ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 24
« First < 71314151617 18192021 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Cole on Youtube just got 20,000 subscribers. Let's Ride
TimeForWasp 11:15 PM 08-31-2022
How Bout Those Chiefs.

Love his content.

https://www.youtube.com/c/howboutthoseCHIEFS

Cole should be breaking 100,000 subscribers tonight or tomorrow. He is blowing it out of the water. 03/14/2023
The Franchise 09:46 AM 03-15-2023
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I think you guys underestimate the power of 1) putting out a shit ton of content and 2) being good at playing the YouTube algorithm and clickbaity thumbnails/titles. According to this estimate, he's getting almost ~1M views per day. That's plenty to live off of.

(That said, I have trouble figuring out where all those views are going. Most of his videos only get ~30k views or so, so maybe it's just a huge back catalog of clickbaity videos that drives it? I dunno. Or maybe that estimate is full of shit. I've seen it on two different estimators, though. :-))
Sure...and YouTube is a fickle bitch that isn't a long term job. I also love the part where it says he's making between $80k to $1.4 million a year.

And no one wants to ask the question but what happens when FA slows down? Is he going to talk about draft prospects for an entire month? And then after the draft what is he going to talk about to keep those views up?
RealSNR 09:49 AM 03-15-2023
I blame the Fine Bros for all this bullshit internet culture of seeing how people react to shit. You even get reaction videos to reaction videos. It's fucking stupid. And I blame reaction videos for turning livechats into big "events" that people will legit spend their time and money on.

Fucking reaction videos, man. Takes zero effort. No content production whatsoever. You don't even have to provide interesting feedback. You just give it a title to identify whatever you are and then what you're reacting to, and you'll get 100K views. It's insane the amount of stupid shit people watch as reaction videos.

If this Cole guy wanted more viewers per video, he'd do a weekly, "Chiefs fan REACTS to _______" where the blank could be any random NFL story. He could park himself on camera during the draft or schedule release or whatever horseshit offseason NFL event takes place, and make all the shocked faces he wants and he'd get viewers.
DaFace 09:51 AM 03-15-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Sure...and YouTube is a fickle bitch that isn't a long term job. I also love the part where it says he's making between $80k to $1.4 million a year.

And no one wants to ask the question but what happens when FA slows down? Is he going to talk about draft prospects for an entire month? And then after the draft what is he going to talk about to keep those views up?
The range is just how YouTube works. He wouldn't be on the low end of that, though - sports tend to command higher ad rates than just about anything.

Like the guy or not, going from 0 to 100k subs in less than a year isn't anything to scoff at. And this video is up to nearly 10 million views.

Those are legit numbers.

Like the guy or not, he knows how to play the YouTube game. The reality is that that's just as important as putting out quality content.
The Franchise 09:54 AM 03-15-2023
The range is just how YouTube works. He wouldn't be on the low end of that, though - sports tend to command higher ad rates than just about anything.

Like the guy or not, going from 0 to 100k subs in less than a year isn't anything to scoff at. And this video is up to nearly 10 million views.

Those are legit numbers.

Like the guy or not, he knows how to play the YouTube game. The reality is that that's just as important as putting out quality content.
I think that video that you linked is a YouTube short and I'm not sure that it counts the same when it comes to views. I could be wrong though.
DaFace 09:58 AM 03-15-2023
I think that video that you linked is a YouTube short and I'm not sure that it counts the same when it comes to views. I could be wrong though.
Correct. Shorts pay out at somewhat lower rates than full-length videos. That's another reason why there's a wide range in the estimates. Doesn't change the fact that he's almost certainly pulling in $85k+ per year on the low end and probably much higher than that.
The Franchise 10:02 AM 03-15-2023
Correct. Shorts pay out at somewhat lower rates than full-length videos. That's another reason why there's a wide range in the estimates. Doesn't change the fact that he's almost certainly pulling in $85k+ per year on the low end and probably much higher than that.
Good for him but he's working with a limited subscriber pool and content that has downtime. Getting to 100k, like you said, is nothing to scoff at but are other football fans going to watch his content? Probably not. Are Chiefs fans going to tune in during the dead times when there is nothing going on? I guess we'll see.

I just don't see how reading tweets and quoting PFF numbers is going to be a long term solution for bringing in money.
Jewish Rabbi 10:25 AM 03-15-2023
Personally I hope he dies
KingPriest2 10:54 AM 03-15-2023

He’s making between 2600 and 4000 a month with 100k

What will he talk about? Same thing he did last year. His viewership increased during the slow period. He shells out videos. People will watch.

Long term job? You can make it into one. The extra money you make just stash away.
Hammock Parties 11:08 AM 03-15-2023

LETS FREAKING GO!!!!!! pic.twitter.com/FQ5bf71j5K

— how bout those CHIEFS (@hbtCHIEFS) March 15, 2023

RunKC 11:10 AM 03-15-2023

My son watches YouTube as much as he can. It’s Minecraft shit. And man there’s tons of people like this guy out there.

Doesn’t matter what it is as long as it’s catchy and interesting you’ll get clicks which will lead to money.

YouTube is such a crazy way to make money bc people are on their phones watching this shit all day long. Nobody seems to watch tv anymore. It’s YouTube and Instagram from what I’ve seen.

And it’s changing. With the Instagram reels it’s pushed YouTube into having “shorts” which it seems like he’s capitalizing on. Those short pieces of content can make you money.

It’s crazy out there
ghak99 11:11 AM 03-15-2023
I hope his third leg inverts just for making me scroll over his videos to get to actual quality content.
htismaqe 11:11 AM 03-15-2023
He'll make money just long enough for Google to change the monetization rules again and then he'll be looking for a new platform like a lot of other people.
Skyy God 11:12 AM 03-15-2023
Prostitutes have more legitimate jobs than this guy.
ModSocks 11:17 AM 03-15-2023
My kid watches him.
Jewish Rabbi 11:18 AM 03-15-2023
Dude should make a podcast about a fake trip to Belize
Page 17 of 24
« First < 71314151617 18192021 > Last »
Up