ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Media Center>Alright supergeeks, what comics are you into right now?
Portlantis 07:28 PM 07-28-2009
I am in the process of reading Jeff Smith's Bone and Kurt Busiek's Astro City.

Just finished All-Star Superman, which was fantastic. And I don't even like Superman. Grant Morrison is just that good.

I'm sure that I'm not the only person on this board who's secure enough in their geekiness to talk about comics they enjoy. So for those of you who are into that kind of thing, what comics are rocking your world right now?
[Reply]
The Elder 01:51 PM 09-25-2010
How come todays woman can chill while their man plays Madden. but not D & D ? makes no sense to me.

I collected comics since the 60' Early 90's I had to sell them. But it kept me from going bankrupt and losing my home. Im satisfied that they are making movies now.

Thor
Avengers
Ironman
Marvel Team up
Marvel Two in One
What If
Captian America
The Flash
Green Lantern
[Reply]
Buck 01:57 PM 09-25-2010
A comic I really want to get into is Tomb of Dracula (by Marvel from the 70s). Unfortunately, the single issues are hard to find and the TPBs and compendiums are expensive as hell.
[Reply]
NewChief 07:18 PM 09-27-2010
Originally Posted by The Elder:
How come todays woman can chill while their man plays Madden. but not D & D ? makes no sense to me.
Most of us are married. Our women are cool with it. Unfortunately, they're not cool with having a houseful of fellow middle-aged geeks hanging out for 3 hours. As a result, we have to meet at the gaming store, which means no booze. A lot of the guys don't really drink, but I prefer to drink when I game. Though it is nice to have a night out without booze from time to time.
[Reply]
Bowser 12:02 AM 10-15-2010
Question -

I would like to read the Blackest Night graphic novels, but have no idea in what order I should tackle them. Anybody have a decent chronological order I should follow?
[Reply]
Buck 12:13 AM 10-15-2010
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Question -

I would like to read the Blackest Night graphic novels, but have no idea in what order I should tackle them. Anybody have a decent chronological order I should follow?
Read the regular Blackest Night first. That's all I know. I am pretty sure with the rest you can read them in any order as long as its after the first one.
[Reply]
Bowser 12:16 AM 10-15-2010
Originally Posted by Buck:
Read the regular Blackest Night first. That's all I know. I am pretty sure with the rest you can read them in any order as long as its after the first one.
Ok. I thought about buying a few, but there were like 12 different GNs to choose from. I dug the Sinestro Corps War, so I thought I might give this a shot. Have you read them?

(and who is the uber-Green Lantern fan around here? Oaklandhater, maybe?)
[Reply]
big nasty kcnut 12:24 AM 10-15-2010
Well i can help get blackest night and then work on brightest day the other parts of would be go if you want to be a completest but not needed to get the gist of the story.
[Reply]
Bowser 12:00 AM 12-12-2010
I'm making my way through Y: The Last Man right now. Very addictive, and enjoying it more than I thought I would.
[Reply]
Bowser 12:01 AM 12-12-2010
And the Blackest Night storyline sucked. The only reason I wanted to read it was due to me liking the Sinestro Corps War. Waste of money.
[Reply]
Lumpy 12:10 AM 12-12-2010
There was a guy that I hung out with in high school that was into D&D. He was always asking me out on dates, and every time he asked, I declined.

There was a guy I met through a mutual friend. He was a jock. We played Madden together. He always won because I suck at Madden. I married him.

:-)
[Reply]
Bowser 12:14 AM 12-12-2010
Originally Posted by Lumpy:
There was a guy that I hung out with in high school that was into D&D. He was always asking me out on dates, and every time he asked, I declined.

There was a guy I met through a mutual friend. He was a jock. We played Madden together. He always won because I suck at Madden. I married him.

See, the geek would have been smart enough to let you win at Madden, because women get all hornied up when they win at stuff. But congrats on marrying that other guy, and shit....

[Reply]
Lumpy 12:20 AM 12-12-2010
Originally Posted by Bowser:
See, the geek would have been smart enough to let you win at Madden, because women get all hornied up when they win at stuff. But congrats on marrying that other guy, and shit....

Thanks! Believe it or not, I'm the opposite... I don't get "hornied up" unless I win on my own. It's like when we go bowling, I kick Gonzo's ass every single time.
[Reply]
Buck 02:49 PM 02-14-2012
I just finished the first book of Grant Morrison's The Animal Man. I really liked it and want the next 2 books, but I'm too fucking poor right now.

I am moving onto Invincible. I have the first 4 trades and I recently bought the compendium (which is the first 9 trades in one book) because it was $40 and that would be cheaper than spending $75 on the next 5 trades each.

The book is fucking thick and hard to read, but I'm going to get through it tonight.

I already read the first 4 or 5 trades a while back, and tried to pick up where I left off, but that didn't work, so I read them from the beginning. I forgot how good this story is.

After Invincible I'm going to either start on The Sandman or Akira.
[Reply]
Brock 05:39 PM 02-14-2012
I recommend "Fables".
[Reply]
TrickyNicky 08:37 PM 02-14-2012
Originally Posted by Buck:

After Invincible I'm going to either start on The Sandman or Akira.
Can't go wrong with either of those. Akira is one of those comics that still amazes me. At 2000+ pages, it is quite a trek, but never a slog.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Up