ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 48 of 382
« First < 384445464748 495051525898148 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>50 Beers to Try Before You Die
NewChief 06:18 AM 04-24-2010
Thought the beer snobs here might like this article (and probably critique the hell out of it).

http://www.wisdeo.com/articles/view_post/2984
(CBS) You've heard of "100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall"?

How about 50 to try before you die?!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
KCUnited 07:30 PM 12-07-2010
Originally Posted by Reaper16:
You have much experience with Quadrupels before drinking the BBQ?
Admittedly, I don't. I am impressed with the craftsmanship of the beer and the different layers of flavor, just maybe not the style for me.
[Reply]
Reaper16 10:55 PM 12-07-2010
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Admittedly, I don't. I am impressed with the craftsmanship of the beer and the different layers of flavor, just maybe not the style for me.
Could be. Quads are definitely sweet; malt sugar levels approaching that of a barelywine but without the hop bitterness to balance it.

You may come around to 'em one day, too. Palates evolve.
[Reply]
irishjayhawk 07:22 PM 12-08-2010
Could be. Quads are definitely sweet; malt sugar levels approaching that of a barelywine but without the hop bitterness to balance it.

You may come around to 'em one day, too. Palates evolve.
Truer words never spoken.

I had Sierra Nevada's Harvest Ale. I should have known it would be hoppy since most of SN's selection is. In this case, it had the same bitterness I usually dislike but it grew on me as I drank the big bottle. It might be my gateway to the Pale Ale side. That and Titan IPA.
[Reply]
Toadkiller 07:31 PM 12-08-2010
Just an FYI, this years Abyss is I think the best one yet, taste is amazing.
[Reply]
Reaper16 07:32 PM 12-08-2010
Originally Posted by irishjayhawk:
Truer words never spoken.

I had Sierra Nevada's Harvest Ale. I should have known it would be hoppy since most of SN's selection is. In this case, it had the same bitterness I usually dislike but it grew on me as I drank the big bottle. It might be my gateway to the Pale Ale side. That and Titan IPA.
Yay! Hops!

Some people never grow to like hoppy beers. Everything just registers as "bitterness" to them, and their palate can't grow to taste the nuances (of which IPAs have many. There are upwards of 30 major hop varietals, and they are pretty distinctive to the trained nose/palate).
[Reply]
DeezNutz 07:43 PM 12-08-2010
Aside: Nutcracker Ale is pretty delectable.
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 07:48 PM 12-08-2010
Tonight:

Chimay (white label)
Bridgeport Ebeneezer
Boulder Never Summer Ale

:-)
[Reply]
NewChief 07:57 PM 12-08-2010
Smokestack 4 packs have arrived in Arkansas! Little Smokies FTW!
[Reply]
irishjayhawk 07:59 PM 12-08-2010
Originally Posted by Saulbadguy:
Tonight:

Chimay (white label)
Bridgeport Ebeneezer
Boulder Never Summer Ale

:-)
When I worked at a liquor store, I stared at that for a while. Have you had it before?
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 08:01 PM 12-08-2010
Originally Posted by irishjayhawk:
When I worked at a liquor store, I stared at that for a while. Have you had it before?
Yep - i'm a fan. It's not too complex, but tasty.
[Reply]
phisherman 08:04 PM 12-08-2010
mutha f**kin Piraat FTW
[Reply]
jd1020 08:04 PM 12-08-2010
Zywiec. Just because thats where my family is from.
[Reply]
NewChief 08:05 PM 12-08-2010
So I'll probably by a new smokestack on Friday. At my store, they have Rye on Rye, the Fresh Hop, Double-Wide, Collaboration #1, Double Wit.

Any opinions? So far I've loved the Dark Truth and Tank 7. I was underwhelmed by Long Strange Trippel.
[Reply]
phisherman 08:08 PM 12-08-2010
Yay! Hops!

Some people never grow to like hoppy beers. Everything just registers as "bitterness" to them, and their palate can't grow to taste the nuances (of which IPAs have many. There are upwards of 30 major hop varietals, and they are pretty distinctive to the trained nose/palate).
Ahh, the discovery of hops. My wife won a 12 pack of Boulevard Pale Ale (which I didn't really care for much) about 5 years ago in a "closest to the pin" contest at a disc golf tournament. For some reason, on that particular day, I fell in love with the hops.

DrRyan, you better save a Pliny for me!

My good old standard when I want a hoppy fix is Southern Tier Unearthly. Ohhh boy, delicious!
[Reply]
phisherman 08:10 PM 12-08-2010
Originally Posted by NewPhin:
So I'll probably by a new smokestack on Friday. At my store, they have Rye on Rye, the Fresh Hop, Double-Wide, Collaboration #1, Double Wit.

Any opinions? So far I've loved the Dark Truth and Tank 7. I was underwhelmed by Long Strange Trippel.
The Rye on Rye is crazy bitter, but delicious if that's your thing.

I really enjoyed the Harvest Dance Wheat Wine last time I had it.
[Reply]
Page 48 of 382
« First < 384445464748 495051525898148 > Last »
Up