Page 18 of 103
« First < 81415161718 192021222868 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Buffalo Bills
TLO 09:16 PM 01-16-2022
We're on to Buffalo
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:14 AM 01-17-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
The Chiefs have seemed to figure out a way to not rely on their RPO game as much. I think that was the biggest issue we were having early in the year - adapting to tighter windows in the RPO and defenders trying to get their hands up.

Buffalo is going to have to deal with the Chiefs rolling out completely different gameplans on offense and defense, and vastly different personnel groupings.

And without their best CB. Phew. :-)
We beat Buffalo last AFC Championship and we essentially called the same RPO plays over and over.

Now that we see Buffalo took away a bunch of our RPO staples, we've had the whole NFL season to practice against 2 deep safeties and limited RPO's.

We are ready.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:16 AM 01-17-2022
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Burrow was always better than Allen.

He was a better QB prospect.

He was better in his first 2 years.

And he had far worse team than Allen had where Allen went to a team that made the playoffs while Burrow was drafted by the Bengals who were at the bottom of the NFL.
I don't know that I agree with this.

Allen has far better arm talent and scrambling ability.

But Burrow does seem to have that ability to just drop balls into a bread basket that Allen still lacks, and reads defenses faster.

I think he responds to pressure better, too. He knows he isn't getting away with his legs most of the time, so he has to make the right read and get the ball out faster.

Allen is more apt to make one or two reads and then bail with his superior athleticism.

It's like comparing Montana and Elway.

Fortunately we have Joehn Montalway, the best of both worlds.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:17 AM 01-17-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Allen is no Mahomes.

He's real good, he's good enough to win a SB with, but he's no Mahomes.

Personally, I wouldn't take him over Joe Burrow. I said last year that of the young QB's not named Mahomes, I'd take Burrow over all of the rest, and I stand by that.

Cinci is building a special offense, if they can get some OL help they're going to be a problem for a long time.

Allen is going to have to prove to me that he can not shit down his leg when things go sidewise with some consistency before I'm a believer. And things always go sidewise at some point deep into the play-offs.
Yeah, I see Allen as a mobile Flacco. Statue Flacco won one so why not Allen?

Problem is Mahomes is in the AFC and Mahomes arm talent is a hybrid Favre/Aaron Rodgers.

It's otherworldly off-platform ability plus rocket arm plus spatial awareness plus mobility.

Allen doesn't have the awareness or the off-platform arm stuff.
[Reply]
CupidStunt 10:17 AM 01-17-2022
Allen never played as well as Burrow did against us. The best thing Allen did was have one half in 3 games against us where he beat Sorenson a few times on broken coverage with no pass-rush. The rest of the time Allen has been below average against KC.
I don't buy the relevance of this type of analysis, but either way, Burrow wasn't that special vs us. It was mostly Chase. The 2 big TDs were all him, along with that 3rd-and-27.

I saw the same thing in his game vs the Raiders.

Someone said about 90% good and then 2 games changing the narrative. That's EXACTLY right.

Maybe it becomes more of a breakout than a hot streak, but right now people are doing the same (wrong) thing they always do and treat a player or team at its best (or worst) as if that's the norm. They did it with the Pats in their streak, the Colts, the Chiefs at their worst, the Bills at their worst. Wrote off Mahomes, sucked Mac Jones' dick dry before it fell off. Threw Chase in the bust category before he'd played a regular season game, and now they want to argue he's already a top 3 WR in the NFL. List goes on and on.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:19 AM 01-17-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
I don't know that I agree with this.

Allen has far better arm talent and scrambling ability.

But Burrow does seem to have that ability to just drop balls into a bread basket that Allen still lacks, and reads defenses faster.

I think he responds to pressure better, too. He knows he isn't getting away with his legs most of the time, so he has to make the right read and get the ball out faster.

Allen is more apt to make one or two reads and then bail with his superior athleticism.

It's like comparing Montana and Elway.

Fortunately we have Joehn Montalway, the best of both worlds.
Burrow much faster processor.

Fast eyes, Allen has slow eyes.

Burrow more accurate and throws with better anticipation.

It's very Montanaish.

As I just said on Allen, too me he's a Flacco that can run. There is just a clumsiness to him.
[Reply]
DrunkBassGuitar 10:19 AM 01-17-2022
Mahomes is one Dee Ford offsides from having taken his team to a superbowl every year as a starter.

Josh Allen hasn't done that lol

Mahomes is what 6-2 in the playoffs and 1 of those losses is in the superbowl

obviously he's not going to maintain that but right now Mahomes is the AFC's best QB. I'd rather have Mahomes than Brady
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:20 AM 01-17-2022
Yeah, I see Allen as a mobile Flacco. Statue Flacco won one so why not Allen?

