ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2543 of 2693
« First < 1543204324432493253325392540254125422543 2544254525462547255325932643 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 03:22 PM 10-11-2023
Originally Posted by RedRaider56:
If only the offense could convert 3rd and 1 or 4th and 1 opportunities. They would be unstoppable..
They're at least running the right play. Fucking give it to Pacheco.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:27 PM 10-11-2023
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
His deep ball has been shit his entire career, if we’re being honest.

He rifles the shit on a rope when he needs to lob it up and decides to put touch on it when a laser would work better. His deep accuracy has never been consistently good either.

For a dude with his arm strength you’d think that would be his strength but I think it might actually be the weakest part of his game.
'Has been shit' is strong.

But no, the deep ball has never been as good as the arm strength suggested it could/should be.

Having Hill's speed and body control to go get balls helped a TON. But he's never really thrown that high, arcing moonball that helps with more average deep receivers.

Jeff Blake was always the gold standard for absolute dog-shit QBs who knew how to throw a deep ball for me. That guy threw a beautiful bomb but that was about all he did worth a damn.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 03:42 PM 10-11-2023
Soon Simply Red will be up in here with “the myth that Patrick Mahomes can’t throw a deep ball” videos.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:43 PM 10-12-2023
Yeah, “shit” is definitely strong. It does stand out in great contrast to the rest of his game so I think that’s what does it. Like, I’d probably rate every other aspect of this dude’s game as an A-/A/A+ and then his deep ball comes in at like a C- lol
[Reply]
Marcellus 02:57 PM 10-12-2023
Yeah, “shit” is definitely strong. It does stand out in great contrast to the rest of his game so I think that’s what does it. Like, I’d probably rate every other aspect of this dude’s game as an A-/A/A+ and then his deep ball comes in at like a C- lol
When he had Hill who could track the ball as well as anyone while on the move he was a solid B+.

I think the guys he has now aren't as good at that is part of the issue.
[Reply]
DRM08 03:04 PM 10-12-2023

He rifles the shit on a rope when he needs to lob it up and decides to put touch on it when a laser would work better. His deep accuracy has never been consistently good either.

For a dude with his arm strength you’d think that would be his strength but I think it might actually be the weakest part of his game.
The weird thing is he was better at the deep stuff in college. He would put more touch on the ball and allow the receivers to run under it.

But after watching those underthrown lob ball interceptions against the Jets, I guess we're better off seeing him throw an uncatchable bullet with too much juice that ends up incomplete on the ground.
[Reply]
O.city 03:04 PM 10-12-2023
Nah, it's never been really very good. Weird that it hasn't improved as much.

The one to Watson last week was a shit throw. Lead him down the middle of the field and it's a TD>
[Reply]
Rain Man 03:16 PM 10-12-2023
Originally Posted by DRM08:
The weird thing is he was better at the deep stuff in college. He would put more touch on the ball and allow the receivers to run under it.

But after watching those underthrown lob ball interceptions against the Jets, I guess we're better off seeing him throw an uncatchable bullet with too much juice that ends up incomplete on the ground.
On those two interceptions, my theory was that that temporary leg injury cost him some distance and/or power on the throws. He'll be fine going forward, of course, because he's a multiple MVP/Super Bowl MVP. (I love saying that.)
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 03:21 PM 10-12-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
Nah, it's never been really very good. Weird that it hasn't improved as much.

The one to Watson last week was a shit throw. Lead him down the middle of the field and it's a TD>
Disagree. He threw plenty of deep balls to MVS last year that hit the mark. But when those throws are only open once or twice a game it's hard to find a groove.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 03:40 PM 10-12-2023

:-)

Hill td vs Rams

Hill td vs Tampa

Hill td vs Raiders

Hill td vs Arizona

Hill td vs Ravens

Hardman td vs Ravens

Mvs huge gain twice vs Cinci

Mvs huge gain vs Niners

Watson huge gain vs Raiders

Watson td vs Chargers

Watkins td vs Titans

Hill td vs Chargers

Robinson td vs Washington

Robinson td vs Ravens

Robinson td vs Raiders

Hill td vs Philly

Hill huge gain vs Chargers (ot win)

And those are just ones I remember off the top of my head. The notion that he's a "shit deep ball thrower" is absolute bs spewed by someone who either doesn't know what a deep ball is or has only been following the Chiefs for a year imo.
[Reply]
Buehler445 04:31 PM 10-12-2023
You fucksticks are holding his deep ball performance to the standard of his absolutely fucking absurd intermediate throw performance.

Fucking Tom Brady missed a lot of deep balls to Randy fucking Moss.

The fact that he is a fucking alien on intermediate throws doesn't mean he's "shit" at the deep ball. And yes, receiving talent matters as you stretch it out.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 04:33 PM 10-12-2023
Originally Posted by DRM08:

He had that touch on throws in 2018 and 2019, too.

Patrick himself admitted he was off on deep throws for all of 2022. I think there’s a lot of recency bias in this discussion at the moment.
[Reply]
Monticore 04:39 PM 10-12-2023
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
He had that touch on throws in 2018 and 2019, too.

Patrick himself admitted he was off on deep throws for all of 2022. I think there’s a lot of recency bias in this discussion at the moment.
Teams don’t really give him chances to go deep anymore, lack of volume and game practice of those throws hurts.
[Reply]
R Clark 04:45 PM 10-12-2023
Originally Posted by RedRaider56:
If only the offense could convert 3rd and 1 or 4th and 1 opportunities. They would be unstoppable..
Seems like they have improved this yr
[Reply]
Buehler445 04:51 PM 10-12-2023
Moreover, if he has a "shit" deep ball why did he singlehandedly revive the 2 deep safety coverage concepts?
[Reply]
Page 2543 of 2693
« First < 1543204324432493253325392540254125422543 2544254525462547255325932643 > Last »
Up