ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 54 of 146
« First < 4445051525354 5556575864104 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let’s talk about the Eagles (Super Bowl edition!)
RunKC 09:23 PM 01-29-2023
Well fellas what do we think?
[Reply]
ModSocks 04:37 PM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
I mean what is it? Did he just turn his ankle?
Looks like when he planted, his ankle was turned inward, pigeon footed.
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:45 PM 02-01-2023
I just reviewed PHI regular season schedule and had a thought; they've never faced an Andy Reid style offense. Not even close, in terms of creativity and unpredictability. The only team they played that had a seed kernel of Andy's offensive philosophy was JAX in week 4-5. And Pederson probably was still just installing the basics at that point.

Andy may be able to design their defense into the same kinds of errors that he got SF with in week 7. Take advantage of their tendencies for big plays while simultaneously negating much of their pass-rushing effectiveness.

On the other side of the coin, it also doesn't look like they faced very many top-tier DCs this season. Most of their opposing DCs are middle of the pack guys or coordinators that lean heavily on their particular scheme and talent. But not a ton of creativity from the first look at it.

Again, this game looks like it'll be won in the trenches, but I don't think it'll be as cut-and-dried as which team has the better players at each position. I think Andy will scheme a gameplan similar to the one he used against SF, trying to take advantage of their DLs tendencies.

And I think Spags is going to try and make Hurts see ghosts with a multitude of different looks early in the game, and maybe take his chances on Jalen having some success running the ball. PHI isn't going to win this game with Jalen running the ball 10+ times anyway. It just takes too long against Andy and Pat. They're going to have to win the game through the air on the strength of Jalen's arm. Our DL is going to have to get pressure similar to how they did vs. CIN, despite the fact that the Eagles OL is much better than the one they faced in CIN, and our secondary is going to be tested again by a very accurate QB, who probably will have more opportunities than Burrow did last week, simply because his OL is going to block better.

But it's the exotic looks and pressures that Spags will bring that probably will be the deciding factor here. If Jalen is a better processor than we think, he'll dissect the exotic looks and pressures and move the chains/score TDs.

If he's not, or if the injury is worse than many think, Spags is going to dominate Jalen, and it won't really matter how many yards they get on the ground.
[Reply]
O.city 04:46 PM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Yea looked like a mild ankle sprain. I think he'll play.
The trainer on Twitter seemed to think it wouldn't be that bad. I guess we will see.
[Reply]
staylor26 04:49 PM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
The trainer on Twitter seemed to think it wouldn't be that bad. I guess we will see.
He was walking on it after and after the game.
[Reply]
raybec 4 04:51 PM 02-01-2023
I've seen differing opinions here on CP about Juju. Some say he was walking around after the game and some say he was hobbling on one leg. Anyone seen anything real?
[Reply]
Frazod 04:52 PM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
It's insane to me, especially considering Favre + Rodgers over 3 decades have one title each and I think that was Rodgers' only NFCCG win, paired with the complete lack of parity in the AFC over 2+ decades.

Delhomme, Kaep, Rex Fucking Grossman, Cam Newton, Grapes.... yikes.
The Packers are like the Patriots. For decades they feasted on a weak division - the Lions were almost always horrible, the Bears were generally horrible, and the Vikings were usually average at best. Dogshit divisions that never seem to improve make for a great annual playoff launching pad.

Of course, unlike the Patriots, once they got there they crapped themselves, 28 times out of 30. Ouch.
[Reply]
staylor26 04:57 PM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
I've seen differing opinions here on CP about Juju. Some say he was walking around after the game and some say he was hobbling on one leg. Anyone seen anything real?
Both things are true, apparently he was struggling to go down the steps and into the locker room, but he was also walking around on the field after the game.

