ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 277 of 283
« First < 177227267273274275276277 278279280281 > Last »
Hall of Classics>****OFFICIAL Chiefs vs 49ers Super Bowl LIV Game Thread****
Hammock Parties 12:11 AM 02-02-2020
Let’s do this shit.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:54 AM 07-23-2020
Props to Niemann for knocking the fuck out of Garoppolo. Dude was completely different after that hit and I'm not sure we win without that happening.

Jimmy before the hit: 18/23, 195 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, 98.37 passer rating.

Jimmy after the hit: 2/8 24 yards, 0 TD, 1 INT, 0 passer rating.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 06:10 AM 07-23-2020
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
Had anyone else heard anyone criticizing Saleh?
I posted a 'when they knew' post with the agony on the faces of the coaches as Mahomes broke them one-by-one.

For the Texans and Titans, I posted the blank stares of the HCs. For the 49ers, it was Saleh's blank stare instead of LilShanny's.

Close enough? :-)
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:36 AM 07-23-2020
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
Like everyone else, I am still reliving the glory of the Super Bowl. I have seen all the post game breakdowns, by every person with an opinion, or so it seems. Plenty of blame has been laid at the feet of Kyle Shanahan, and some has been given to Jimmy G.

But, you know who has skated absolutely scott-free of any blame? Robert Saleh. I have not seen a single national, regional, or local pundit say a damn thing about his defense giving up 21 points in the 4th quarter. In fact, I don't even think any of YouTubers or pod casts people that I have listened to have said anything about his performance.

But, I feel like if the Niners had won, he would have received so much praise for stopping Mahomes. He was laughing on the sidelines right along with his players early in the 4th quarter. I am sure other coordinators have acted like that on the sidelines before, but I can't remember seeing any OC or DC laughing like a playoff game was over.

Had anyone else heard anyone criticizing Saleh?

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
Meh, I didn't really have any issues with his calls. His guys just got beat by superior firepower. Not many defenses in the history of the league would have enough left in the tank in the 4th quarter to rise up after chasing our guys around all game.

Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Props to Niemann for knocking the fuck out of Garoppolo. Dude was completely different after that hit and I'm not sure we win without that happening.

Jimmy before the hit: 18/23, 195 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, 98.37 passer rating.

Jimmy after the hit: 2/8 24 yards, 0 TD, 1 INT, 0 passer rating.
I've read some rumblings that many think that hit caused Jimmy G a slight concussion. I wouldn't be surprised because he was legitimately night and day from that point.
[Reply]
dlphg9 09:57 AM 07-23-2020
Hell if 2018 wasn't enough to scrub away any fear of us not coming back to win, then this year's playoff run and Super Bowl should have definitely taken away any last doubts. If this year you find yourself bitching and moaning about us being down and saying "oh we have no chance", then you truly are just a pessimistic pussy that just wants to whine.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 09:59 AM 07-23-2020
Niemann and Sorenson are people you want on your team. Will give it all they got no matter what
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:04 AM 07-23-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Hey all - I've noticed that a few folks have been deleting their posts that came directly after Pat's 2nd INT. Please don't do this. This thread is legitimately a fantastic primary source on the Chiefs' 2nd Super Bowl Championship. I know some folks may think they were too critical of Pat in those posts, but those posts represented the lowest point of the Super Bowl and a very hard moment after our half-century long wait to get back to the SB. With that said, those low posts during that time make the subsequent comeback that much more satisfying to read. If anyone is giving you grief for them, ignore them. We were all in this ride together and 50 years of heartbreak is something that's hard to bounce back from in that moment.

Seriously, I've read a lot of game-threads and instant reactions of the Super Bowl online. Chiefsplanet's is the best one and it isn't close, especially coming from a place that had a shared community like this for so long. Reading us share our incredible 4th quarter comeback is still one of my favorite things to do on a low day.
Fuck that shit. Anyone criticizing Mahomes during that game should literally be banned from CP. If that's too extreme, which I admit it may be, then they should most certainly be ridiculed relentlessly until they decide to leave on their own.

