ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 22 of 192
« First < 121819202122 232425263272122 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>2024 WR Class
Couch-Potato 08:45 PM 10-10-2023
Some interesting WRs in the upcoming class, who do you like?

1st - 2nd RD WR Targets:

Keon Coleman, FSU, 6-4, 215, 4.6
Emeka Egbuka, OH ST, 6-1, 205, 4.3
Adonai Mitchell, TX, 6-4, 195, 4.5
Troy Franklin, ORG, 6-3, 185, 4.41
Xavier Legette, SC, 6-1, 225, 4.29
Brian Thomas, LSU, 6-4, 205, 4.35
Xavier Worthy, TX, 6-1, 175, 4.22
Ja'Lynn Polk, WAS, 6-2, 205, 4.48
Johnny Wilson, FSU, 6-7, 235, 4.42
Branden Rice, USC, 6-3, 210, 4.38
Malachi Corley, WKU, 5-11, 200, 4.46
Jermain Burton, BAMA, 6-0, 195, 4.31

*This entire class is tall WTF?
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:33 AM 12-14-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
They've had this year with Mahomes being so frustrated about guys not lining up right and route running etc and you think they're just gonna throw another rookie and a 2nd year Rice and this group back out there?
I don't think anyone thinks that.

But I also don't think the 49ers are going to trade Aiyuk to KC after the Chiefs beat them in the Super Bowl again.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:33 AM 12-14-2023
They've had this year with Mahomes being so frustrated about guys not lining up right and route running etc and you think they're just gonna throw another rookie and a 2nd year Rice and this group back out there?
No, they'll pursue a middle class veteran. Duncan thinks Ridley's age will keep us out of that sweepstakes but I think that's exactly why we'd pursue him. The age will keep the term/AAV a little more reasonable.

They're not looking for a long-term answer; they're looking for a 2-3 year solution while they continue to develop the room. They understand that this isn't a 1 year fix, IMO. The LB room wasn't overhauled in a year. Hell, the DBs weren't even if it seems like they were (and it took a middle-class veteran to get there). We're still plugging away at rebuilding the DL. For as aggressive as Veach can be, the only complete 1-season overhaul he managed was the OL and even that took some blind dumb luck with Smith (and the successful transition of Wylie to RT).

And I think Ridley fits what we do really well. He can work underneath or deep. He's fluid but physical. He's a nice fit.

So I could see them going with Egbuka in the 1st, signing Ridley and maybe even using a 2nd or 3rd on another pass catcher (be it WR or TE). And of course I think they'll keep an eye out for another James sort; a cheap flyer.

Rice
Ridley
Egbuka
Toney
Cheap veteran flyer/Moore (I think he needs to earn his job next year)
Watson/add'l draft pick
[Reply]
O.city 09:36 AM 12-14-2023
I'm over "building the room".

Once you get to the #4 WR in a room, they're all whatever anyway.

Build the top and let the rest sort itself out. We're back to the "franchise QB's don't grow on trees" shit but with WR's. Nah, fuck that. We had to trade up and make some moves.

Do that at WR.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:46 AM 12-14-2023
I developed a theory about a decade ago watching Mizzou football and it was essentially that your 3rd WR is what makes/breaks a passing offense. When Mizzou was at its best after Daniel, the throughput wasn't even the QB - it was the ability to run 3 dangerous receivers out there. When that fell to 2, the dropoff in productivity was dramatic. Far more than merely losing a weapon would've suggested.

Because THAT'S when you stretch a defense past its talent level. A lot of teams have 2 credible CBS - very few have 3. If you can put 3 guys out there with the ability to tax the defensive backfield, you create mismatches that are far more difficult to deal with.

I'm not content simply putting a 2nd good WR out there and calling it a day. I think we're better with Rice/Ridley/Egbuka than we would be with Rice/Aiyuk/Toney. It's that ability to pressure the worst player in their defensive backfield that I'm looking for.
[Reply]
O.city 09:49 AM 12-14-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I developed a theory about a decade ago watching Mizzou football and it was essentially that your 3rd WR is what makes/breaks a passing offense. When Mizzou was at its best after Daniel, the throughput wasn't even the QB - it was the ability to run 3 dangerous receivers out there. When that fell to 2, the dropoff in productivity was dramatic. Far more than merely losing a weapon would've suggested.

Because THAT'S when you stretch a defense past its talent level. A lot of teams have 2 credible CBS - very few have 3. If you can put 3 guys out there with the ability to tax the defensive backfield, you create mismatches that are far more difficult to deal with.

