ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 22 of 51
« First < 121819202122 2324252632 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2021 Major League Baseball Playoff Repository Thread***
Coach 05:56 PM 10-05-2021

Schedule of the MLB 2021 Playoffs can be found below:
https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/2...ild-card-game/
[Reply]
Coach 09:42 PM 10-17-2021
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish:
Backhand pick. Tough play. But you gotta get in front of that. Knock it down. Anything to keep it in front of you.
Yep. This is where he should had sacrificed his body to get in front of it.

Regular season, phht,

But playoff time, you gotta get in front of it and sacrifice your body to get it down.
[Reply]
jd1020 09:42 PM 10-17-2021
Backhand pick. Tough play. But you gotta get in front of that. Knock it down. Anything to keep it in front of you.
I don't think anyone is going to be stepping in front of a 105 mph line drive on a short hop.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:42 PM 10-17-2021
Originally Posted by bricks:
There’s no question in my mind the Dodgers have the best team on paper.

That team is loaded with all stars practically everywhere but I want to see the braves win because I’d like for the Braves to be another example on how the best teams on paper don’t always win.
Doesn’t matter when we don’t hit shit and our manager is a fucking idiot.
[Reply]
Coach 09:45 PM 10-17-2021
Originally Posted by jd1020:
I don't think anyone is going to be stepping in front of a 105 mph line drive on a short hop.
In a regular season, sure I can understand that.

But this is the playoffs. You have to get in front of it.

It's a huge difference between 1-1 and 0-2.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 09:47 PM 10-17-2021
That was a Hos like miss.
[Reply]
jd1020 09:48 PM 10-17-2021
Originally Posted by Coach:
In a regular season, sure I can understand that.

But this is the playoffs. You have to get in front of it.

It's a huge difference between 1-1 and 0-2.
I'm never going to blame someone for not getting in front of a ball like that. I'd rather be down 0-2 than potentially 1-1 and missing one of my best players for the rest of the playoffs.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 09:49 PM 10-17-2021
Originally Posted by Coach:
Yep. This is where he should had sacrificed his body to get in front of it.

Regular season, phht,

But playoff time, you gotta get in front of it and sacrifice your body to get it down.

[Reply]
Bearcat 09:55 PM 10-17-2021
I'm never going to blame someone for not getting in front of a ball like that. I'd rather be down 0-2 than potentially 1-1 and missing one of my best players for the rest of the playoffs.
Huh?
[Reply]
jd1020 09:58 PM 10-17-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Huh?
Pretty self explanatory, no? Get hit by a 105 mph baseball you better hope it hits a fleshy area.
[Reply]
Simply Red 10:06 PM 10-17-2021
The Braves are my second favorite sporting franchise.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:07 PM 10-17-2021
Have to get in front of the ball there. Season may have depended on it.
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:08 PM 10-17-2021
Pretty self explanatory, no? Get hit by a 105 mph baseball you better hope it hits a fleshy area.
When was the last time a player missed significant time because they took a line drive (that bounced off the ground first) for the team... and it wasn't like a pitcher who had zero time to react?

Maybe it happens more than I know, but it doesn't even seem like a thing to me... sure, he could get hurt, but even then, for the series?

Or maybe I'm just too used to seeing 100mph pucks off any and every part of the body (padded or not) and hockey guys not missing a shift... as opposed to this guy supposedly not sacrificing his body.

I think the more feasible explanation is that it was a very bang-bang play and the guy is probably supremely confident he can get down and make that pick as opposed to getting in front of it.... and not that he's such a wuss that he wouldn't take one off the shin if required.
[Reply]
jd1020 10:14 PM 10-17-2021
What part of the modern day hockey players body is not protected by some sort of hard plastic or padding?

Hockey player protection:

VS.

Baseball infielder protection:

[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:19 PM 10-17-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
When was the last time a player missed significant time because they took a line drive (that bounced off the ground first) for the team... and it wasn't like a pitcher who had zero time to react?

Maybe it happens more than I know, but it doesn't even seem like a thing to me... sure, he could get hurt, but even then, for the series?

Or maybe I'm just too used to seeing 100mph pucks off any and every part of the body (padded or not) and hockey guys not missing a shift... as opposed to this guy supposedly not sacrificing his body.

I think the more feasible explanation is that it was a very bang-bang play and the guy is probably supremely confident he can get down and make that pick as opposed to getting in front of it.... and not that he's such a wuss that he wouldn't take one off the shin if required.
Now that I think about it, Devon Travis broke his collarbone once on a groundball to 2B. Out for several months.

Still, it's the playoffs and your season may depend on blocking it. Chances of something like an injury happening are pretty minuscule as it is.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:21 PM 10-17-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Hell. Yes.

How did Seager miss that?
Somewhere there is a little league coach screaming GET IN FRONT OF IT. :-)

As a viewer with no dog in the fight it was a hell of a game to watch.
[Reply]
Page 22 of 51
« First < 121819202122 2324252632 > Last »
Up