ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 220 of 335
« First < 120170210216217218219220 221222223224230270320 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Thread
BigRedChief 08:29 PM 01-08-2015
Feel free to discuss any future speculation, theories. Anything from the books is fair game to post. Everything that has been broadcast on TV or from HBO. No spoilers needed.

1. If you watched or know the events that will take place in a unaired episode that has not been broadcast on HBO, you must put all the information and comments in a spoiler tag.
  2. Do not post any media of any kind involving actual content from unaired episodes without being in a spoiler. The only exception to the spoiler rule is content publicly posted from HBO and or the GOT actor themselves. Teasers, promos, trailers etc.

Any person unable to follow the spoiler rules will be banned from this thread. 14 days for first offense. Perm banned from the thread for a 2nd offense.

[Reply]
SAUTO 05:06 PM 06-12-2016
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
I've presumed the magic of GoT to be someone within the bounds of realism.. And by realism I mean "physics".
Dragons...do you think flying dragons are physically possible?
[Reply]
Bowser 05:11 PM 06-12-2016
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
I've presumed the magic of GoT to be someone within the bounds of realism.. And by realism I mean "physics".
No, I get it, it's certainly a reach. The Faceless Men blend in anywhere and are unseen, but how else do you explain Jaqen being able to morph into a little hunch back black man?

I'm not the book scholar Hawk and a few others are here, but iirc there is an element of illusion bolstered by some type of magic the Faceless Men use when putting on a face that is alluded to in the books.
[Reply]
keg in kc 05:24 PM 06-12-2016
The entire series begins with zombies killing people north of a 700 foot magical ice wall. You'd think people would grasp the fantasy part by now.
[Reply]
Buehler445 05:26 PM 06-12-2016
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
The entire series begins with zombies killing people north of a 700 foot magical ice wall built by Giants and magical midgets that put magic in the wall that keeps zombies out. You'd think people would grasp the fantasy part by now.
Fixed.

And NOPE. GOTS TO BE REAL MOTHERFUCKER
[Reply]
SAUTO 05:27 PM 06-12-2016
The entire series begins with zombies killing people north of a 700 foot magical ice wall. You'd think people would grasp the fantasy part by now.
THERE'S FANTASY INVOLVED?

YOU FUCKING FUCK. SPOILERS GODDAMMIT.
[Reply]
Buehler445 05:31 PM 06-12-2016
I saw a theory that Lady Crane helped her fake it with pig blood from the play and she is luring her out to fucking smoke the waif.

I also saw a theory that it is Serio Ferrell because the shadow Arya cast looked like him, shoulder pads and all.
[Reply]
Hawk 05:33 PM 06-12-2016
The fantasy elements in that world should stay consistent, even if they are fantasy.

But of course there's some kind of magic going on with the Faceless Men if they can transform using dead people's faces. Not sure how else that would work without some magical element.

The red god also has some "glamour" powers to make people look different, like Mel and her necklace that makes her look young. In the books Mel is also able to make a character look like a different character through her use of glamours, so it works on others besides just herself.
[Reply]
Buehler445 05:35 PM 06-12-2016
In other news, the waif is sporting some decent smoke under all those robes herself.

Image: Not Safe for Work

[Reply]
Hawk 05:35 PM 06-12-2016
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I saw a theory that Lady Crane helped her fake it with pig blood from the play and she is luring her out to ****ing smoke the waif.

I also saw a theory that it is Serio Ferrell because the shadow Arya cast looked like him, shoulder pads and all.
HBO released the image on the left from this episode a couple of days ago, and the internet went crazy with Syrio Forel theories based on how the shadow looks like Syrio (image on right). HBO is not dumb in terms of drumming up interest, but I still doubt it is Syrio. Though who wouldn't love it if Syrio returns, or if the long standing, but often scoffed at theory that Jaqen is really Syrio ends up being true.

[Reply]
Bowser 06-12-2016, 05:38 PM
This message has been deleted by Bowser. Reason: nvm, Hawk fixed it :D
listopencil 05:38 PM 06-12-2016
I saw a theory that Lady Crane helped her fake it with pig blood from the play and she is luring her out to fucking smoke the waif.

That would be the simplest way to move the story along. Arya set herself up for it to happen on the bridge so she could topple over into the water to get away. She stumbled through town faking bloody wounds because the waif wouldn't want to do anything else to her in public, in front of a crowd. She'll wander off and appear to die and no one will give a shit. Then she'll rejoin the acting troupe and travel with them. She doesn't have to kill the waif. Of course she still could do that, but it doesn't have to happen. It could be left as a loose end.
[Reply]
Hawk 05:39 PM 06-12-2016
In other news, the waif is sporting some decent smoke under all those robes herself.

Image: Not Safe for Work
Ha, nice rack!
[Reply]
keg in kc 05:39 PM 06-12-2016
Yeah I'm thinking the adventures of Arya traveling with actors isn't the direction we're headed.
[Reply]
Bowser 05:44 PM 06-12-2016
Yeah I'm thinking the adventures of Arya traveling with actors isn't the direction we're headed.
Agreed. the traveling troupe was the mechanism used to get her out of the Faceless Men, not her "destiny". That lies in Westeros with her direwolf and list of people yet to die.
[Reply]
Hawk 05:47 PM 06-12-2016
Syrio was cool. One thing you can say about GRRM is he really does a fantastic job with his minor characters like Syrio, Jaqen, Strong Belwas, etc.

Reminder of the last time we saw Syrio:

[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:06 PM 06-12-2016
Originally Posted by Red Brooklyn:
I really want this to be true. Love this theory. But can't seem to reconcile "her" walking through the streets after the attack. What would be the point in Jaqen doing that.
He doesn't die but likes her? Who knows. I know they are not killing off Arya.
[Reply]
Page 220 of 335
« First < 120170210216217218219220 221222223224230270320 > Last »
Up