I'm not content simply putting a 2nd good WR out there and calling it a day. I think we're better with Rice/Ridley/Egbuka than we would be with Rice/Aiyuk/Toney. It's that ability to pressure the worst player in their defensive backfield that I'm looking for.
I'm just not going with the drafting guessing game again. We tried, it failed, be done for a bit and use the ones that actually did hit.

Looking at the offenses really chugging this year.....Is the 3rd guy in Dallas making that go or the fact that Ceedee is just a monster and it's a contract year for Dak?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:53 AM 12-14-2023
I'm just not going with the drafting guessing game again. We tried, it failed, be done for a bit and use the ones that actually did hit.

Looking at the offenses really chugging this year.....Is the 3rd guy in Dallas making that go or the fact that Ceedee is just a monster and it's a contract year for Dak?
We didn't fail. We drafted Rashee Rice and that will pay dividends for a long time to come.
[Reply]
O.city 09:57 AM 12-14-2023
We didn't fail. We drafted Rashee Rice and that will pay dividends for a long time to come.
Exactly. So lets pair him with an expensive guy on the other side and get back to business.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:08 AM 12-14-2023
Exactly. So lets pair him with an expensive guy on the other side and get back to business.
Let's pair him with a reliable veteran and draft another guy that complements him for a half decade and do both.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:16 AM 12-14-2023
You can get me on board with Calvin Ridley. I like him and think he'd be a good fit. It comes down to what the deal looks like and the length of the deal for me.

I wouldn't complain a bit about a Ridley/Rice/Egbuka 3 WR set. That sounds amazing, in fact.
[Reply]
O.city 10:36 AM 12-14-2023
Let's pair him with a reliable veteran and draft another guy that complements him for a half decade and do both.
That's what I'm laying out.

Mine is just a better player.
[Reply]
Shoes 11:45 AM 12-14-2023
Very interested to see how Xavier Worthy/Adonai Mitchell perform in the college football playoffs. Pairing Adonai Mitchell with a guy like Darnell Mooney to boost the WR room does make a lot of sense to me.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 12:09 PM 12-14-2023
Originally Posted by Shoes:
Very interested to see how Xavier Worthy/Adonai Mitchell perform in the college football playoffs. Pairing Adonai Mitchell with a guy like Darnell Mooney to boost the WR room does make a lot of sense to me.
Adonai Mitchell is a guy I like a TON.

He's got the whole toolset. Speed, size, hands, good in key spots, he's a downfield threat who can stack DBs or high-point. Seems like he gets in and out of routes well.

Another pairing I'm interested in is Keenan Allen + rookie. That could be a perfect situation. If the Chargers cut him (And I think they might have to at this point), that would be a great bridge while Rice and a rook get fully up to speed.

I also think Mitchell is a little underrated because he played in an antiquated offense at Georgia and was one of many talented options at UT (and the last to arrive). Could really outperform where he'll be ranked coming into this draft.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:40 PM 12-14-2023
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Adonai Mitchell is a guy I like a TON.

He's got the whole toolset. Speed, size, hands, good in key spots, he's a downfield threat who can stack DBs or high-point. Seems like he gets in and out of routes well.

Another pairing I'm interested in is Keenan Allen + rookie. That could be a perfect situation. If the Chargers cut him (And I think they might have to at this point), that would be a great bridge while Rice and a rook get fully up to speed.

I also think Mitchell is a little underrated because he played in an antiquated offense at Georgia and was one of many talented options at UT (and the last to arrive). Could really outperform where he'll be ranked coming into this draft.
I saw Trevor Sikkema compare Mitchell to Higgins. I think that's a really good comparison.
[Reply]
JPH83 01:11 PM 12-14-2023

I kinda said this elsewhere re 3 targets. But i think I'm throwing numbers and money at it to.make sure I've got that 3rd guy. Rice I'm happy to bank on, Kelce may well be slowing down but I'm still happy to gamble there. But if I want one more guaranteed I'm going to take about 3 shots at it. Ridley could be the guy, but he hasn't looked as good. The draft is deep but I'd take a guy in R1 and a later flyer. I'm not leaving anything to chance.
[Reply]
JPH83 01:32 PM 12-14-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I saw Trevor Sikkema compare Mitchell to Higgins. I think that's a really good comparison.
Like others I like Mitchell a lot more than Worthy. Man I'm double dipping this draft, we really can't and shouldnt miss
[Reply]
Page 22 of 192
« First < 121819202122 232425263272122 > Last »
Up