« First < 678910 11121314 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Raiders
TLO 09:01 PM 10-02-2022
Monday Night Football at Arrowhead.

Talk about it in here.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 06:45 AM 10-06-2022
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
We don’t have a good CB to match up with Adams (would have liked to see McDuffie against him), so he’s probably gonna go off. That’s okay though. They have nothing else we’ll need to worry about on offense.
This is absurd. They've got Waller, Renfrow, and Jacobs.

We just lost to a Colts team with far less firepower.
[Reply]
ChiTown 06:52 AM 10-06-2022
My apologies if this hasn’t already been asked and answered, but are we expecting Danna and Butker back for the Raiders game?
[Reply]
O.city 06:54 AM 10-06-2022
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
I think we read into these things too much most of the time, but there's always a little nugget of stuff here and there.

Tyreek has done his thing with teh podcast and such driving traffic and clicks etc. I get it. All the things he's said and done, we all understand it. He's having a great year in Miami, dude is just a great player.

But (maybe I'm just reading to much into it) you can kinda see some "yeah.....we have a good offense but that's just different....." shyness come out there a bit. Tyreek ain't dumb. He knows what we all know, a bit of it seeped out there.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 06:56 AM 10-06-2022

[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 07:01 AM 10-06-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:

Waller has been a shadow of his usual self so far this year. He's dating a gal that plays for the LV WNBA team and I fear he is cuntstruck. Dude dropped three, yes 3, TD passes that should have been easy plays for him against Tenn, one of which he deflected up in the air for an easy INT in the EZ.

Renfrow hasn't played in a couple weeks due to a concussion, and last I saw still isn't practicing.

Jacobs is looking beastly so far this year.

Oh, and we are down a couple CB's due to injuries and our best LB is out with a concussion.
[Reply]
ptlyon 07:14 AM 10-06-2022
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
My apologies if this hasn’t already been asked and answered, but are we expecting Danna and Butker back for the Raiders game?
I doubt it. We will be resting all of our starters for this game.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:16 AM 10-06-2022
Silence?

Fuck my social media feeds are LOADED with praise for Tyreek after the stuff he said.

I don't understand why people need to manufacture drama when it comes to Hill. Who fucking cares? He said mean things, he said nice things. Pretty much everybody appreciates what he did here.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 07:54 AM 10-06-2022

Renfrow's injured. Waller has been garbage this year and while Jacobs went off against the Donks last week, it was, well, the Donks. And the Chiefs have been one of the best run defenses in the league so far. Part of that is we've been able to get up on teams early (Cards, Bucs) which has kind of taken the running game out of the equation and forced them to pass more. So if we can get up early on the Faid, Jacobs will be a non-factor.

Like I said before, not really worried about any one on their offense except for Adams. We don't have a good matchup for him.

But WBF.

Oh, and the Colts game was a fluke, an anomaly, mostly a special teams disaster. It's one of those games that you look back at the end of the year and go 'how the fuck did we lose to that team'. I mean, be honest, which Chiefs team do you believe is for real? The one we saw against the Colts or the one we've seen against the Bucs, Cards and Chargers?
[Reply]
Direckshun 08:36 AM 10-06-2022
I actually think the Raiders are going to be a little tougher than usual this week. I like our secondary a ton but I don't know if we have an answer for what Adams can do with Waller working underneath. It's not inconceivable that this team puts up 25 on us if Jacobs can get going -- but at this point I think we have to trust that the Chiefs run defense can bottle him up.

Still, Adams/Waller/Renfrow is a tough trio, Adams/Waller especially. It will be another good challenge to get this young secondary experience. Although it may all be for naught if the DL comes to play and puts Carr on his ass a half dozen times.

I like the Raiders pass rush -- not a ton, but enough. I think they have good blitzers, and I like their safeties and a corner they have. But none of that is going to matter if Mahomes and Reid show up to play. Mahomes has been really resilient and good in primetime spots this year, and the Raiders at home on MNF... if they can run the ball again, the Chiefs may not punt. I think this is a Top 2 offense in the NFL when they can run effectively. They didn't even need to punt against the Bucs, there's just no answer for this offense at all if they can run the ball.

But even if they can't run the ball, Mahomes is going to get his. I'd be legit shocked if the Chiefs don't top 30. If they're clicking like they were against the Bucs, they can top 50 on this defense.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:43 AM 10-06-2022
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Waller has been a shadow of his usual self so far this year. He's dating a gal that plays for the LV WNBA team and I fear he is cuntstruck. Dude dropped three, yes 3, TD passes that should have been easy plays for him against Tenn, one of which he deflected up in the air for an easy INT in the EZ.

Renfrow hasn't played in a couple weeks due to a concussion, and last I saw still isn't practicing.

Jacobs is looking beastly so far this year.

Oh, and we are down a couple CB's due to injuries and our best LB is out with a concussion.
If he dropped 3 TDs then that means he was open three different times and the QB dropped a good pass on him three different times.

We can't expect him to do that every week. He's a talented player. He can hurt us.

I was unaware of Renfrow, though. That should help us big time.

Only thing on your defense I'm worried about is the pass rush. I'm hoping Maxx Crosby's daughter is born on Monday night and he either misses the game or is totally distracted lol

Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
Oh, and the Colts game was a fluke, an anomaly, mostly a special teams disaster. It's one of those games that you look back at the end of the year and go 'how the fuck did we lose to that team'. I mean, be honest, which Chiefs team do you believe is for real? The one we saw against the Colts or the one we've seen against the Bucs, Cards and Chargers?
I think it's too early to say definitively. We dominated the Cards, dominated the Bucs and also got lucky, got dominated by the Chargers but got lucky, and generally looked like shit against the Colts.

I think we're a top 5 team but we are not incapable of going out there and laying another egg.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:45 AM 10-06-2022
If we handle the Raiders running game the way we did the Colts, we probably win big.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:13 AM 10-06-2022

[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:39 AM 10-06-2022
Why do you consistently post shit where it makes absolutely zero sense? Good god..
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:42 AM 10-06-2022
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
Why do you consistently post shit where it makes absolutely zero sense? Good god..
He can't start threads...
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:53 AM 10-06-2022

True if you totally ignore we lost due to ST, dropped passes, and a dumb**** penalty. Their "firepower" had jack or shit to do with KC losing.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 15
« First < 678910 11121314 > Last »
Up