Page 16 of 25
« First < 61213141516 17181920 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Deshaun Watson Suspended 6 Games [increased to 11 games]
Rams Fan 06:35 AM 08-01-2022

Deshaun Watson suspended six games. https://t.co/WfC74deQM6

— ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk) August 1, 2022

[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:29 AM 08-04-2022
I see a pretty big difference in a serial sexual assaulter and player tampering.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:41 AM 08-04-2022
If this goes to Court you'd have to assume the NFLPA is immediately going to point to the CBA stating the owners must be held to a higher standard. Kraft was actually charged with 2 counts of misdemeanor solicitation of prostitution and only got off on a technicality because the proof wasn't usable in court. If a player did the same there's no way the NFL doesn't hammer them a bit.

As far as the arbitration goes, yes, the owners and their behavior wasn't t really a factor. As we go forward though it may become the deciding factor, depending on how the NFLPA goes about defending Watson.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 06:17 AM 08-04-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
If this goes to Court you'd have to assume the NFLPA is immediately going to point to the CBA stating the owners must be held to a higher standard. Kraft was actually charged with 2 counts of misdemeanor solicitation of prostitution and only got off on a technicality because the proof wasn't usable in court. If a player did the same there's no way the NFL doesn't hammer them a bit.

As far as the arbitration goes, yes, the owners and their behavior wasn't t really a factor. As we go forward though it may become the deciding factor, depending on how the NFLPA goes about defending Watson.
Yes, although I still believe the arbiter made the decision she believed would avoid federal lawsuit. Keep in mind the nflpa will accept 6 games. It’s the nfl that is deciding to go further. They are daring the nflpa to sue. Which may end up being wildly arrogant.

Kraft is a light example. Jerry jones enabled criminal behavior by covering up for an exec peeping Tom. Daniel snyder beyond enabling a toxic workplace was practically prostituting cheerleaders out and sending nudes out without permission.

And if you’re the nflpa why wouldn’t you sue the pants off of the nfl. In particular goodell. Goodell is showing that he is still trying to play God. By not accepting the results of independent arbitration. Tampering with investigations (snyder). Creating arbitrary punishments for another owner (Ross). Looking the other way for another (jones). He could’ve easily just let arbiters handle ALL of these cases. But he had to put his own stamp on it and federal court would have a field day questioning fairness in all of this.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 06:29 AM 08-04-2022
This is where goodells moronic personal conduct scheme falls apart. This is a league where punishing one player or team gives an advantage to the other 31 teams. That gives jimmy haslem basis to sue. It gives Watson the basis to sue for discrimination. It gives the nflpa basis to sue for arbitrarily cutting off player wages - even a single game too many is unjust when it means lost salary. The minute he doesn’t accept arbitration it becomes his decision that he has to get precisely right.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 08:21 AM 08-04-2022
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
He wasn't placed on the exempt list because the Texans were clear they were going to make a move before the NFL had to.

Sitting at home and collecting nearly 20 million isn't a punishment at all though and should have zero weight on what he deserves to get.

The NFL is only in a bind here because they self-made one so oh well, **** em.
Yes, and they decided not to play him and they had no trade partners due to the allegations. He was basically suspended. Any competitive athlete seeing sitting out 23 games as punishment. As I said in my prior posts, the monetary mitigation wasn't enough. If they NFL now fined him 20 mil, or his last years salary, and suspended him the additional 6 games this year, or 23 total. That seems fair. It's is thought that he paid $100k to each who settled,, with lawyers take $100k, or $200 total, or around $5 mil. $25 million and 23 games for being a creep and asking for handies during massages seems appropriate. The NFL should impose this level of fine, as the Brown structured his contract to avoid this scenario.

On a second note, I hope my wife or daughter if asked non-violently to to said acts by a client, would tell him to go pound sand and never go back and report it. Some didn't, some consented, and some went back, but no one reported until March of '21.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:29 AM 08-04-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
I said a couple weeks ago the Browns also need to face punishment by the NFL for being such reckless pukes rewarding a scumbag like Watson in the manner which they did without doing their due diligence or being patient and waiting. I get if the market was forcing a deal at the time and they wanted in on it, they had to make something work, particularly since Watson told them to get fucked on the money and the draft picks. Ultimately, it's a failing of the NFL that they let any of this shit go through without properly pushing a pause button until they figured their shit out.

