Page 705 of 934
« First < 205605655695701702703704705 706707708709715755805 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Investing megathread extravaganza
DaFace 11:23 AM 06-27-2016
A place to talk about investing stuff.
[Reply]
crispystl 07:19 AM 07-09-2021
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
To be honest with you, it’s money I had earmarked for my kids to give to them before I passed on.

I decided that this was an opportunity to get a lot of money to buy a very nice house with beach access & acreage in Maui, where I would live until I died & then will it to the kids to use as a vacation place & have my ashes spread out on the beach so they could always remember me when they were there.

Sorta my legacy to future generations. Ego driven? Probably…but I know the kids would love it & I would love it while I can.
I'm rooting for you hard man. What's your average if you don't mind me asking?
Also if that bitch does squeeze you're going to be freaking LOADED!
[Reply]
lewdog 09:13 AM 07-09-2021
I’ve got multiple new positions moving 3-4% today. AAPL keeps on moving green.

ALGN SNOW

Yeehaw!
[Reply]
lewdog 11:26 AM 07-09-2021
Market up nicely and most of my positions are very green today.

Which one of you is going to come in here and complain so I become a cutter?!?!?!
[Reply]
stumppy 11:39 AM 07-09-2021
I ain't complaining at all. Up about 16% in the last month and 33% in the last two months.

Took some losses took some gains and ended up pretty good. I didn't start out with much $$ but I keep throwing in more every chance I get.
[Reply]
-King- 12:02 PM 07-09-2021
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Market up nicely and most of my positions are very green today.

Which one of you is going to come in here and complain so I become a cutter?!?!?!
WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON WITH TLRY LEW?!?! WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON WITH TLRY?!?!
[Reply]
lewdog 12:11 PM 07-09-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON WITH TLRY LEW?!?! WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON WITH TLRY?!?!
I got stopped out for a 5% loss the same day I bought it. Thank God I was using capital risk management strategies or I’d be down 15%
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 12:59 PM 07-09-2021
I got stopped out for a 5% loss the same day I bought it. Thank God I was using capital risk management strategies or I’d be down 15%
Should have bought TPST instead
[Reply]
lewdog 01:15 PM 07-09-2021
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
Should have bought TPST instead
I’m the only one that shares a trading plan before implementing!

You guys just post your “wins” after they happen.

I got in SNOW today which was on my watchlist from end of June. Up 6% today after getting in on momentum.
[Reply]
DaFace 03:05 PM 07-09-2021
DaFace, this is for you!

My 401k is in the following funds. I recommend index funds for 401k's since generally the expense ratios are super low. It really depends on what your company offers. The company I was with before this had absolutely crap fund options, all mutual funds and very expensive. I was so happy when the new company had tons of Vanguard options.

Vanguard 500 Index Fund - Admiral Class (awesome fund if you have access)
Vanguard Mid-Cap Index Fund - Admiral Class
Vanguard Small Cap Index Fund - Admiral Class
American Century Emerging Markets Fund - Class R6

Expense ratios of .04, .05, .05 and .91 respectively. I am invested 70% in the 500 index and 10% in the rest.

5 year rate of return on these funds is 16.26, 14.60, 14.97, 6.91. I have seen others discuss possibly dropping international exposure as it appears it lags US stocks for decades now for many funds when dollar cost averaging.

100% equities for me given that I am 35. I am not pulling for a market downturn but it would benefit me long term to see a very strong downward move where I just keep investing in these passive funds (maybe even more so).

I have T Rowe Price for my ROTH IRA and they are a bit more expensive for actively managed funds. But many have done very well and I can diversify a bit with 2 funds I like from them, one being a communication/tech fund and one being health sciences.

Expense ratios for the 5 actively managed I have with them range from .68 to .80. Their 5 year rate of returns have been better than my 401k, however. 24.08, 25.89, 20.48, 18.46, 15.05.
I'm a little more conservative (shocking, I know), so I've kept things fairly balanced. I mainly focus on expense ratios, and I'm in the Schwab ecosystem at least for now, so for a long time I was doing roughly:

60% SWTSX - Total Stock Market Index (0.03% ER)
20% SWISX - International Index (0.06% ER)
20% SWAGX - Aggregate Bond Index (0.04% ER)

After a while, though, I just realized that I just don't have much interest in putting a ton of thought into it (again, shouldn't be a surprise based on this thread). So with an interest in getting a little more diversification without having to think much about it, I'm mostly in this at this point:

SWYMX - Target 2050 Index (0.08% ER)

For other people who are lazy like me, I feel like index target date funds are a nice option. They take little to no thought and start out fairly aggressive (around 15% bonds 30 years out from the target date), then automatically shift to being more conservative as the date approaches. They also bring in a little real estate and emerging markets exposure, which I wasn't getting with my three-fund portfolio. And while it obviously makes the most sense to pick a target date for when you want to retire, you can kind of tweak the formula for how aggressive you want to be by bumping back the date a little further if you wish.

