View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 52 of 343
« First < 2424849505152 5354555662102152 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:36 PM 06-18-2022
Originally Posted by kccrow:
If it were actually 2-3 AAV then it would be a moot discussion but it's 7-8 AAV and that's another good starter. It's not just about him not being worth the top pay at the position because he's fully a tier below that and that's the exception people are taking. He's not good enough to command that salary and the issue is that the Chiefs will pay it because they basically have to. Their chance to address it was making a move to 17 for Trevor Penning this year and they didn't do it.
And thank fucking god they didn't because that would've been terrible.
[Reply]
kccrow 02:38 PM 06-18-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
And thank fucking god they didn't because that would've been terrible.
How so?
[Reply]
BWillie 02:40 PM 06-18-2022
You are beyond ****ing reeruned.

Mahomes did not "draft CEH with your 1st", and he's not the guy making the decision to sign Orlando Brown to an extension.

You have to be absolutely ****ing clueless to beleive this.

And :-) @ "any skinny LT"

This is one of the dumbest post I've seen on CP all year.
No, Colonel Sanders, you're wrong. Mama's right. You're all wrong. Mama's right.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:40 PM 06-18-2022
How so?
1. Trevor Penning was not a top 20 prospect IMO.

2. Trevor Penning has serious bust potential.

3. We needed to use our resources on defense, not create a gaping hole on offense to then use our most significant draft resources to fill it.
[Reply]
RealSNR 02:42 PM 06-18-2022
How so?

Trade up for Trevor Penning.

Lose the draft picks for Orlando Brown.

You’re starting to approach a ridiculous amount of draft stock all for a year of Brown and a rookie.

At some point those draft picks are worth more than the cap space
[Reply]
kccrow 02:42 PM 06-18-2022
You are beyond fucking reeruned.

Mahomes did not "draft CEH with your 1st", and he's not the guy making the decision to sign Orlando Brown to an extension.

You have to be absolutely fucking clueless to beleive this.

And :-) @ "any skinny LT"

This is one of the dumbest post I've seen on CP all year.
I do agree it's not Mahomes making that decision.

I think I understand what he's saying about "skinny LT" but I'm not sure haha. OBJ could improve a lot by getting down to 335 instead of 375 IMO but I'm not sure I want a LT that's always struggling to be 305 either. OBJ isn't bad, he's very average to me. I won't care if he's re-signed. The Chiefs had their chances to go another direction and they didn't, which is as telling as anything. I just highly prefer KC doesn't give him a top-shelf contract, that's my beef.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:45 PM 06-18-2022
I think I understood what he meant by "skinny LT" as well, it was the "any" part that was fucking ridiculously stupid.

It's never that simple, especially when talking about a position like LT.
[Reply]
RealSNR 02:46 PM 06-18-2022
I said it previously. 2021 was the year to draft a LT for the Chiefs if you were going to go for what made the most sense cap-wise.

It’s kind of too late to switch horses midstream. Given how he played on the Ravens, do any of you think the Chiefs were expecting greater play from OBJ when they made the trade? He pretty much played exactly like how I expected he would.

It’s why I was meh on trading for him in the first place. But he’s here, he’s got things we can work with. So let’s fucking go.
[Reply]
RealSNR 02:48 PM 06-18-2022
And before anybody brings it up… don’t you think there’s a reason why Eric Fisher is still a free agent?

He’s not a suitable option, either.
[Reply]
BWillie 02:53 PM 06-18-2022
I think I understood what he meant by "skinny LT" as well, it was the "any" part that was ****ing ridiculously stupid.

It's never that simple, especially when talking about a position like LT.
Notice I said "like big Fish". You know, Eric Fisher.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:54 PM 06-18-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Notice I said "like big Fish". You know, Eric Fisher.
You want to sign Eric Fisher who remains a free agent, is 31 years old, and is coming off by far his worst season since his first couple?

Even ignoring all of that, I don't even feel comfortable in his ability to stay healthy at this point.
[Reply]
-King- 02:55 PM 06-18-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:

You’re starting to approach a ridiculous amount of draft stock all for a year of Brown and a rookie.

If we did that we would have been able to trade Orlando and seeing as how he's this big premier LT on the cusp of being elite, that would have netted us a lot of picks.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:57 PM 06-18-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
If we did that we would have been able to trade Orlando and seeing as how he's this big premier LT on the cusp of being elite, that would have netted us a lot of picks.
We traded the equivalent of a 2nd round pick for him, and you think we could've gotten more when he's no longer cheap for the first year?

He might've given you the pick it would've taken to trade up in front of NO for Penning.

And you'd still have to fix the defense without a guy like McDuffie in the fold.

Not to mention Penning is a bit of a project with a high bust potential.
[Reply]
kccrow 02:57 PM 06-18-2022
1. Trevor Penning was not a top 20 prospect IMO.

2. Trevor Penning has serious bust potential.

3. We needed to use our resources on defense, not create a gaping hole on offense to then use our most significant draft resources to fill it.
I do disagree on 1 and 2, quite substantially. The only one I liked more was Cross at LT and he went 9. It's moot anyhow though.

I do agree on 3, which is what makes it hard and I've said that before in this thread.

Originally Posted by RealSNR:

It's a lot of cap space but at the figures they are talking about, I'm not sure it doesn't equal out.

Case-in-point. Let's say it cost us McDuffie and Cook for Penning. You can retain Ward and sign Marcus Williams for about the same AAV. And if you look at the cap hits per year, you'd also be within range of where OBJ should end up in total. Maybe the combination is a bit high in year 3. Would Ward, Williams, and Penning be better than OBJ, McDuffie, and Cook? Don't know for sure and it's pure speculation. I do know Ward and Williams are two of the top players at their respective positions in the NFL.

It all won't matter now, the Chiefs will re-sign OBJ. Hopefully, he continues to improve and does ascend to being very much worth it. Right now though, I don't think he's there and I don't like that Mahomes had to change how he plays to accommodate it.
[Reply]
BWillie 03:01 PM 06-18-2022
You want to sign Eric Fisher who remains a free agent, is 31 years old, and is coming off by far his worst season since his first couple?

Even ignoring all of that, I don't even feel comfortable in his ability to stay healthy at this point.
Now Tristan Wirfs. He might be worth it. But even then I wouldn't opt to spend the money. Its like none of you have watched Mahomes play before. When does he step up into the pocket and utilize pocket presence that would maximize a good LT? He doesn't play that way. If Tom Brady, Matt Stafford, Matt Ryan, Kirk Cousins were our QB I'd be all in on it...but they aren't.
[Reply]
Page 52 of 343
« First < 2424849505152 5354555662102152 > Last »
Up