The statement from Haslem is just proof of what scum they are in Cleveland. As far as I'm concerned, they're no longer lovable losers. They're just losers now. And they're deserving of forever wandering the desert, never tasting from the cup of victory.

Since the NFL won't be fining or punishing the Browns in any way, I hope Watson gets horrifically injured and the Browns go back into the toilet as a result of their ridiculous contract.

Fuck them. Fuck them to death.
Wrong. The best case scenario is Watson sucks. It’s not outside the realm of possibility given how long he’s sat. Unlikely but not impossible. Best case scenario is he sucks 9 kinds of ass and they keep giving him time hoping he’ll regain what he had.

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Yes, although I still believe the arbiter made the decision she believed would avoid federal lawsuit. Keep in mind the nflpa will accept 6 games. It’s the nfl that is deciding to go further. They are daring the nflpa to sue. Which may end up being wildly arrogant.

Kraft is a light example. Jerry jones enabled criminal behavior by covering up for an exec peeping Tom. Daniel snyder beyond enabling a toxic workplace was practically prostituting cheerleaders out and sending nudes out without permission.

And if you’re the nflpa why wouldn’t you sue the pants off of the nfl. In particular goodell. Goodell is showing that he is still trying to play God. By not accepting the results of independent arbitration. Tampering with investigations (snyder). Creating arbitrary punishments for another owner (Ross). Looking the other way for another (jones). He could’ve easily just let arbiters handle ALL of these cases. But he had to put his own stamp on it and federal court would have a field day questioning fairness in all of this.
OK. So what did I miss with the Jerry Jones shit? He covered up a peeping Tom? How did I miss this.

Also, if I’m a good citizen I’m calling everybody in the NFLPA that will listen and tell them to fuck off with this suing shit. As a good citizen, the NFLPA needs to leverage everything it can to achieve a higher percentage of revenue. Past that, the NFLPA should lower the dues by NOT hiring a bunch of lawyers to get another 11 games for a fucking creep. Fuck that.

Say Blake Bell for instance. If I’m Blake Bell I’m on the horn with the NFLPA. The NFLPA represents Blake Bell to the same extent as Watson. That would wind me up pretty tight.
[Reply]
scho63 11:39 AM 08-04-2022
The guy belongs in jail.

He was deemed a "serial offender."
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 11:58 AM 08-04-2022
Money makes alot of things go way
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 12:14 PM 08-04-2022
I disagree. We all know this was a soft punishment. She intentionally made it very soft forcing the nfls hand to appeal.

Sue Robinson could have easily split the difference and called for a half season. She favored the nflpa. Why would she do that for a player whose behavior is blatantly worse than other players accused of the same shit? The nflpa has easy accusations of discrimination and I’d have to imagine she was well aware of that. And the nflpa, Watson and browns have made it very clear they would bring a federal lawsuit if they made it 1 year. Why else would they, except to complain about disparate punishment.

You should read her opinion. Her punishment was based on prior discipline handed out by the NFL. Prior to this case other allegations of non-violent sexual assault resulted in the most severe penalty being a 3 game suspension of a player who had previously been warned. A 6 game suspension was the highest punishment ever for allegations of non-violent sexual conduct.
[Reply]
BWillie 12:17 PM 08-04-2022
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:
You should read her opinion. Her punishment was based on prior discipline handed out by the NFL. Prior to this case other allegations of non-violent sexual assault resulted in the most severe penalty being a 3 game suspension of a player who had previously been warned. A 6 game suspension was the highest punishment ever for allegations of non-violent sexual conduct.
Hold on...a logical argument? Gtfoh. This is Chiefsplanet
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 12:33 PM 08-04-2022
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Wrong. The best case scenario is Watson sucks. It’s not outside the realm of possibility given how long he’s sat. Unlikely but not impossible. Best case scenario is he sucks 9 kinds of ass and they keep giving him time hoping he’ll regain what he had.

OK. So what did I miss with the Jerry Jones shit? He covered up a peeping Tom? How did I miss this.

