ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 122 of 335
« First < 2272112118119120121122 123124125126132172222 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Thread
BigRedChief 08:29 PM 01-08-2015
Feel free to discuss any future speculation, theories. Anything from the books is fair game to post. Everything that has been broadcast on TV or from HBO. No spoilers needed.

1. If you watched or know the events that will take place in a unaired episode that has not been broadcast on HBO, you must put all the information and comments in a spoiler tag.
  2. Do not post any media of any kind involving actual content from unaired episodes without being in a spoiler. The only exception to the spoiler rule is content publicly posted from HBO and or the GOT actor themselves. Teasers, promos, trailers etc.

Any person unable to follow the spoiler rules will be banned from this thread. 14 days for first offense. Perm banned from the thread for a 2nd offense.

[Reply]
BigRichard 06:41 AM 05-08-2016
Originally Posted by listopencil:

https://youtu.be/0PuS1gSbLyI
There is already a new GRR Martin song...

[Reply]
RustShack 07:25 AM 05-08-2016
Have you noticed how in the previews when they show Bran having a vision(I'm assuming since he's standing) with the Night King, he grabs Brans arm?
[Reply]
SAUTO 07:32 AM 05-08-2016
I can't believe there are people arguing about realism in this thread.

It's a FANTASY series you fucking idiots.
[Reply]
crazycoffey 08:11 AM 05-08-2016
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
They had to Res him in Episode two, they have to build up Jon Snows new image. He is changed, he is still Jon Snow. But now he knows life is worth living, and he has a purpose.

This purpose will be furthered when finds out his true parentage, Bran is going to ride to the wall before seasons end. You will have a Stark Family Reunion minus Arya?

Should be good!
And since snow went to the other side and experienced the void after death, he really does know nothing, the nothing anyway......
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:17 AM 05-08-2016
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO:
I can't believe there are people arguing about realism in this thread.

It's a FANTASY series you fucking idiots.

I don't think anyone is arguing that, but this is a discussion thread, is it not?

The whole concept of king's blood in the show and books is pretty murky. That's all.
[Reply]
SAUTO 09:18 AM 05-08-2016
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I don't think anyone is arguing that, but this is a discussion thread, is it not?

The whole concept of king's blood in the show and oks is pretty murky. That's all.
dude there are dragons in this series.
Dragons.

And you are questioning the kings blood angle?

Btw I wasn't only talking about you.

Omg the dogs disappeared, well guess what?

Some 1000 years old lady who looks younger when she has a necklace on also resurrects people...

Watch fantasy for fantasy not for reality
[Reply]
mr. tegu 09:21 AM 05-08-2016
One of the great things about this show and books I presume to an even further extent, is that every little detail seems to have a purpose and a reason that is consistent and makes sense to the story and the world that has been established. That's what makes the discussion good even though it may leave people wondering sometimes why something is the way it is because the story is held to such a high standard.
[Reply]
SAUTO 09:25 AM 05-08-2016
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
One of the great things about this show and books I presume to an even further extent, is that every little detail seems to have a purpose and a reason that is consistent and makes sense to the story and the world that has been established. That's what makes the discussion good even though it may leave people wondering sometimes why something is the way it is because the story is held to such a high standard.
No way does every detail mean something, especially in the books.

There are hundreds of pages about what people are eating...
[Reply]
unlurking 09:52 AM 05-08-2016
Personally I'd rather be involved with discussions regarding the minutiae within fantasy stories than what the Kardashians latest controversy is. If that makes me a "fucking idiot", so be it.
[Reply]
SAUTO 05-08-2016, 09:56 AM
This message has been deleted by SAUTO.
SAUTO 09:57 AM 05-08-2016
Originally Posted by unlurking:
Personally I'd rather be involved with discussions regarding the minutiae within fantasy stories than what the Kardashians latest controversy is. If that makes me a "fucking idiot", so be it.
Now that I can understand.

Do you expect it to be super realistic?
[Reply]
unlurking 10:06 AM 05-08-2016
Now that I can understand.

Do you expect it to be super realistic?
Nope. And honestly, I really don't care about kings blood or disappearing dogs. I do read the discussions though, because sometimes someone points out something that I didn't notice at the time. Like the fact that Ramsay was using 2 different breed of dog. Is that an important fact? Probably not. But I thought that was a cool attention to detail bit on their part.

With the current social media tools and trends for people to pick apart every little thing, we are seeing content developers create easter eggs all over. I get a kick out of those. I also enjoy very subtle foreshadowing efforts that I don't pick up on, but appreciate with a chuckle when someone who has way too much time on their hands recognizes and shares them.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:09 AM 05-08-2016
Personally I'd rather be involved with discussions regarding the minutiae within fantasy stories than what the Kardashians latest controversy is.
Thats cool. I want that too. As I think most people in this thread also want. Just no personal insults.
[Reply]
SAUTO 10:10 AM 05-08-2016
Nope. And honestly, I really don't care about kings blood or disappearing dogs. I do read the discussions though, because sometimes someone points out something that I didn't notice at the time. Like the fact that Ramsay was using 2 different breed of dog. Is that an important fact? Probably not. But I thought that was a cool attention to detail bit on their part.

With the current social media tools and trends for people to pick apart every little thing, we are seeing content developers create easter eggs all over. I get a kick out of those. I also enjoy very subtle foreshadowing efforts that I don't pick up on, but appreciate with a chuckle when someone who has way too much time on their hands recognizes and shares them.
Lol, then we are In the same boat basically. You arent one of the fucking idiots I was talking about.

I'm talking about people who believe this series should be realistic..
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:16 AM 05-08-2016
I think the Rhllor thing boils down to a combination of faith and sacrifice.

Priests/priestess with great faith in Rhllor can perform miraculous things (as with Thoros and Beric). When a great sacrifice is made to feed the god's power (ritual blood sacrifice), the priest/priestess making the sacrifice gets some of that power.

If you've been reading the books, there are a lot of indications Melisandre has been misinterpreting her visions - seeing Stannis when actually it's Jon Snow. So her power being used to res Snow is actually just in line with everything she's been seeing (but not seeing).
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:22 AM 05-08-2016
No way does every detail mean something, especially in the books.

There are hundreds of pages about what people are eating...
I hated that. I quit reading it about halfway through book #2.
[Reply]
Page 122 of 335
« First < 2272112118119120121122 123124125126132172222 > Last »
Up