Noah Fant

Broncos Receive:

Russell Wilson
4th Round Pick

— Allan Bell (@AllanBell247) March 8, 2022

[Reply]
TEX 01:35 PM 03-08-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefBlueCFC:
Broncos still have the worst QB in the division but Mahomes, Herbert, Carr, Wilson is ****ing ridiculous for one divisions QBs
Naw, IMO Wilson > Carr.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 01:35 PM 03-08-2022
The trade is probably pretty fair and this is the rate for relatively top tier QBs.

The question is do some of Wilson's stumbles this last season imply he's on the decline or will he be able to thrive with a much more balanced Denver team?

Unfortunately I lean toward the latter. Competent QB play from the Broncos isn't something we've seen from them in forever. And with Williams in the backfield, solid receivers, and a good defense, I don't think this should be celebrated by Chiefs fans.

Pretty sure we weren't winning that late season game in Denver had it been Wilson behind center instead of Lock.
[Reply]
Clyde Frog 01:36 PM 03-08-2022
If they don't make the playoffs each of the next 2 years (which is entirely possible with the QBs ahead of him in this division) this trade is a MASSIVE FAIL with what they gave up.
[Reply]
kstater 01:36 PM 03-08-2022
All that for 2 years. I can't imagine Wilson won't test the market

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Rain Man 01:36 PM 03-08-2022
In summary, the broncos traded away more than twice as much for 33 year-old Russell Wilson than the Chiefs traded for a rookie Patrick Mahomes II.
[Reply]
scho63 01:36 PM 03-08-2022
Russell Wilson is certainly an improvement but by no means as much as Denver thinks!

:-)
[Reply]
Titty Meat 01:37 PM 03-08-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
The trade is probably pretty fair and this is the rate for relatively top tier QBs.

The question is do some of Wilson's stumbles this last season imply he's on the decline or will he be able to thrive with a much more balanced Denver team?

Unfortunately I lean toward the latter. Competent QB play from the Broncos isn't something we've seen from them in forever. And with Williams in the backfield, solid receivers, and a good defense, I don't think this should be celebrated by Chiefs fans.

Pretty sure we weren't winning that late season game in Denver had it been Wilson behind center instead of Lock.
Seems like we've had some real stinkers against Denver the past few years. It would be hilarious if Wilson immediately drops off this year. Denver would be sunk for years.
[Reply]
Tonka83 01:38 PM 03-08-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
This really forces Denver into win now mode, but man I believe in Russell Wilson. I think he's a stud. He throws the most beautiful deep ball in the game. At only 33 years old, he's got another 5-6 years left in him if they are lucky.

We may win the West with 7 losses...
This^^ They better be in win now mode.
I think this definitely helps Denver short term, but losing those draft picks is going to hurt long term. (I know - but Rams..... blah blah)
New unproven coach, huge player turnover, looming new ownership, etc.
This is a giant crap-shoot at this point. Ballsy move IMO.
[Reply]
Jerm 01:39 PM 03-08-2022
Seattle gave up 2 1’s for Adams and only got 2 back for Wilson….hilarious…
[Reply]
RunKC 01:39 PM 03-08-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I had no problem with the Stafford trade and I have no problem with this trade.

Russell Wilson is still nowhere near Rodgers at this point.

Also, the Rams needed Aaron Donald, Jalen Ramsey, Von Miller, etc. to make that work.
I would take Russell Wilson over Aaron Rodgers 10/10 times today. He’s 5 years younger, more mobile and cares about football.

Rodgers has had everything handed to him. Very good football teams, good drafting, good coaching and he’s has still fucked it up time and time again.

Wilson played for a GM who completely forgot how to draft after 2015, a coach whose offensive philosophy is from the Jurassic Period and and poorly talented roster at OL and defense.

Rodgers lived in paradise and lost to Jimmy fucking G at home. Russ was living in hell.
[Reply]
HC_Chief 01:39 PM 03-08-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefBlueCFC:
...Mahomes, Herbert, Carr, Wilson is ****ing ridiculous for one divisions QBs
No doubt. May be the best QB division ever. Two greats in one division is rare; all four of these guys (Carr on bubble) are legit stars.
[Reply]
TEX 01:39 PM 03-08-2022

Meh, I still think KC sleep walks through the Denver games. Maybe this will cause then to focus better.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:40 PM 03-08-2022

Wow a fair well reasoned thought out post. Well done
[Reply]
PHOG 01:41 PM 03-08-2022
Good for them, we'll see if it's enough to stop #14 &#15 in a row.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:41 PM 03-08-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I would take Russell Wilson over Aaron Rodgers 10/10 times today.
Dumb.

Age is the only reason that Wilson is better long term. Short term it’s Rodgers and it’s not even remotely close.
[Reply]
Page 14 of 66
« First < 41011121314 151617182464 > Last »
Up