Also, if I’m a good citizen I’m calling everybody in the NFLPA that will listen and tell them to **** off with this suing shit. As a good citizen, the NFLPA needs to leverage everything it can to achieve a higher percentage of revenue. Past that, the NFLPA should lower the dues by NOT hiring a bunch of lawyers to get another 11 games for a ****ing creep. **** that.

Say Blake Bell for instance. If I’m Blake Bell I’m on the horn with the NFLPA. The NFLPA represents Blake Bell to the same extent as Watson. That would wind me up pretty tight.
Jerry Jones had an employer putting hidden cameras with cheerleaders. Then covered it up for 6 years. They settled with the cheerleaders but there was no personal conduct penalty.

And the nflpa should fight like hell. Again we are not talking about replying on arbitrator decisions. We are talking about a commissioner playing God and spinning the wheel to decide what penalties are warranted. That includes allowing owners like Robert Kraft decide penalties for his rivals like he did with ray rice.

Believe me I would love for Watson to be out of the league for a long time on this. And I hope he does get punished severely. But how long is goodell going to get away with this? If this finally takes him down 100 pegs, then good. All he has to do is butt out and let the arbitrator decide. But he can't do that. Every single person who gets hit with a rogue discretionary punishment should sue the pants off of goodell. Stephen Ross should too. You can't selectively punish people with no consistent guidelines in a league that relies on competitive balance.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:39 PM 08-04-2022
Jerry Jones had an employer putting hidden cameras with cheerleaders. Then covered it up for 6 years. They settled with the cheerleaders but there was no personal conduct penalty.

And the nflpa should fight like hell. Again we are not talking about replying on arbitrator decisions. We are talking about a commissioner playing God and spinning the wheel to decide what penalties are warranted. That includes allowing owners like Robert Kraft decide penalties for his rivals like he did with ray rice.

Believe me I would love for Watson to be out of the league for a long time on this. And I hope he does get punished severely. But how long is goodell going to get away with this? If this finally takes him down 100 pegs, then good. All he has to do is butt out and let the arbitrator decide. But he can't do that. Every single person who gets hit with a rogue discretionary punishment should sue the pants off of goodell. Stephen Ross should too. You can't selectively punish people with no consistent guidelines in a league that relies on competitive balance.
Agreed. But the NFLPA negotiated those terms into the CBA. And I’ve heard from multiple players that it really isn’t an issue for most players because most players aren’t in trouble.

And the position of Fuck Roger Goodell and wanting the NFLPA to represent my interests aren’t mutually exclusive.

But let’s be real here. Essentially Goodell=ownership. On all this shit the dude is talking to the owners and doing whatever they want because if he doesn’t they’ll fire him and get someone in that will. So raging against Rog isn’t going to do any good. For virtually anybody.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 12:42 PM 08-04-2022
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:
There isnt a precedent for serial sexual assault. So with that, Robinson could easily have made the case for harsher. She isn't necessarily wrong but She took a very very safe route. I think very few people would disagree that zekes punishment seemed overly harsh while watsons felt overly ligut for the same 6 games.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 12:47 PM 08-04-2022
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Agreed. But the NFLPA negotiated those terms into the CBA. And I’ve heard from multiple players that it really isn’t an issue for most players because most players aren’t in trouble.

And the position of **** Roger Goodell and wanting the NFLPA to represent my interests aren’t mutually exclusive.

But let’s be real here. Essentially Goodell=ownership. On all this shit the dude is talking to the owners and doing whatever they want because if he doesn’t they’ll fire him and get someone in that will. So raging against Rog isn’t going to do any good. For virtually anybody.
But they also negotiated in the CBA holding owners to a higher standard than players. I think the nflpa would be ok with it but they see the horrible double standard and are understandably pissed about it.

Much as the owners own goodell I think personal conduct is a little different. This is an area where goodell has gone rogue and has pissed off a lot of owners along the way.
[Reply]
louie aguiar 06:21 PM 08-04-2022
Leading by example…

Deshaun Watson has gone all training camp without being sued for sexual assault. If that's not maturity, I don't know what is.

— Barry (@BarryOnHere) August 4, 2022

[Reply]
Page 16 of 25
« First < 61213141516 17181920 > Last »
Up