View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 120 of 343
« First < 2070110116117118119120 121122123124130170220 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:50 PM 07-16-2022
Sneed will cost a lot
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 02:16 PM 07-16-2022
Yea, Sneed is gonna get paid. Ideally similar to contract Ward just signed
[Reply]
TwistedChief 02:22 PM 07-16-2022
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
I'm not sure "ideally" means what you think it does.
[Reply]
BossChief 02:34 PM 07-16-2022
Originally Posted by Carr4MVP:
Schefter's such a peon. Brown turned down an “aggressive” offer? With no reported guaranteed coin beyond $30.25M and funny money he’d never see at the end? Balt gave Stanley $64M in guaranteed coin. Tunsil got $40M in guaranteed coin.

It is all about guaranteed money. Players are wising up to the fluff years.
Veach made the right move and capped his offer EXACTLY where I said he would. Orlando is a very good RT and has the potential to develop into a top 5 LT, but he’s absolutely not proven there yet. For him to get “silverback type money” (23m +14%) he needs to show the ability to not get beat for multiple sacks in a playoff game while on an island. He needs to show he has the athletic ability to stay with top end pass rushers if he wasn’t to be paid like a top end LT.

I think Orlando can do exactly that. I think recent pictures of him with noticeable weight loss are indicative of him acknowledging that his weight prohibited his lateral movement skills drastically. He’s also posted short videos of his technique work, also showing that he himself sees that improvement is needed.

From what I’ve heard and read, there is no “bad blood” and both sides walked away from negotiations with the thought that the conversations would continue next offseason and if these things are shown with marked improvement, a deal can be made next offseason.

Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Sneed will likely set a new mark for top corner when they extend him as long as he stays healthy and continues to improve.

He’s a highly underrated player outside of KC, but he’s a complete corner with high end upside. I expect him to have a career year this season.
[Reply]
TEX 03:09 PM 07-16-2022
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Veach made the right move and capped his offer EXACTLY where I said he would. Orlando is a very good RT and has the potential to develop into a top 5 LT, but he’s absolutely not proven there yet. For him to get “silverback type money” (23m +14%) he needs to show the ability to not get beat for multiple sacks in a playoff game while on an island. He needs to show he has the athletic ability to stay with top end pass rushers if he wasn’t to be paid like a top end LT.

I think Orlando can do exactly that. I think recent pictures of him with noticeable weight loss are indicative of him acknowledging that his weight prohibited his lateral movement skills drastically. He’s also posted short videos of his technique work, also showing that he himself sees that improvement is needed.

From what I’ve heard and read, there is no “bad blood” and both sides walked away from negotiations with the thought that the conversations would continue next offseason and if these things are shown with marked improvement, a deal can be made next offseason.

Sneed will likely set a new mark for top corner when they extend him as long as he stays healthy and continues to improve.

He’s a highly underrated player outside of KC, but he’s a complete corner with high end upside. I expect him to have a career year this season.
What??? I thought you were full on board the"Make OBJ the highest paid LT in the league" train. Maybe I'm mistaken, but I thought u told me several times how much OBJ was worth all kinds of large bills and folks need to get used to that.
[Reply]
RunKC 03:11 PM 07-16-2022
Sneed is a good player but he’s not top of the market good. And his position has been one of the most replicable on the team.

Breeland, Ward, Sneed, Fenton, Fuller. All quality players here. And I see McDuffie and Williams continuing that.

If they didn’t pay Ward a good damned awesome contract then why pay Sneed? It’s plug-n-play for them
[Reply]
TEX 03:12 PM 07-16-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
It played out exactly how us morons have been saying it should.
Yep. That happens a lot. :-)
[Reply]
dlphg9 03:13 PM 07-16-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Sneed is a good player but he’s not top of the market good. And his position has been one of the most replicable on the team.

Breeland, Ward, Sneed, Fenton, Fuller. All quality players here. And I see McDuffie and Williams continuing that.

If they didn’t pay Ward a good damned awesome contract then why pay Sneed? It’s plug-n-play for them
Yep, they clearly know how to evaluate CBs and can make it work with rookies or cheap vets.
[Reply]
-King- 03:14 PM 07-16-2022
Originally Posted by TEX:
What??? I thought you were full on board the"Make OBJ the highest paid LT in the league" train. Maybe I'm mistaken, but I thought u told me several times how much OBJ was worth all kinds of large bills and folks need to get used to that.
One could argue that LTs are more important than WRs and Edge Rushers due to their scarcity.

Top WRs are getting 28-30m aav
Top Edge guys are getting 27-28m aav

If we can ink Orlando for 24-25m aav that’s a good deal and we’re just lucky for the timing that the position is still that affordable at the top.

[Reply]
RunKC 03:16 PM 07-16-2022
Seriously what the fuck? Ward got the 14th highest corner contract at $13.5 million AAV while top of the market at that position is now $21 million. For Ward that’s a goddamned STEAL.

If we weren’t willing to pay a damn good corner cheap money why would we do it for Sneed? Maybe bc we drafted him sure, but damn.

I think they see corner as plug-n-play
[Reply]
Dawson 03:17 PM 07-16-2022
Nice player but he should be taking a deal to be able to play for the Chiefs. It's like dude, you wanna win Super Bowls? Gets to block for the best QB in football. Its kinda crazy where his head is at. Its like take 18 million a year and be happy.
[Reply]
BossChief 05:50 PM 07-16-2022
Originally Posted by TEX:
I stated that I was willing to pay OBJ exactly what Schefter reported as the walk away point Veach walked away from the table. That hasn’t changed.

Honestly, I would have done exactly what Veach did and have said as much the whole way.

I’m also on record before we even released Fisher and Schwartz that I thought Trent Williams is a guy we should go all in on. I would have kept the picks and kept bidding to get Silverback to guard Pats blindside. I also named Orlando Brown as the guy we should go after when we didn’t win the bidding war for Silverback.

If you’ve followed along with my posts, I’ve literally called each step of these moves before they happened and if we had gotten Silverback, this line would be in contention for one of the best OLs ever.

Nuanced stances
[Reply]
Titty Meat 05:56 PM 07-16-2022

Lol no he's not
[Reply]
BossChief 06:10 PM 07-16-2022
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Lol no he's not
Sneed?

What part of his game is lacking?

Every corner gets beat from time to time…Sneed is no exception…but he’s great in coverage, can play inside or outside, can play safety, is equally as good against the run or pass, doesn’t get burnt often, is good in press man, trail, zone and has good eyes and instincts.

What trait is he lacking, with the exception of his injury history (which I added a caveat for)
[Reply]
TEX 06:12 PM 07-16-2022
Sneed?

What part of his game is lacking?

Every corner gets beat from time to time…Sneed is no exception…but he’s great in coverage, can play inside or outside, can play safety, is equally as good against the run or pass, doesn’t get burnt often, is good in press man, trail, zone and has good eyes and instincts.

What trait is he lacking, with the exception of his injury history (which I added a caveat for)
I think he was saying "no," to Sneed being highly underrated.... :-)
[Reply]
Page 120 of 343
« First < 2070110116117118119120 121122123124130170220 > Last »
Up