ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 56 of 70
« First < 6465253545556 5758596066 > Last »
Media Center>Star Trek Picard
Frazod 11:27 AM 06-20-2018
http://www.denofgeek.com/us/tv/star-...in-development

Star Trek: The Next Generation Reboot With Patrick Stewart Reportedly in Development

Rumors of the Picard-centric reboot come amid Alex Kurtzman extending his CBS contract for a planned expansion of the Star Trek TV universe.

According to a THR article, there are unconfirmed rumors that CBS TV Studios is developing a Star Trek reboot starring Patrick Stewart in which he would reprise his The Next Generation role as Captain Jean-Luc Picard. According to THR's sources, Alex Kurtzman and Akiva Goldsman are attached to the potential reboot. Not only is this an unconfirmed project, but THR's sources also say that the deal is far from complete and might not happen. Still, this would be huge news for Star Trek fandom—however you might feel about a Picard-centric reboot.

The rumors of the Picard reboot come amidst Kurtzman renewing his overall deal with CBS Television Studios, extending his contract by five years. This will keep him in partnership with the studio through 2023, for a reported $5 million per year.

Kurtzman was recently made sole showrunner of Star Trek: Discovery following the dismissal of previous co-showrunners Aaron Harberts and Gretchen Berg who left amidst reports of bullying behavior in the writers room. Goldsman, who served as an executive producer on Season 1 of Discovery, also left the show, reportedly due to a clash with the writing staff in terms of management style and personality, so it's interesting that he is still attached to the potential Picard-centric reboot.

In addition to his work on Star Trek: Discovery, Kurtzman's extended deal with CBS Television Studios will include an expansion of the Star Trek franchise on the small screen, including the development of new series, miniseries, and other content, including animation.

While this generally seems like good news for the Star Trek universe, it may also be disappointing, depending on what kind of Star Trek fan you are. While the move represents a reinvestment in the Star Trek TV universe, Kurtzman is not known for critical success. Previously, he has co-written the scripts for Transformers, Star Trek, Star Trek Into Darkness, and The Amazing Spider-Man 2. More recently, he directed and co-wrote The Mummy. Not exactly the kind of nuanced science fiction writing Star Trek has, at its best, historically represented.

More news on the expanded Star Trek TV universe as we hear it.
[Reply]
Jamie 01:44 PM 03-21-2023
The original Defiant was blown up, but they got a replacement right before the finale.
[Reply]
Frazod 04:32 PM 03-21-2023
Originally Posted by Jamie:
The original Defiant was blown up, but they got a replacement right before the finale.
Yeah, that's what I thought.

There was another one as well, that the cadets were flying around. That was a cool episode.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:43 PM 03-21-2023
Originally Posted by Bowser:
But yes, Worf digging up a Defiant class to come in swinging and save the day would be squee-worthy. I like these fan service fantasy ideas, haha.
This is acceptable.

I still feel like they might try to get an old constitution class out, if only because the show is drenched in constant TOS/80s Trek references in sound and design.

FFS, the Titan is a "Constitution III-class."

Would be some epic fucking shit. Maybe we'll get the Stargazer and Picard goes out in a blaze of glory. :-)
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:29 PM 03-22-2023
dis gun b gud

Tonight several Starfleet legends return... in so many ways. https://t.co/kykfIYfEQq

— Terry Matalas (@TerryMatalas) March 22, 2023

[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 12:02 AM 03-23-2023
Who else is staying up to watch? About another half hour or so until it comes out (its been coming active at 1:30ish every week so far)
[Reply]
Jamie 02:56 AM 03-23-2023
As an episode, not quite as good as last week, but fan service off the fucking charts.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Bowser 11:36 AM 03-23-2023
As an episode, not quite as good as last week, but fan service off the fucking charts.
That may have been the most ultimate fan service episode of any show to have ever attempted to fan service before. And I loved it all.

Originally Posted by :
Spoiler!
Spoiler!

As you said, not quite as amazing or action packed as last week, but still a great, great episode. This season has surpassed my expectations, and I'm glad it has.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 12:24 PM 03-23-2023
Episodes 1-4 were the first act, 5-6 the second act, and 7-9 are the final act.

These next 3 weeks are gonna be amazing.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Megatron96 03:34 PM 03-23-2023
That was awesome.
[Reply]
Fish 03:54 PM 03-23-2023
Man, the fan service in that episode was off the charts.

Just what I can remember...

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Jamie 05:18 PM 03-23-2023
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Spoiler!
Spoiler!

Originally Posted by Fish:
Man, the fan service in that episode was off the charts.

Just what I can remember...

Spoiler!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Megatron96 06:00 PM 03-23-2023
I guess I'm OG as hell, but my favorite ships are still the old Constitution-class Ships. Just a glimpse of the original Enterprise was enough to make me tear up a little.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:25 PM 03-23-2023

In the ST: TNG sickbay panels, I used the same graphics that Rick Sternbach did for ST:TMP. I had always intended to tweak them to fit into the LCARS style. In Star Trek: Picard, I finally got around to it. A new episode of Star Trek: Picard streams today on Paramount+. pic.twitter.com/PgQRP2Kby3

— Michael Okuda (@MikeOkuda) March 23, 2023

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:53 PM 03-23-2023

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:55 PM 03-23-2023

Spoiler!
Spoiler!
:-)
[Reply]
Page 56 of 70
« First < 6465253545556 5758596066 > Last »
Up