ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 28 of 94
« First < 182425262728 293031323878 > Last »
Media Center>HBO: True Detective
keg in kc 10:17 AM 09-09-2013
Hits in January.

Starring Matthew McConaughey & Woody Harrelson. :-)

[Reply]
Buck 02:01 PM 03-03-2014
Originally Posted by Carlota69:
Channel?
BBC America
[Reply]
KevB 03:51 PM 03-03-2014
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
It also seems Maggie or her parents offered Audrey and Maisie as subjects for the Yellow King. Due to the introduction of new evidence that Cohl possesses
Where do you get that?
[Reply]
bowener 04:05 PM 03-03-2014
I was elated by this show when it first started because it looked like it was going to take some of my favorite storytelling genres (crime fiction, detective procedural) and turn them into something transcendent. I thought it was on the verge of blowing it all up. But around episode 5 I think, maybe 6, is when it plateaued for me, and unfairly became a disappointment. I put too much expectation into this show, that is my fault. I do love it, honestly. It is great, and proof of what can be done with a great writer and director, and a network willing to let them play freely. I will see how it ends, but for now it feels like a missed moment in television. Where we almost witnessed the pinnacle of art on film.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 04:33 PM 03-03-2014
Originally Posted by KevB:
Where do you get that?
Maybe reading too much into that video scene in the storage unit
[Reply]
Simply Red 04:46 PM 03-03-2014
Originally Posted by Bambi:
I was really hoping Mcconaughey was gonna give us some Rust Cohle at the Oscars last night. oh well
HA
[Reply]
MatriculatingHank 04:58 PM 03-03-2014
Originally Posted by Carlota69:
Channel?
http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/95255..._HDTV.x264-FoV
[Reply]
mcaj22 05:24 PM 03-03-2014
i am curious as to what sort of "twist" people are let down expecting?

like M. Night Shamalaramlyn isnt directing this, there wont be a Mark Whalberg appearance or Mr. Glass showing up in a wheel chair at the end. There wont be any aliens or ghosts or townsfolk pretending to be monsters.

But there is still a possibility of someone like
Spoiler!
being involved or either detective dieing, if not both. It will end, the way people thought it would.
[Reply]
Simply Red 05:27 PM 03-03-2014
Originally Posted by MatriculatingHank:

[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 08:32 PM 03-03-2014
Originally Posted by MatriculatingHank:
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Dallas Chief 08:58 PM 03-03-2014
Originally Posted by Bambi:
This show is definitely a victim of the internet running crazy with theories, symbols that aren't really there, etc etc. And that's a good thing. There isn't going to be any crazy twist at the end and that's just fine. I've really enjoyed it and find myself laughing as these two run around now as if they're in a retiring home finishing out this whole story. What a show.
The symbols drive me nuts though. I can't believe there hasn't been more chatter here about the end of Ep.7. The grass being cut in that particular pattern by that special fella. Probably means nothing in the grand scheme, but they put that stuff in there to make you crazy thinking it is something relevant. Bahhhhh!!!:-)
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 09:08 PM 03-03-2014
Originally Posted by Dallas Chief:
The symbols drive me nuts though. I can't believe there hasn't been more chatter here about the end of Ep.7. The grass being cut in that particular pattern by that special fella. Probably means nothing in the grand scheme, but they put that stuff in there to make you crazy thinking it is something relevant. Bahhhhh!!!:-)
They showed a close up of his face and he has scars just like the man Hart and Cohle are looking for. You didn't see it when he appeared earlier because of his beard and Cohle didn't get to close to him to notice.

Also spaghetti faced could mean a beard which in the mid 90s wouldn't be nearly as popular facial hair style as now.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:10 PM 03-03-2014
So they torture the guy. Find out the names and go take him/them down. Thats just mighty convenient.

That wasn't a photo shopped kid drawing on the wall of the Hart home. Why was Maggie in the psycho ward? Those were just Easter eggs to throw off the public and create internet buzz?

There should have been at least another episode between this point and the final. If you are locked in to 8 episodes total, then cut some stuff in the first 6 episodes.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:14 PM 03-03-2014
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
They showed a close up of his face and he has scars just like the man Hart and Cohle are looking for.
I didn't see a bunch of scars on the that mans face. Anyone got a screen cap?
[Reply]
Brock 09:15 PM 03-03-2014
What do you mean by "why was maggie in the psycho ward"?
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 09:23 PM 03-03-2014
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I didn't see a bunch of scars on the that mans face. Anyone got a screen cap?
I see if I can find it but most definitely he did.
[Reply]
Page 28 of 94
« First < 182425262728 293031323878 > Last »
Up