ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 19 of 28
« First < 91516171819 20212223 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs sign former Bills Punter Matt Araiza
wazu 02:06 PM 02-22-2024

A big development in KC: Chiefs are signing former Bills punter Matt Araiza, per source.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) February 22, 2024

[Reply]
Azide22 02:22 AM 02-23-2024
Originally Posted by TLO:
Hoo boy

That's just honest to God unbelievable.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 03:08 AM 02-23-2024
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Resign Justin Reid at all costs
Reid isn’t a free agent till next season but I agree, gotta extend J Reid. He brings that physicality on the back end of the defense that every team wishes they had. He also led team in tackles including playoffs. Had 4.5 sacks this season too. Very solid player
[Reply]
ChiefsHawk 06:26 AM 02-23-2024
Originally Posted by cdcox:
IMO, it doesn’t make sense to pay top dollar for punters and kickers.

It seems that letting Townsend go for a cheaper alternative isn’t controversial.

I think a similar thought process applies to kickers. You can point to Butker and rightfully say the guy in nails going 7 for 7 on kicks over 50 yards in 2023, including playoffs. But plenty of kickers are reasonably accurate from 40 plus yards. Just trust your offense enough to gain the extra 10 yards to get within reliable FG range, rather than pay top $ for a kicker.
So you want to be in the same situation SF was in the super bowl and risk a missed PAT? You pay kickers, not punters.
[Reply]
Valiant 08:48 AM 02-23-2024
Originally Posted by ChiefsHawk:
So you want to be in the same situation SF was in the super bowl and risk a missed PAT? You pay kickers, not punters.
It is odd cdcox is stating that as he has been a fan since we had shitty kickers cost us playoff games.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 08:52 AM 02-23-2024

The #Chiefs signed Matt Araiza to a minimum deal with an injury split. So no financial risk as the champs give Araiza a chance to get his career back. https://t.co/snyVjQwAdv

— Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) February 23, 2024

[Reply]
raybec 4 09:00 AM 02-23-2024
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
I understand the "What about holding for the kick" crowd but you gotta save money where you can. If we want to keep any of our high priced FAs this is the type of move you have to make.
[Reply]
neech 09:14 AM 02-23-2024
The Bills forum generally says why did the Bills release him so quickly instead of waiting for the investigation to see if he clears it or not.

And that he would have to go to KC and why did they get rid of Townsend, I thought he was great for them.

Also they think the GM of the Bills (Brandon Beane) screwed that one up losing what could be an absolute stud for a punter.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:15 AM 02-23-2024
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
Awesome.

I’ve always wondered about the logistics of NFL pay. As far as I know, the guys get paid each week of the regular season. How does it work with guys who sign in the offseason? Does Araiza quit his job selling insurance now because he’ll receive some paychecks from KC?

He signed now, but if paychecks don’t get distributed until week 1 of the regular season, what happens to the guys who get cut in camp or the preseason? Do they just never receive a dime? Do they get some sort of severance? A stipend?
[Reply]
notorious 09:19 AM 02-23-2024
Originally Posted by neech:
The Bills forum generally says why did the Bills release him so quickly instead of waiting for the investigation to see if he clears it or not.

And that he would have to go to KC and why did they get rid of Townsend, I thought he was great for them.

Also they think the GM of the Bills (Brandon Beane) screwed that one up losing what could be an absolute stud for a punter.
We learned our lesson with Hunt, and waited out Hill's issue and it paid off bigtime.

I can't believe that other GM's don't learn from the mistakes of outside franchises.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 09:23 AM 02-23-2024
The Bills will eventually beat the Chiefs at least once in the postseason. They will fall into a 3 year comma immediately
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 09:25 AM 02-23-2024
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Awesome.

I’ve always wondered about the logistics of NFL pay. As far as I know, the guys get paid each week of the regular season. How does it work with guys who sign in the offseason? Does Araiza quit his job selling insurance now because he’ll receive some paychecks from KC?

He signed now, but if paychecks don’t get distributed until week 1 of the regular season, what happens to the guys who get cut in camp or the preseason? Do they just never receive a dime? Do they get some sort of severance? A stipend?
They get 18 checks during the season. His agent may get him a small signing bonus to tide him over until the season starts.
[Reply]
alanm 09:31 AM 02-23-2024
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Boy, the misery at twobillsdrive over this is palpable. They are broken. I almost feel sorry for them.

Almost. :-)
How do you feel sorry for stupid? :-)
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 09:31 AM 02-23-2024
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
I understand the "What about holding for the kick" crowd but you gotta save money where you can. If we want to keep any of our high priced FAs this is the type of move you have to make.
There are holding boot camps you can go to to work on that stuff. I think he'll be fine.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 09:38 AM 02-23-2024
Winchester is up to I believe. Panty wringers will need arthritis therapy
[Reply]
Dunerdr 09:50 AM 02-23-2024
We just wecomed our 5th first ballot HOF'er onto the roster.
[Reply]
Page 19 of 28
« First < 91516171819 20212223 > Last »
Up