ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: What 2 teams should the B12 add...?
Air Force 9 9.09%
BYU 32 32.32%
Boise State 24 24.24%
Cincinnati 32 32.32%
Colorado State University 18 18.18%
EbolAIDS 15 15.15%
Houston 23 23.23%
Marshall 5 5.05%
Memphis 16 16.16%
New Mexico 3 3.03%
SMU 7 7.07%
University of Central Florida 18 18.18%
University of Connecticut 6 6.06%
University of South Florida 8 8.08%
Other (List) 8 8.08%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll
Page 10 of 33
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Conference Realignment Spin-off: Who should the B12 add...?
mikeyis4dcats. 12:15 PM 12-09-2014
ah, maybe I ****ed up. I guess KU started a week later than everyone else. didn't notice that when I started my argument. LOL

ll these Thursday games fuck everything up.
[Reply]
Saul Good 12:17 PM 12-09-2014
Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats.:
ah, maybe I ****ed up. I guess KU started a week later than everyone else. didn't notice that when I started my argument. LOL

ll these Thursday games fuck everything up.
Thank God. I didn't think you were dumb. Glad I was right.
[Reply]
Saul Good 12:16 PM 12-09-2014
Bye 1: before Auburn
Bye 2: before Oklahoma
Bye 3: before West Virginia
[Reply]
RustShack 12:42 PM 12-09-2014
I don't see why the Big12 would get that waiver when the B1G never could(if they even tried I guess?)

But you would think the other conferences would want us to stay at 10 and continue to beat on each other instead of having a few more free wins like all the other conferences.
[Reply]
Saul Good 02:23 PM 12-09-2014
Originally Posted by RustShack:
I don't see why the Big12 would get that waiver when the B1G never could(if they even tried I guess?)

But you would think the other conferences would want us to stay at 10 and continue to beat on each other instead of having a few more free wins like all the other conferences.
They aren't really free wins for the Big 12 considering the fact that you have the worst OOC winning percentage of any major conference, but I understand your point. Wouldn't want Baylor to play SMU, The Incarnate Word, Lamar, and La Petite in the OOC and still get Memphis, Cincy, Kansas, Texas Tech, and Kansas in conference. Nine free wins would be a pretty nice head start.
[Reply]
Eleazar 02:32 PM 12-09-2014
Originally Posted by Saul Good:
Wouldn't want Baylor to play SMU, The Incarnate Word, Lamar, and La Petite in the OOC and still get Memphis, Cincy, Kansas, Texas Tech, and Kansas in conference. Nine free wins would be a pretty nice head start.
Baylor will sleep better at night knowing that if the team plane crashes and they have to play with walk-ons they'd still be able to get bowl eligible.
[Reply]
Bambi 10:01 PM 12-09-2014
well I know who I want...

I found another huge hoop fan. @NickLachey is hoping Cincy someday is in the Big 12: pic.twitter.com/49UghNf2fe

— Andy Katz (@ESPNAndyKatz) December 10, 2014

[Reply]
Bowser 10:11 PM 12-09-2014
What Nick Lachey wants, NICK LACHEY GETS
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 10:14 PM 12-09-2014
BYU Boise Cincy and Louisville?

Make it happen little special 10.
[Reply]
007 12:35 AM 12-10-2014
They should have brought in Memphis and Louisville. Thanks Mr. Self for helping to kill that jackass. God forbid you have competition.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 09:15 PM 12-26-2014
Originally Posted by Guru:
They should have brought in Memphis and Louisville. Thanks Mr. Self for helping to kill that jackass. God forbid you have competition.
Was that an insider report on GoEMAW?
[Reply]
Mr_Tomahawk 08:30 PM 12-26-2014
UCF on now against NC State...
[Reply]
Mr_Tomahawk 10:26 PM 12-26-2014
This UCF QB is complete shit.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 12:17 PM 05-03-2022
https://www.actionnetwork.com/ncaaf/...in-big-12-2023

Cincinnati, Houston and UCF are negotiating a settlement in the “$17 million to $20 million range,” which would allow the schools to exit the American Athletic Conference early and officially join the Big 12 on July 1, 2023, sources told Action Network.

The completion of that deal would then allow the six Conference USA schools — Charlotte, FAU, North Texas, Rice, UAB and UTSA — to join the AAC on July 1, 2023.

AAC by-laws require departing schools to provide 27 months’ notice and pay a $10 million exit fee. Without the settlement, the schools may not leave until July 1, 2024.

BYU, an independent, will officially join the Big 12 next season.

American commissioner Mike Aresco initially sought $35 million from each school to leave early for the Big 12, sources said. In 2019, UConn paid only $17 million to leave the AAC early, despite providing only 12 months’ notice.

Multiple sources said they are “fully confident” that a settlement will be reached this month by UC, UH, UCF and the AAC.

The addition of BYU, Cincinnati, Houston and UCF will give the Big 12 14 members next season, including Oklahoma and Texas, which will be leaving the Big 12 for the SEC in 2025 — unless they negotiate an early exit.

How Does Cincinnati, Houston & UCF’s Settlement Impact Conference USA?

The UC, UH and UCF deal is imperative for the six schools moving from C-USA to the AAC because they must provide 14 months’ notice before leaving.

That 14-month deadline was two days ago on Sunday, but the schools have requested and received a one-month extension from the league to the deadline before providing notice on their intention to leave, sources said.

The C-USA schools moving to the American must forego two years of conference revenue to the league, sources said. That amount could range from $1.5 million to $3 million per school, depending on whether College Football Playoff and NCAA basketball tournament revenue is ultimately determined as revenue provided by the league. The exact buyout remains undecided, sources said.

Besides those six schools leaving to the American, Conference USA members Marshall, Old Dominion and Southern Miss, along with FCS member James Madison, will begin play in the Sun Belt this season. The C-USA schools negotiated a buyout with the league in the “neighborhood of $1.75 million” in addition to forfeiting one year of conference revenue, sources said.

To combat its losses, Conference USA, in turn, is adding Liberty, Jacksonville State, New Mexico State and Sam Houston State to its league in 2023.

C-USA also considered adding Tarleton State and Eastern Kentucky. In March, at the conference basketball tournament, C-USA presidents heard formal presentations from both schools, but the league decided not to add either at this time, sources said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
KChiefs1 11:17 AM 05-24-2022
https://www.tennessean.com/story/spo...gs/9896306002/

The SEC is considering an intraconference playoff in response to the uncertain future of the College Football Playoff and the conference's impending expansion to 16 teams, ESPN's Pete Thamel reported Monday.

SEC Commissioner Greg Sankey told ESPN that many options would be considered at the league's spring meetings next week as the conference evaluates the CFP's future after the 2025 season. Talks about a CFP expansion to 12 teams were started last year but fell apart after support eroded from other conferences.

"We need to engage in blue-sky thinking, which is you detach from reality. What are the full range of possibilities?" Sankey said to ESPN, noting that postseason changes are not imminent.

Florida athletics director Scott Stricklin told ESPN that schools will "absolutely" consider an all-SEC playoff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Page 10 of 33
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Up