close attention to each episode so far, everything points to the fact that we’re headed for a huge disappointment this Sunday,” said Adams, citing as supporting evidence the impossibly high expectations scattered throughout the crime drama’s first seven episodes and listing off a labyrinthine catalog of loose ends and unresolved plot threads that, according to his hypothesis, the HBO series cannot possibly wrap up in the season’s final 60 minutes. “I’ve been watching every shot, every cutaway intently—sometimes viewing the same episodes three or four times each—and the signs are all there: the increasingly convoluted story, the massive amounts of filler in the more recent episodes, the numerous occult references that we clearly aren’t going to get a proper explanation for. All of that makes a satisfying ending virtually impossible, and if you’ve carefully followed every onscreen moment like I have, you’ll see they’ve been making that obvious from the very start.” Adams also noted that the show has been dropping numerous hints as to the arc of its planned second season, namely that the producers will be unable to cast leads on par with Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson and that Adams will then stop watching.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/tru...view:1:Default
[Reply]
Brock 08:29 PM 03-07-2014
I'm prepared for disappointment. But hey, it was entertaining either way.
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 09:26 PM 03-07-2014
Originally Posted by Brock:
I'm prepared for disappointment. But hey, it was entertaining either way.
I cautiously hopeful, but it's a tough task to wrap up a lot of ? 's in 1 remaining episode. What if this ends up being the closure of Rust and Marty's stories, but not the end of the the mystery / case?

I've not seen anyone offer this theory and I'm just thinking out loud. Would you be disappointed if they found resolution to our 2 main characters, the detectives, on par with the quality the rest of the episodes have been, but the story continued into the 2nd season?
[Reply]
KcMizzou 09:33 PM 03-07-2014
I cautiously hopeful, but it's a tough task to wrap up a lot of ? 's in 1 remaining episode. What if this ends up being the closure of Rust and Marty's stories, but not the end of the the mystery / case?

I've not seen anyone offer this theory and I'm just thinking out loud. Would you be disappointed if they found resolution to our 2 main characters, the detectives, on par with the quality the rest of the episodes have been, but the story continued into the 2nd season?
That's a pretty interesting idea. I'd be ok with it, if it were a great episode, and we got resolution for Rust and Marty. It'd leave season 2 (and the actors in it) with a lot to live up to, though. This is a tough act to follow.

In any case, I think the general lowered expectations for the finale might work in the show's favor. There's still a chance they somehow surprise everybody and knock it out of the park. I can't imagine how, but then... that's not my job. I get to be surprised.
[Reply]
Page 33 of 94
« First < 232930313233 343536374383 > Last »
Up