ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 25
« First < 3910111213 1415161723 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>I have NEVER seen this much crying in my lifetime
staylor26 06:34 PM 01-31-2023
It doesn't matter whether it's Bengals fans, the media, other NFL fans, etc. the crying over the Chiefs/Bengals game is like nothing I've ever seen before.

There wasn't some super obvious bad call/non-call either like the Saints/Rams that one year.

Is it because it's the Chiefs? Are we really in everybody's heads to the point that they're losing their fucking minds?

What an absolute joke.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 02:35 PM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by rfaulk34:
Spoiler!
Fair enough, kudos to you for being one of the few reasonable fans of another team to post here.
[Reply]
rfaulk34 02:37 PM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Was it shocking that Mike Hilton was the worst DB on the field Sunday night, for either team?
Surprising and disappointing. He's been a very good player the entire 2 years he's been here. He's one of the better slot corners in the NFL.

It doesn't surprise me he said what he did after the Bills game. He's a bit of a jokester and i know he didn't mean anything malicious. It's everyone else that jumps on and starts making a big deal about it that got everyone riled up, and the extent they did it.

If Hilton would have done it right before the game and it doesn't become a thing, then i think the players are more "ahhh, alright. we'll see about that on the field", instead of getting real fed up with it after an entire week and wanting to shove it right back down someone's throat.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:39 PM 02-01-2023
Surprising and disappointing. He's been a very good player the entire 2 years he's been here. He's one of the better slot corners in the NFL.

It doesn't surprise me he said what he did after the Bills game. He's a bit of a jokester and i know he didn't mean anything malicious. It's everyone else that jumps on and starts making a big deal about it that got everyone riled up, and the extent they did it.

If Hilton would have done it right before the game and it doesn't become a thing, then i think the players are more "ahhh, alright. we'll see about that on the field", instead of getting real fed up with it after an entire week and wanting to shove it right back down someone's throat.
I can agree with that.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 02:54 PM 02-01-2023
So the major complaint is about the 'extra' 3rd down? Well, if the Chiefs would have punted at that point, instead of running four additional plays, there would have been extra time on the last possession of the Chiefs and then what happens?

I thought there would be a flag on the punt return (as usual for KC special teams) and while at the time it might have looked like it, it was clear the Bengals player flopped in a way that would have made a soccer/NBA player proud. Fortunately, the officials saw that as well as the Burrow flop and let it ride.

Next Karen up!
[Reply]
rfaulk34 02:58 PM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Probably the former.. the game basically ended on a penalty, so there will be far more of it than normal no matter how legit it was, and for the idiots out there, it just helps paint a picture of being rigged.

I suspect there wouldn't have been nearly the same level of crying if it weren't for the push out of bounds, even if many are now scouring game footage to prop up their rigging narrative.

If Burrow throws a pick 6 to end it or Mahomes throws to a wide open Kelce 40 yards down field for the TD, no one is talking about the refs.
Yeah. The (legit) push was, most of i think, the instigator because it led directly to the GWF. There's probably 50% less chatter if the game ends any way other than a flag being thrown.

For some people, the flag is a irrelevant because it was legit. For far too many in this social media age, it's gasoline to a spark.
[Reply]
tredadda 02:59 PM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
This. How many people here were accusing Reid and/or Mahomes of intentionally taking a dive in last year's AFCCG? The idiocy extends to every fan base.
A couple on here for sure. They even created a hit piece on it.
[Reply]
scho63 03:14 PM 02-01-2023
This to dedicated to all those babies..............

[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:41 PM 02-01-2023
Yeah. The (legit) push was, most of i think, the instigator because it led directly to the GWF. There's probably 50% less chatter if the game ends any way other than a flag being thrown.

For some people, the flag is a irrelevant because it was legit. For far too many in this social media age, it's gasoline to a spark.
We were similar with the Dee Ford offsides. Most everyone agreed that he was a dumbass and that it was the right call, BUT we really wished it hadn't been called.
[Reply]
chiefsfaninky 04:37 PM 02-01-2023
IF, Mahomes does not get pushed, does Reid go for the Hail Mary, or does he trot Butker out for a 60 yard FG attempt?...with his leg, I know the ball is a brick in the cold, I feel Andy would let him try it.
[Reply]
ModSocks 04:41 PM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by chiefsfaninky:
IF, Mahomes does not get pushed, does Reid go for the Hail Mary, or does he trot Butker out for a 60 yard FG attempt?...with his leg, I know the ball is a brick in the cold, I feel Andy would let him try it.
They run one more play to pick up at least another 5-10 yards, setting up Butker for a FG that, based on what we saw in his 45 yard attempt, likely would also be good from 50-55 yards as well.
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 04:42 PM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
We were similar with the Dee Ford offsides. Most everyone agreed that he was a dumbass and that it was the right call, BUT we really wished it hadn't been called.
My complaint about that call is that they didnt call it any of the preceding times Ford lined up offsides. Should have, but let it go. So then Brady throws a game sealing INT and then, only then, does that flag come out.

It's not just the penalty, which was correct, it was the selective enforcement.

There is no corollary with the late hit on Mahomes. They werent blasting him out of bounds all game, having it go uncalled, then got called for it that one time when it was most crucial.
[Reply]
dlphg9 04:54 PM 02-01-2023

Just show those idiots these missed "holding" calls. They'd say they were all legit holding.
[Reply]
Spott 05:06 PM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by Vladimir_Kyrilytch:
My complaint about that call is that they didnt call it any of the preceding times Ford lined up offsides. Should have, but let it go. So then Brady throws a game sealing INT and then, only then, does that flag come out.

It's not just the penalty, which was correct, it was the selective enforcement.

There is no corollary with the late hit on Mahomes. They werent blasting him out of bounds all game, having it go uncalled, then got called for it that one time when it was most crucial.
On that last scramble, it actually looked like #91 for the Bengals may have lined up in the neutral zone and may have even jumped early. It wouldn’t have mattered much since we would have netted 5 yards either way, but they may have let that one go because it was at a crucial time.
[Reply]
philfree 06:01 PM 02-01-2023
**** Gene Steratore!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...f91d5b0516d46c
[Reply]
tredadda 06:07 PM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by dlphg9:

Just show those idiots these missed "holding" calls. They'd say they were all legit holding.
Of course. Only missed holds that benefit the Bengals were legit. Those that benefited KC are proof the game is rigged in KCs favor.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 25
« First < 3910111213 1415161723 > Last »
Up