Anyway, no one is ever going to be excited by my approach, but every time I see people post about their portfolio's performance, and I compare it to mine, I'm always right there in the mix, which is all I'm looking for. I care far more about long-term consistency than I do about being at the top of the chart every time.
[Reply]
MTG#10 03:53 PM 07-09-2021
Classic hedgefund psychological warfare with AMC this week. Keep it red for days, then really push it down followed by a nice green day to try and get people to sell after days of sweating the red. Probably worked on a few but the real apes have seen this trick a hundred times now.
[Reply]
MTG#10 04:37 PM 07-09-2021
A little "insider" info for you guys. Tanger Outlets (SKT) earnings are coming up in a couple weeks and a good friend is a high executive at the Branson location. He is loading up on shares using an account in his brother's name, says their earnings are going to crush expectations for this quarter. I know great earnings don't mean a lot for stock prices in this retarded market but it is also heavily shorted and has some Reddit attention.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 04:51 PM 07-09-2021
Originally Posted by MTG#10:
A little "insider" info for you guys. Tanger Outlets (SKT) earnings are coming up in a couple weeks and a good friend is a high executive at the Branson location. He is loading up on shares using an account in his brother's name, says their earnings are going to crush expectations for this quarter. I know great earnings don't mean a lot for stock prices in this retarded market but it is also heavily shorted and has some Reddit attention.
Took a look on stocktwits. All negative and people loading up on PUTS.
[Reply]
MTG#10 04:55 PM 07-09-2021
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
Took a look on stocktwits. All negative and people loading up on PUTS.
That's a good sign.
[Reply]
Halfcan 07:35 PM 07-09-2021
Seems like you're looking for someone to blame but the easy answer here is.....it's you.

If the markets are green 10/13 days and indexes are setting all-time highs, than it's you that's the problem. This is why 90%+ of investors are better off buying index funds and holding rather than individual stocks. Individual stocks are riskier because the market is NOT rational. Stocks have great earnings all the time and end up selling off. I make it a point to NEVER own a stock in my trading account through earnings because the market/stocks aren't rational.

If you are using an actual strategy to buy and sell, you won't get caught holding dogs. But most people convince themselves that whatever stock they purchased SHOULD go up. You're doing just that in your post here. Please, don't do that.

The month of June was amazing for me in my trading account. If what you are doing is losing money on heavily trending bull markets, you only have yourself to blame.

Mind sharing what companies you own that are dogging you?
So, I only have myself to blame that my account skyrocketed today and is up 3-fold in the last year and a half? :-)

Yes, I use the strategy of doing due diligence and finding strong financially sound companies to invest in for the long term.

Here are my "dogs" as you called them. Numbers are Negative.

MVVYF -$444.14 in at .54 cents per share. Share price tanked a few weeks after I bought it. Could have sold for a few hundred profit- but really like this company and held. I will prob buy 2600 more shares to get my ave. down to .30 or so.

SFTBY -$59.05 SPACS market tanked a week after I bought it.

PSTG -$35.30 Good company, but just can't get any traction.

CS -$26.64 Credit Suisse got hammered when a Hedge fund went belly up due to Reddit investors. Huges losses.

PSFE -$23.30 Hammered after BitCoin tanked.

SCHW -$22.04 Owned shares for 2 weeks. They just bought out Ameritrade.

UWMC -$14.25 Bought on a CP stock tip. :-) I actually really like this company and they have strong earnings.

FNF _$12.74 Was in the Green- stock went down due to Fear in something or other. :-)

BNGO -$10.44 Bought on CP stock tip. :-) I like this company and think it might have a chance to do some really good things.

FMNB -$ 9.82 Good divey earner- down because of Fear of rate hikes in Europe or some stupid shit.

HPE -$6.28 Was Green- but recently dipped Red- cause the market decided it should be Red, until they decide to make it Green again.

CC -$5.90 Same as above.

PLTR -$3.40 Bought on CP stock tip. :-) I actually like this company. A little too volatile for my taste, but looks promising.

KO -$3.10 Was Green until Renaldo the soccer player moved his coke can and the company lost 4 Billion in value in 1 day. Ridiculous. :-)

FE -$2.35 Green and good earner. Down because of inflation fears.

SUTNY -$2.13 One of my International bank stocks. It is foreign- and who the **** knows what is going on in their crazy market.

JEF - .70 Just bought 2 days ago before the market selloff for no apparent reason- in which I bitched about and started this dialogue with you.

So there it is. I also dumped AGNPF for $110.00 loss this week. True definition of a dog. Also sold PROG at a profit to offset. Took my gains, did not want to ride the rocket ship back down.
[Reply]
MTG#10 08:24 PM 07-09-2021
Originally Posted by Halfcan:

UWMC -$14.25 Bought on a CP stock tip. :-) I actually really like this company and they have strong earnings.
I searched this thread, other than one post saying "Are we going all in on UWMC" in Feb with no replies I'm the only person who pimped this stock and it was $8.46 when I posted the Reddit DD on it. It's only passed $14 one time back in late Dec.
[Reply]
Page 705 of 934
« First < 205605655695701702703704705 706707708709715755805 > Last »
Up