Noah Fant

Broncos Receive:

Russell Wilson
4th Round Pick

— Allan Bell (@AllanBell247) March 8, 2022

[Reply]
The Franchise 01:25 PM 03-08-2022
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Russell Wilson isn't elite anymore but he's still pretty good, far better than garbage they've had at QB the past couple seasons. It's worth the risk.

You guys are just hating because he went to Broncos.
It definitely moves the needle for their offense but their defense is going to take a step back this year.
[Reply]
BWillie 01:26 PM 03-08-2022
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Fant included in the trade as well...

This really forces Denver into win now mode, but man I believe in Russell Wilson. I think he's a stud. He throws the most beautiful deep ball in the game. At only 33 years old, he's got another 5-6 years left in him if they are lucky.

We may win the West with 7 losses...
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 01:26 PM 03-08-2022
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Russell Wilson isn't elite anymore but he's still pretty good, far better than garbage they've had at QB the past couple seasons. It's worth the risk.

You guys are just hating because he went to Broncos.
To say he's better than any QB they've had since Manning retired is a low bar.

And the big story is they wanted Aaron Rodgers... hired their HC because of the Aaron Rodgers connection and struck out trying to get their #1 choice.
[Reply]
Rain Man 01:27 PM 03-08-2022
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
You would say that with any deal.
Yeah, Elway's predictable. :-)
[Reply]
RunKC 01:27 PM 03-08-2022
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
English must not be your first language.

You said he "faded down the stretch"

Then I point out the last 2 games he three 7 touchdowns and 1 pick. That's not fading down the stretch. You then try and change the argument saying it doesn't count because those teams aren't good (even though the Cardinals made the playoffs) just come out and already say it dude. Only the Chiefs can make good moves. You even bashed the Chargers when they drafted Herbert
People said this same exact shit about Matt Stafford last year. Where’s the Stafford trade thread? I bet I can find staylor saying that shit in there :-)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:29 PM 03-08-2022
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Damn..that's like 3 1st and 3 2nds for a declining QB. Seattle rapied them.
Huh?

Next year's 1st is worth a 2nd this year. Next year's 2nd is worth a 3rd this year.

So it's like a 1st, two 2nds, and a 3rd in terms of pure draft compensation. Harris could probably be traded for a 3rd rounder (maybe) as a 30 year old DL w/ a $7.5 millionish cap hit. Fant could probably get you another 2nd. Lock is maybe worth a 5th.

In terms of straight draft comp I'd say the Seahawks got a 1st, three 2nds, two 3rds and a 3rd day flyer.

I think the Seahawks needed a 3rd this year and Dre'Mont Jones in this deal. If anything the return was a little light. Yeah, Russ is down from what he was, but he's still very good and that contract is a hell of an asset in its own right given that the signing bonus is on Seattle's cap.

So Denver can either use those years to build an extension or they can convert his base this year into bonus (he won't care) and essentially have him on asswipe money against the cap this season.

The flexibility built into that contract is worth a ton on its own.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 01:29 PM 03-08-2022
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:
#ThePatonPlan

#ThePatonPlan was Aaron Rodgers . . . . . . remember?

I do, because you spent weeks telling us all about it and sharing tweets of every little thing you could find involving Rodgers. It was like a school girl crush.

You won't be as good this year with Wilson as you would have been with Rodgers. That said, I think Wilson is probably the better play long term.

But man did you guys give up a high price to get him!

At least our games will be fun again . . . . .
[Reply]
carcosa 01:29 PM 03-08-2022
Broncos fans getting excited like they're not gonna finish 3rd in the division, very cute
[Reply]
HC_Chief 01:30 PM 03-08-2022
Good move. QB is the most important position in football and they instantly improve by orders of magnitude.

MAN they gave up a lot for it tho. Whooooo boy.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 01:31 PM 03-08-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
It definitely moves the needle for their offense but their defense is going to take a step back this year.
Yup.

They're really gonna miss Shelby Harris on the inside.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 01:31 PM 03-08-2022
Not sure how we overcome those 220 yards a game passing.
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:31 PM 03-08-2022
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
Yup.

They're really gonna miss Shelby Harris on the inside.
I was referring more to Fangio leaving.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:33 PM 03-08-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
People said this same exact shit about Matt Stafford last year. Where’s the Stafford trade thread? I bet I can find staylor saying that shit in there :-)
I had no problem with the Stafford trade and I have no problem with this trade.

Russell Wilson is still nowhere near Rodgers at this point.

Also, the Rams needed Aaron Donald, Jalen Ramsey, Von Miller, etc. to make that work.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 01:34 PM 03-08-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I was referring more to Fangio leaving.
That too.

But make no mistake, Harris is a big loss for them.
[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 01:34 PM 03-08-2022
Broncos still have the worst QB in the division but Mahomes, Herbert, Carr, Wilson is fucking ridiculous for one divisions QBs
[Reply]
Page 13 of 66
« First < 3910111213 141516172363 > Last »
Up