Nzoner's Game Room>Caitlin Clark is fucking awesome
staylor26 09:55 PM 03-31-2023

Caitlin Clark is cold af for this pic.twitter.com/ieyvCRmq1S

— Lindsey (@LuLu_Vue) April 1, 2023

:-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
jd1020 07:37 PM 04-02-2023
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
I don’t think it’s be too crazy to think that the WNBA does given you probably have people who can afford attending games for both leagues and purchasing merchandise, people who only started following the NBA because of the WNBA and now spend $ on both, and people who only are interested in WNBA and not NBA.
The WNBA only brings in $60M to their own league. I'd be willing to bet the number of people that started with WNBA and then migrated to the NBA is a really really small number.
[Reply]
SAGA45 07:40 PM 04-02-2023
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Agreed Nick! Good stuff! :-)
[Reply]
mlyonsd 07:41 PM 04-02-2023
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Look like her? WTF does that mean? Is she race baiting?
[Reply]
|Zach| 07:46 PM 04-02-2023
Originally Posted by mlyonsd:
Nobody had to race "bait" this situation.

It is a response to people reacting to something differently when the only difference was race.

Race did not have to be artificially put into it...the dog whistles were already out.
[Reply]
bdj23 07:47 PM 04-02-2023
Imagine arguing about chickball
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:48 PM 04-02-2023
people who only started following the NBA because of the WNBA
:-):-):-):-)

if you aren't a chick you transitioned
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 07:49 PM 04-02-2023
Originally Posted by jd1020:
Do you really think the WNBA is generating $10-$15M worth of new revenue for the NBA? I highly doubt that.
I don’t think it’s too hard to imagine. I imagine the profit loss is overstated because overhead is significantly lower since they “rent” arenas from property owners who are more than happy to fill offseason seats. but yeah, not hard to imagine that if you get a few girls playing at a young age, at least some small % of them will take an interested in NBA which (as we all know) is a way better product. It shouldn’t take too many lifetime fans to fill a $10m gap.

Think he has it right that the league probably breaks about even and they’re fine with that
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:50 PM 04-02-2023
the hilarious thing about the WNBA is they are driving themselves further into the ground with their players demanding more money due to "equality" or "equity" or whatever the new social justice buzzword is these days

that's what happens when you put women in charge
[Reply]
mlyonsd 07:50 PM 04-02-2023
Originally Posted by |Zach|:
Nobody had to race "bait" this situation.

It is a response to people reacting to something differently when the only difference was race.

Race did not have to be artificially put into it...the dog whistles were already out.
You'll have to explain that one. I possibly am missing something since I don't follow this sport.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 07:51 PM 04-02-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
:-):-):-):-)

if you aren't a chick you transitioned
I was born with and have a penis, thank you very much.

And I would imagine, while that # of people who followed the WNBA before the NBA is small, it’s probably more than 0.

Keep your DC rhetoric to there, mmkay?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:53 PM 04-02-2023
I was born with and have a penis, thank you very much.

And I would imagine, while that # of people who followed the WNBA before the NBA is small, it’s probably more than 0.

Keep your DC rhetoric to there, mmkay?
do you DVR the WNBA?
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 07:53 PM 04-02-2023
She's recieving backlash for multiple gestures of pootr sportsmanship and she pulled the race card in defense. So yes, she is.

With that said, I don't like that it has tainted their victory a little bit. They should be celebrating full throttle right now, not thinking about something like that. They did earn it after all.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 07:53 PM 04-02-2023
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I don’t think it’s too hard to imagine. I imagine the profit loss is overstated because overhead is significantly lower since they “rent” arenas from property owners who are more than happy to fill offseason seats. but yeah, not hard to imagine that if you get a few girls playing at a young age, at least some small % of them will take an interested in NBA which (as we all know) is a way better product. It shouldn’t take too many lifetime fans to fill a $10m gap.

Think he has it right that the league probably breaks about even and they’re fine with that
That’s my point.

If the WNBA actually lost billionaires money overall, they wouldn’t be subsidizing the sport. They may not make money off of it, but they certainly aren’t losing any with everything considered.
[Reply]
|Zach| 07:56 PM 04-02-2023
You'll have to explain that one. I possibly am missing something since I don't follow this sport.
I don't either. And you don't really have to. That LSU player you mentioned was taunting the the Iowa player Collins leading into a national championship win...tons of people including people here piled on to her as classless and thought it was bullshit.

But that same player Collins did the same exact thing and everyone thought it was fine...or awesome or at the very least didn't care.

Anyone thinking there was a different between the situations other than race is bending over backwards to find something that does not exist. It was such a clear example of two different sets of rules for two different players.

It reminds me years ago when KC had two players one was a Haitian kid named Peterson Joseph the other was a white dude named Davy Arnaud. They were both pretty physical players. When Davy would make tough physical plays he was "tenacious" "physical and aggressive" "would do anything to win" when Peterson made those same tough fouls the black player? People would call him a thug.
[Reply]
jd1020 07:58 PM 04-02-2023
That’s my point.

If the WNBA actually lost billionaires money overall, they wouldn’t be subsidizing the sport. They may not make money off of it, but they certainly aren’t losing any with everything considered.
They'll continue to subsidize it as long as toxic feminism is still a major part of social norms. The money they lose continuing to pay for that league is probably a lot less than the money they would lose if they told them to fuck off. Sponsors would leave for "women's rights."
[Reply]
Page 22 of 133
« First < 121819202122 232425263272122 > Last »
Up