I don't think he'd play if the game were this week, but people are underestimating what an extra week can do.
[Reply]
DRM08 04:57 PM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
Burrow Chase Mixon Higgins 100 percent as opposed to the top 3 KC WRs out, Pat on 1 leg, and Kelce with a back injury. Sneed oit Gay out...ya they were healthy comparatively.
The Bengals offense was not as healthy as the Eagles offense, which is the challenge for the Chiefs defense. Obviously the KC offense had major injury problems going on. Gotta hope they'll be in better shape for the next game.
[Reply]
staylor26 05:01 PM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by DRM08:
The Bengals offense was not as healthy as the Eagles offense, which is the challenge for the Chiefs defense. Obviously the KC offense had major injury problems going on. Gotta hope they'll be in better shape for the next game.
The Bengals offense might not be as healthy, but it still scared me more.

It's kind of odd how you went from blowing smoke up the Bengals ass all week to now downplaying them to blow smoke up the Eagles ass.
[Reply]
O.city 05:03 PM 02-01-2023
The Eagles offense is really good. Just different than the Bengals.

I would imagine it helps having played the Ravens so much as it's similar style wise.
[Reply]
DRM08 05:04 PM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
I just reviewed PHI regular season schedule and had a thought; they've never faced an Andy Reid style offense. Not even close, in terms of creativity and unpredictability. The only team they played that had a seed kernel of Andy's offensive philosophy was JAX in week 4-5. And Pederson probably was still just installing the basics at that point.
Good chunk of that Jaguars & Eagles game was played in heavy rain, which probably helped Philly's defense. And I think we can all agree Trevor Lawrence was a much better player in the later part of the season than he was in that Week 4 game.
[Reply]
DRM08 05:08 PM 02-01-2023
The Bengals offense might not be as healthy, but it still scared me more.

It's kind of odd how you went from blowing smoke up the Bengals ass all week to now downplaying them to blow smoke up the Eagles ass.
I respect the hell out of both Cincy & Philly. They're both very good teams on both sides of the ball. Are we supposed to pretend the Bengals didn't have a bunch of starting OL guys missing? If we are going that path, then we don't get to complain about KC missing a bunch of starting OL guys in the Tampa Super Bowl.

Eagles offense is unquestionably healthier than the Bengals offense, so we will see how much impact that might have on the success of the KC defense in slowing them down. Flip side is hopefully the Chiefs offense is also much healthier than last game. That would be pretty damn helpful in this game.
[Reply]
staylor26 05:15 PM 02-01-2023
I respect the hell out of both Cincy & Philly. They're both very good teams on both sides of the ball. Are we supposed to pretend the Bengals didn't have a bunch of starting OL guys missing? If we are going that path, then we don't get to complain about KC missing a bunch of starting OL guys in the Tampa Super Bowl.

Eagles offense is unquestionably healthier than the Bengals offense, so we will see how much impact that might have on the success of the KC defense in slowing them down. Flip side is hopefully the Chiefs offense is also much healthier than last game. That would be pretty damn helpful in this game.
No, I'm just pointing out that your tune has changed a whole lot since last week, and you knew their OL was banged up going into the game.
[Reply]
DRM08 05:18 PM 02-01-2023
No, I'm just pointing out that your tune has changed a whole lot since last week, and you knew their OL was banged up going into the game.
I didn’t expect it to have much impact based on Cincy’s performance against Buffalo and the fact Joe Burrow gets rid of the ball super quick, perhaps quicker than any QB in football. In the 2022 regular season game, KC got essentially zero pressure on him.
[Reply]
ModSocks 05:22 PM 02-01-2023
I didn’t expect it to have much impact based on Cincy’s performance against Buffalo and the fact Joe Burrow gets rid of the ball super quick, perhaps quicker than any QB in football. In the 2022 regular season game, KC got essentially zero pressure on him.
Well that's kind of silly. The Bills don't have the horses we have up front AND they were playing in snow, AND they were playing soft zones on the backend. That's a recipe for disaster. It was an awful gameplan based on the circumstances.

Had i seen you write that shit i woulda given you a hard time too.
[Reply]
Page 54 of 146
« First < 4445051525354 5556575864104 > Last »
Up