ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 40 of 240
« First < 303637383940 414243445090140 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Andy Reid is a terrible head football coach
rabblerouser 09:43 AM 09-18-2015
Andy Reid got depantsed in the Super Bowl by Bruce Arians.

Bruce Fucking Arians and Tom Fucking Brady.

Well, you see, Andy Reid is an offensive genius, and how dare we question Andy Reid's genius in not running the ball and not utilizing the screen pass in the face of an epically brutal pass rush, a patchwork offensive line and a QB with a hurt toe?

How dare we question his geniusness?

Oh, and Spags? The "great Brady Killer"? They had his defense figured out by the 2nd quarter and he couldn't adjust it. He was Bob Sutton Jr.
[Reply]
O.city 04:07 PM 09-27-2016
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
The Patriots would take a $13 million dollar cap hit this year and a $12 million dollar cap hit (dead space) next year. I don't think that's an option.

Plus, I can't see Robert Kraft signing off on such a deal.
If you're gonna trade one of them, I'd think bill would rather trade the older one.

But, it could be that they're just making Jimmy look better than he is.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:12 PM 09-27-2016
Originally Posted by O.city:
If you're gonna trade one of them, I'd think bill would rather trade the older one.

But, it could be that they're just making Jimmy look better than he is.
I New England fans would collectively lose their minds if Brady was traded.

It's not like's competing against a modern day Steve Young, as Joe Montana was in 1993, nor has he been severely injured and dealing with back problems, shoulder problems, etc.

Additionally, unlike Montana or Peyton Manning, Brady's shown no signs of slowing down, even at age 39.

Personally, there's no way I'm trading a 4 time Super Bowl winning QB that's still playing lights out for a guy that looked really good for 6 quarters.
[Reply]
temper11 04:14 PM 09-27-2016
I agree. It seems that once Andy gets a lead, he starts going very vanilla because he's afraid to "show" something that they've been practicing and holding back for the right time.

Sometimes, it's frustrating but it's also completely understandable.
This. Up by two scores at the end of the third, I knew that was going to be about it for the offense.
[Reply]
ScareCrowe 04:25 PM 09-27-2016
Originally Posted by temper11:
This. Up by two scores at the end of the third, I knew that was going to be about it for the offense.
Can you imagine what this thread would look like if they were trying to air it out up by 14 in the 4th quarter & gave up a pick 6 or a sack/fumble for a TD.
[Reply]
O.city 04:29 PM 09-27-2016
I New England fans would collectively lose their minds if Brady was traded.

It's not like's competing against a modern day Steve Young, as Joe Montana was in 1993, nor has he been severely injured and dealing with back problems, shoulder problems, etc.

Additionally, unlike Montana or Peyton Manning, Brady's shown no signs of slowing down, even at age 39.

Personally, there's no way I'm trading a 4 time Super Bowl winning QB that's still playing lights out for a guy that looked really good for 6 quarters.
Inevitably, brady is gonna slow down. Bill knows that just like everyone else.

I can't imagine them trading brady, but if bill thinks he's nearing the edge of the age cliff, he'll think about it.
[Reply]
temper11 04:30 PM 09-27-2016
Originally Posted by ScareCrowe:
Can you imagine what this thread would look like if they were trying to air it out up by 14 in the 4th quarter & gave up a pick 6 or a sack/fumble for a TD.
No... I can't imagine it. :-)
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 06:09 PM 09-27-2016
I agree. It seems that once Andy gets a lead, he starts going very vanilla because he's afraid to "show" something that they've been practicing and holding back for the right time.

The "secret playbook"-take?

Really?

How does one open the Secret Playbook? Rub two short ends together while reciting an incantation?
[Reply]
OctoberFart 06:20 PM 09-27-2016
Originally Posted by ScareCrowe:
Among coaches with 50 wins Andy Reid has the 24th best winning percentage all time. If that's mediocre then I'll take mediocre all day.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...s_with_50_wins
I know you will. That is all KC fans expect and the owners know mediocrity will fill the stands. Reid is perfect for you guys and gets out coached by teams all the time in the playoffs. Don't take my word, take the players word for it.
[Reply]
New World Order 06:21 PM 09-27-2016

:-)
[Reply]
New World Order 06:28 PM 09-27-2016
Originally Posted by Dagnabit:
The "secret playbook"-take?

Really?

How does one open the Secret Playbook? Rub two short ends together while reciting an incantation?

The answer can only be found in 'The Pagemaster'
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 06:30 PM 09-27-2016
Originally Posted by New World Order:
The answer can only be found in 'The Pagemaster'

I think Dane was joking.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:45 PM 09-27-2016
Originally Posted by Dagnabit:

I think Dane was joking.
Yeah, it's pretty silly
[Reply]
Mr. Flopnuts 06:47 PM 09-27-2016
Originally Posted by OctoberFart:
I know you will. That is all KC fans expect and the owners know mediocrity will fill the stands. Reid is perfect for you guys and gets out coached by teams all the time in the playoffs. Don't take my word, take the players word for it.
Sit the fuck down. Your team has been irrelevant for 3 decades. You're not that much farther ahead of us. :-)
[Reply]
milkman 07:08 PM 09-27-2016
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
You people are ****ing idiots.

Reid has had TWO losing seasons in an 18 year career.

You people act like a head coach's job is the same as an OC. It isn't; it's nothing close, in fact. The head coach is a chief administrator. He's the guy that lays out camp, sets clubhouse rules, establishes a culture and an atmosphere.

And you want to fire him for a guy that had a hard on for Matt ****ing Cassel because you don't like the number of screens he runs.

Look, the playcalling bugs the shit out of me as well but a head coach is a package deal; you take the good with the bad and ask if the whole package makes for an effective head coach.

By every single available objective metric, Andy Reid is no worse than a good head football coach. His players love playing for him and they want to be here. He wins games, despite your assurances that you'd have done it differently.

**** me, we're not even 5 years removed from the last Patriots Tree abortion and you people are just clamoring for another round of it as though you wouldn't turn on that visor wearing ass clown as well.

Idiots, the whole ****ing lot of you.
I don't give a rat's ass.

The same issues that plagued the Eagles for 12 years with Reid at the helm are the same damn issues that plague the Chiefs today.

Andy Reid never fucking learns.

And I am not talking about the playcalling when the Chiefs have the lead in the fourth quarter.
I'm talking about the play calling early in the game when the Chiefs have a first and goal at the 3, and end up kicking a god damn FG.

I'm talking about wasting 2 minutes at the end of the first half/

I've done the whole win a lot of games only to get bounced before achieving the goal.

I don't know who the answer is, but I am almost certain we ain't winning a SB with Reid, so what is the fucking point?
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 07:11 PM 09-27-2016
Originally Posted by milkman:
I've done the whole win a lot of games only to get bounced before achieving the goal.

I don't know who the answer is, but I am almost certain we ain't winning a SB with Reid, so what is the ****ing point?
The answer here is that it's better than going 2-14.
[Reply]
Page 40 of 240
« First < 303637383940 414243445090140 > Last »
Up