ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 558 of 3903
« First < 58458508548554555556557558 55956056156256860865810581558 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:36 AM 03-21-2020
18-49 year olds are 54% of the population that has tested positive for the coronavirus in NY state.
[Reply]
Donger 09:38 AM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
And? We've already seen reports out of states across the entire country, coast-coast.

You have no idea. If your argument is those numbers probably won't hold I will agree.

Otherwise you are just talking out of your ass at this point.
Which ones?
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 09:39 AM 03-21-2020
BRC,

There is obviously a critical shortage of RTs in the US for this. I know that anesthesiologists and CRNAs can help fill some of that gap, but could an RT working remotely monitor multiple vents at once, giving instructions to lesser-trained healthcare workers (nurse's aids, LPNs) for the appropriate adjustments to serve as a sort of force multiplier?
[Reply]
staylor26 09:40 AM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
It’s shown to be sensitive to heat so if Mother Nature could help us out and turn the fucking thermostat up that would help
If you want some evidence to support that, we still only have 1 case in the Florida Keys and that was a lady that got it while in the UK.

This is despite them taking cruise ships up until about a week ago and just now closing hotels and forcing tourists/spring breakers out.

It should’ve been spreading down here by now.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:44 AM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by Spott:
I’ve never been in a Costco in my life. Looks like that isn’t going to change.
It's actually pretty efficiently run in non-apocolyptic times... granted, I never went to the one in KC.
[Reply]
O.city 09:44 AM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
If you want some evidence to support that, we still only have 1 case in the Florida Keys and that was a lady that got it while in the UK.

This is despite them taking cruise ships up until about a week ago and just now closing hotels and forcing tourists/spring breakers out.

True, but we don't really know if it's not spreading or if it is and we just aren't testing for it yet.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:46 AM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Which ones?
:-)
[Reply]
staylor26 09:47 AM 03-21-2020
True, but we don't really know if it's not spreading or if it is and we just aren't testing for it yet.
I know a lot of people that work at the hospital and nothing has changed. I don’t know any locals that are or have gotten sick and this is a small town where we’d know if people were getting sick.
[Reply]
Donger 09:47 AM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Which ones have given an update today, and reported 0 new cases?
[Reply]
O.city 09:49 AM 03-21-2020
I know a lot of people that work at the hospital and nothing has changed. I don’t know any locals that are or have gotten sick and this is a small town where we’d know if people were getting sick.
For sure, but we are now seeing reports that there are 30-40% of the infections being asymptomatic or mild symptoms.

So who knows at this point.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:50 AM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Which ones have given an update today, and reported 0 new cases?
You mean you don't know? After you made 2 assumptions on why I reported was wrong you don't even know what you are referring too, do you? I told you which ones haven't. I think you should be able to figure out which ones had. WOW!

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:51 AM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
It's not just about deaths but hospitalizations and intensive treatment requirements. And those with comorbidities, even if younger, will still require treatment, which soaks up already withering and limited resources.
I get that, but it's not what I was commenting on. Homeboy I originally replied to said young people are dying from it. I was simply pointing out that it doesn't appear to be killing young, otherwise healthy individuals.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong. I legitimately have not read of a single American death due to COVID of someone under 50 who didn't have some underlying health issue.

Originally Posted by Monticore:
my point is a lot of people have underlying health issues even under 50. you can't tell somebody has high blood pressure by looking at them.(educated guess maybe) you would be surprised how many people in their late 30s and 40s on blood pressure meds.

https://www.heart.org/idc/groups/hea...ucm_319587.pdf

and this is just hypertension, not including the others I listed
I understand that. Even less conspicuous issues could be present, like that article I originally quoted in which the 20 had leukemia and apparently didn't know it.

Has there been a documented case of a young person dying of COVID due to complications caused by hypertension? If that's the case then damn near the entire Western Hemisphere is fucked.

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Yeah but the ones that are not dying are losing between 20 to 40% of their lung function.
Has this been confirmed? If so, is the damage irreparable? I think the lungs are one of the few internal organs that can self-repair.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 09:52 AM 03-21-2020

Average March temperature in Australia is fairly close to Florida and they have over 1000 cases with an upward trajectory.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:52 AM 03-21-2020
For sure, but we are now seeing reports that there are 30-40% of the infections being asymptomatic or mild symptoms.

Until you test 340 mil people, the asymptomatic thing is nothing more than speculation. We cannot let that paralyze us which it will at some point if we keep speculating.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:53 AM 03-21-2020

I’m in no way pretending that I know what I’m talking about when it comes to this stuff. I just find that really strange when we’ve had tourists down here for weeks. You’d think some people would be getting sick and showing symptoms by now.
[Reply]
Page 558 of 3903
« First < 58458508548554555556557558 55956056156256860865810581558 > Last »
Up