Problem is Mahomes is in the AFC and Mahomes arm talent is a hybrid Favre/Aaron Rodgers.

It's otherworldly off-platform ability plus rocket arm plus spatial awareness plus mobility.

Allen doesn't have the awareness or the off-platform arm stuff.
Allen is bigger, like Raperberger big.

Allen is faster as a runner.

Allen has similar arm talent.

But mentally, it's not even close. He doesn't have the gigabytes that Mahomes has.

And he doesn't have, or at least hasn't shown yet-the killer instinct.

Burrow shows the fast mental processing, the accuracy, and the killer instinct though he is not as physically big, or the same level of arm talent. He's more of a Montana/Brady type.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:21 AM 01-17-2022
Originally Posted by DrunkBassGuitar:
Mahomes is one Dee Ford offsides from having taken his team to a superbowl every year as a starter.

Josh Allen hasn't done that lol

Mahomes is what 6-2 in the playoffs and 1 of those losses is in the superbowl

obviously he's not going to maintain that but right now Mahomes is the AFC's best QB. I'd rather have Mahomes than Brady
Until we see someone not named Brady beat Mahomes in the postseason, he is the new GOAT.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:22 AM 01-17-2022
Originally Posted by CupidStunt:
I don't buy the relevance of this type of analysis, but either way, Burrow wasn't that special vs us. It was mostly Chase. The 2 big TDs were all him, along with that 3rd-and-27.

I saw the same thing in his game vs the Raiders.

Someone said about 90% good and then 2 games changing the narrative. That's EXACTLY right.

Maybe it becomes more of a breakout than a hot streak, but right now people are doing the same (wrong) thing they always do and treat a player or team at its best (or worst) as if that's the norm. They did it with the Pats in their streak, the Colts, the Chiefs at their worst, the Bills at their worst. Wrote off Mahomes, sucked Mac Jones' dick dry before it fell off. Threw Chase in the bust category before he'd played a regular season game, and now they want to argue he's already a top 3 WR in the NFL. List goes on and on.
When I rate QB's I not only consider every NFL game (I usually watch every throw for younger players) but their college games too.

Burrow has always been better, but that is just my opinion. The eyeball test.

If you want a larger stat set look at Burrow 1st 2 years vs Allen first 2 years.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:23 AM 01-17-2022
Allen is bigger, like Raperberger big.

Allen is faster as a runner.

Allen has similar arm talent.

But mentally, it's not even close. He doesn't have the gigabytes that Mahomes has.

And he doesn't have, or at least hasn't shown yet-the killer instinct.

Burrow shows the fast mental processing, the accuracy, and the killer instinct though he is not as physically big, or the same level of arm talent. He's more of a Montana/Brady type.

Allen is deadly when Daboll draws up the right scheme beater.

That's why we need to change the coverages and make Allen play QB.

He just doesn't see the field the way a Mahomes does.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:24 AM 01-17-2022
When I rate QB's I not only consider every NFL game (I usually watch every throw for younger players) but their college games too.

If you want a larger stat set look at Burrow 1st 2 years vs Allen first 2 years.
Burrow just never gets rattled. He's Joe Cool.

Allen...you can get in his head and he'll shit his pants, like he has in the play-offs the last couple of years.
[Reply]
CupidStunt 10:30 AM 01-17-2022

I'm a fan of Burrow in general, but there's just no way you were sucking him off like this in October. To that point the comparisons with him and Herbert were fucking LAUGHABLE. And now everyone thinks he's Montana? Again, I expect a positive career trajectory, but pump the brakes.

Meanwhile, Allen gets discredited because he looks and plays a little different to most top QBs. Hell, I'm not even saying who he is and isn't better than, but he's still underrated.

I think it was Acho (that suddenly loudmouth bitch, yeah) who put his tweet our after Saturday's games, what was it, 1. Rodgers, 2. Brady, 3. Mahomes, 4. Burrow ... then everyone else?

That is just beyond ignorant and stupid.
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:34 AM 01-17-2022
Burrow just never gets rattled. He's Joe Cool.

Allen...you can get in his head and he'll shit his pants, like he has in the play-offs the last couple of years.
Yeah, I'm really curious to see how Burrow handles things in the next week or two, and also see if Allen still goes full deer in the headlights.
[Reply]
ptlyon 10:35 AM 01-17-2022
Allen big dumb dumb head.

Burrow better.

Mahomes bestus.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:37 AM 01-17-2022
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Yeah, I'm really curious to see how Burrow handles things in the next week or two, and also see if Allen still goes full deer in the headlights.
The Bengals downfall will be their defense.
[Reply]
Page 18 of 103
« First < 81415161718 192021222868 > Last »
Up