Chiefspants, please do not condone this behaivor. All ot does is enables these little bitches to continue to whine and be little bitches. It's sickening.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:06 AM 07-23-2020
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Meh, I didn't really have any issues with his calls. His guys just got beat by superior firepower. Not many defenses in the history of the league would have enough left in the tank in the 4th quarter to rise up after chasing our guys around all game.

I've read some rumblings that many think that hit caused Jimmy G a slight concussion. I wouldn't be surprised because he was legitimately night and day from that point.
I've seen people say he was holding his head and the ref was about to lead him into the concussion protocol.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:10 AM 07-23-2020
John Lynch will have nightmares for the rest of his life that he took his college pal Solomon Thomas over a God and then watched that man he passed over destroy his team in the SB.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 10:13 AM 07-23-2020

Great post
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:18 AM 07-23-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Hey all - I've noticed that a few folks have been deleting their posts that came directly after Pat's 2nd INT. Please don't do this. This thread is legitimately a fantastic primary source on the Chiefs' 2nd Super Bowl Championship. I know some folks may think they were too critical of Pat in those posts, but those posts represented the lowest point of the Super Bowl and a very hard moment after our half-century long wait to get back to the SB. With that said, those low posts during that time make the subsequent comeback that much more satisfying to read. If anyone is giving you grief for them, ignore them. We were all in this ride together and 50 years of heartbreak is something that's hard to bounce back from in that moment.

Seriously, I've read a lot of game-threads and instant reactions of the Super Bowl online. Chiefsplanet's is the best one and it isn't close, especially coming from a place that had a shared community like this for so long. Reading us share our incredible 4th quarter comeback is still one of my favorite things to do on a low day.
Yeah, that's like throwing away the preliminary drafts of the Constitution. It's a vital part of the historical record.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:32 AM 07-23-2020
Meh, I didn't really have any issues with his calls. His guys just got beat by superior firepower. Not many defenses t was in the history of the league would have enough left in the tank in the 4th quarter to rise up after chasing our guys around all game.
There is no need by some on here, to re-write history. Trash the defense or the coach. That SF defense was legit. They were a damn good defense.

The coach called the right play at the right time. They should have been up with 1:33 left in the Super Bowl. Thats not a coaching failure.

In no way did they lose because of their coach or defense. Their team didn't even "lose". Mahomes and our offense "won" the game. As history will show, as it would have against any team it faced that year in the SB.
[Reply]
suzzer99 11:34 AM 07-23-2020
Saleh's plan came one miracle play away from working. Or at least putting us into a 4th and 15 for the game.

That's why he hung his head after Wasp. He knew how close he was to choking us out, and now he was back in a dog fight.

He was sending extra guys all night. There's no reason to lay off the aggression on 3rd and 15. That's what bad coaches do. Mahomes will just pick you apart and get at least 10 for a 4th and short. 4th and 15 yeah - hang back at the sticks and play coverage. Or jailbreak.

Think about it as a Chiefs fan - which defense would you least like to play in either the AFC CG or SB again? For me it's SF by a long mile. I think SF was the better team all around. We just have a QB capable of making up that whole difference.
[Reply]
Bugeater 11:44 AM 07-23-2020
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Fuck that shit. Anyone criticizing Mahomes during that game should literally be banned from CP. If that's too extreme, which I admit it may be, then they should most certainly be ridiculed relentlessly until they decide to leave on their own.

Chiefspants, please do not condone this behaivor. All ot does is enables these little bitches to continue to whine and be little bitches. It's sickening.
OMG LOOK AT THIS BADASS CHIEFS FAN WISH I COULD BE JUST LIKE HIM
[Reply]
Kramerica 12:05 PM 07-23-2020
After the second pick, my buddy texted me, verbatim: "Mahomes sucks. Fuck Mahomes! He will never get a Super Bowl"

I thought it was pretty funny. He's a constant naysayer. I still demanded his fan card.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 12:23 PM 07-23-2020
Originally Posted by Kramerica:
After the second pick, my buddy texted me, verbatim: "Mahomes sucks. Fuck Mahomes! He will never get a Super Bowl"

I thought it was pretty funny. He's a constant naysayer. I still demanded his fan card.
I hope you gave him a FU back.
[Reply]
Page 277 of 283
« First < 177227267273274275276277 278279280281 > Last »
Up