ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 32 of 94
« First < 222829303132 333435364282 > Last »
Media Center>HBO: True Detective
keg in kc 10:17 AM 09-09-2013
Hits in January.

Starring Matthew McConaughey & Woody Harrelson. :-)

[Reply]
Brock 11:40 AM 03-06-2014
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish:
I dunno. This show - for me - is much, much better waiting until Sunday to see where it's going next. I've made it a point to not follow any of the links because people tie things into the episodes that have zero meaning. It's happened in this thread.

Even in this thread, there is a post that asks "is one hour enough to tie up all the loose ends'? I asked "what loose ends need to be tied up for folks"? But got no reply.

The show is pretty straight forward with the bonus of incredible character development and background and a macabre string of murders.
I cannot find where you asked that question, but now that you have: I don't see how they can wrap up the main story in an hour satisfactorily, let alone the numorous ancillary teases the show has placed before us, ie what happened to hart's daughter, wtf is this yellow king/carcosa stuff, why is the dora lange murder different from the rest, etc. basically what I was hoping to find out was that the finale would be a 2 hour episode or something.
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 12:31 PM 03-06-2014
Anyone see some resemblance?

[Reply]
gblowfish 12:39 PM 03-06-2014
Info on "Carcosa":
http://kinginyellow.wikia.com/wiki/Carcosa
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 01:15 PM 03-06-2014

And here we have Rianne Olivier's class photo. Olivier, you recall, was Reggie Ledoux's girlfriend, until she disappeared and her body was found washed up in the bayou.

Investigators concluded she drowned, but after reviewing thousands of photos of dead bodies, hers caught Cohle's eye, because of the tell-tale spiral on the shoulder and the same mix of meth and LSD that was found in Dora Lange's body.

Olivier's grandfather let the detectives have her yearbook—she attended one of Reverend Tuttle's schools. Cohle has the photo up in his apartment.

As we know he's the same person as the one seen in the yearbook photo?

There's speculation that the "Marshland Medea" from episode 6 also went to Light of the Way school with Rianne Olivier.

Others suspect that the big guy in the far right corner is our landscaper guy from outside the school with the "Devil's Nests," a.k.a. The Green Eared Spaghetti Monster.

[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 01:35 PM 03-06-2014
Everyone has seen the spiral pointed out like below, but a few other familiar images bear close resemblance of significance.

Entire shot for reference.

At Dora's crime scene- which Rust returns to in a later episode and specifically inspects as they pull in tight for a close-up shot.

I think it's pretty clear, Marty's oldest daughter unfortunately crossed paths with whoever this is?

The question is, why was she spared, and allowed to live / not sacrificed? Who is she connected to somehow that spares her death possibly?

Also when we see her take her sister's crown adorned with ribbon and toss it in the tree, is she trying to protect her from being marked as a future target?

In the grainy video they briefly show, the girl in it appears to be also wearing a crown adorned with ribbon...
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 01:45 PM 03-06-2014
And, finally, I totally get that all this speculation, theory, and conjecture is a majority-share just an exercise equal to the dog chasing his tail, but I don't really care.

I'm enjoying seeing what others can attempt to think they've spotted, and it's made for purely entertaining recreation to go alongside one of the best series storylines with masterfully done jobs of acting, directing and production.

I'm also fine with being the 1st to admit the below is most assuredly squarely aimed right at me- nor do I care! :-)

[Reply]
gblowfish 01:59 PM 03-06-2014
One think I've learned is, if a woman on this show orders a "Dirty Martini," at some point she's going to get bent over and boofed.
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 03:00 PM 03-06-2014
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
One think I've learned is, if a woman on this show orders a "Dirty Martini," at some point she's going to get bent over and boofed.
Pretty much holds true in real life also.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 05:13 PM 03-06-2014
Originally Posted by Brock:
I cannot find where you asked that question, but now that you have: I don't see how they can wrap up the main story in an hour satisfactorily, let alone the numorous ancillary teases the show has placed before us, ie what happened to hart's daughter, wtf is this yellow king/carcosa stuff, why is the dora lange murder different from the rest, etc. basically what I was hoping to find out was that the finale would be a 2 hour episode or something.
Post 434.

The yellow King/Carcosa stuff should come to fruition in the last episode. But I think obviously it's got something to do with the combo Santeria/Couriye Mardi Gras that Marty spoke with Cole about in the storage locker.

Hart's daughter may have just become a rebellious teen, that got into drugs and hung with bad influences after a traumatic incident related to the pictures. To me, she's a sidebar story of Marty's lack of attention to his family since he's a narcissistic, pussy chasing cop.

I hope I'm able to stay awake to see it Sunday night.
[Reply]
Bowser 05:29 PM 03-06-2014
Originally Posted by Bowser:
The writing is so good for this show that Hart's wife could end up being the Yellow King and I would buy it completely.
Ok, she may not be the Yellow King, but damned if she's not involved in it somehow. Why exactly did she go see Rust after Marty paid her a visit? Getting nervous as to why those two are working together again?

I get the feeling that her parents were involved with the Santeria/Couriye Mardi Gras stuff with the Tuttles and passed the cult life down to her in some fashion?
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 06:02 PM 03-06-2014
Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth:

There's speculation that the "Marshland Medea" from episode 6 also went to Light of the Way school with Rianne Olivier.
Another thought, if that is her, does that possibly explain why she killed her children? Namely, she had been found and knew what would happen to her kids by the Five Horsemen or whoever...
[Reply]
Brock 06:23 PM 03-06-2014
You may have pointed this out already, but why does she have a similar mark on her forehead as ledoux?
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 07:39 PM 03-06-2014
Originally Posted by Brock:
You may have pointed this out already, but why does she have a similar mark on her forehead as ledoux?
No clue, maybe they did already get a hold of her and the kids and "they" actually were the ones that killed the children. Then setting it up as to look like she was the one responsible. Not the first person going to jail so spooked by whomever might have pull in the prison system- (Tuttle, other affiliated law enforcement(?)) that they refused to talk and/or commit suicide rather than face punishment or possibly further consequences to family or loved ones.
Or, maybe she was a follower of The Yellow King?

I originally noticed the "mark" also, but with 1 episode to go, it probably doesn't get easily explained- unless we see some new victim similarly marked, and then you'd still have to piece that one together.
[Reply]
Ragged Robin 08:14 PM 03-06-2014
Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth:
And, finally, I totally get that all this speculation, theory, and conjecture is a majority-share just an exercise equal to the dog chasing his tail, but I don't really care.

I'm enjoying seeing what others can attempt to think they've spotted, and it's made for purely entertaining recreation to go alongside one of the best series storylines with masterfully done jobs of acting, directing and production.
I'm not convinced that most of these are actual clues but are just literary metaphors instead. In one of the first scenes where we see Marty's kids, they're playing with their dolls and there's a naked barbie in the middle of a circle of all males, in parallel with all the ****ed up shit going on and perhaps foreshadowing the oldest being involved with threesome/statutory rape. Of course you'd probably argue that this is the result of some earlier abuse that took place but I'm not sold on this.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:28 PM 03-06-2014
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
I like the theory, but I don't think it was Cohle. And I do think there's going to be some kind of twist Sunday, as much as the writer talks about audiences being abused for 20 years.
I figured the fire was accidental. Why would a secretive cult create a fire and draw attention to itself?
[Reply]
Page 32 of 94
« First < 222829303132 333435364282 > Last »
Up